Bristol attendance.

Joniki

Team Owner
Contributor
I just received a call from Bristol Ticket office wondering why I didn’t renew my tickets. The lady told me the 2012 renewals are running at less than 50% for next year’s races. She also said as of today, only about 40% of the tickets have been renewed for the August night race.

The jacked up room rates is going to kill NASCAR.

NASCAR can't control that any more than they can control the mortgage on your house...

They could negotiate deals with some of the big hotels for ticket / room packages at the right price for their fans.

Since they repaved Bristol, the racing sucks. That's why attendance is down.

And the big hotels would take a cut in profit because.....

And the big hotels would take a cut in profit because.....

They get to fill EVERY room, so they end up making more by charging less. Simple economics, my boy. I'm sure fans would travel an extra 30 minutes to save big on their room as part of a package.

I couldn't DISAGREE with this staement any more vehemently! That's one of the more idiotic opinions I have heard, although you are not the only person who holds that opinion. I just can't seem to understand how two-wide racing on a short track is a bad thing!!! Bristol is SO much better now.

Would you like to go back to the comparitively flat asphalt half-mile version (where average attendance was maybe 20,000)? I wouldn't...

IMO you are wrong....

I have been going to Bristol for many years and after the repave the racing got better. I left my tickets go because the dang hotel had a four night minimum at $300 a night.

I am hoping to go to the bristol night race next year, last few years getting tickets hasn't been a problem :)

I do wish they would drop the price a bit tho..

I just received a call from Bristol Ticket office wondering why I didn’t renew my tickets. The lady told me the 2012 renewals are running at less than 50% for next year’s races. She also said as of today, only about 40% of the tickets have been renewed for the August night race.

The jacked up room rates is going to kill NASCAR.

I can see why. I went to the spring race and cooked my ass off in the stands. Im done with day races. I spend my week cooking under the hot sun on my lawn mower. I don't need to do it anymore at a track where I have to pay to sit and cook my ass off. The night race however, I can see those selling if they stop asking for an arm and a leg.

IMO you are wrong....

I have been going to Bristol for many years and after the repave the racing got better. I left my tickets go because the dang hotel had a four night minimum at $300 a night.

Bristol used to be my faviorate race of the year since the repaving of the track I find it about as exciting as the mile and a half track.

I couldn't agree more. It was a single file train in the past and when you got pushed out of line you were passed. Watching them really race now is far more exciting IMO and that's why I continue to buy my season tickets.

As far as attendance goes, it can drop by 50,000 for next years night race and they'll still have over 100,000 people there. I don't think the place is going to loose a race anytime soon. They built that place up until the seats outnumbered the demand as many track did. Maybe they'll go the route of some of the other facilities and restructure the seating so that the seats are wider and more comfortable?

As far as hotel prices go..... I've never experienced that at any track as we camp at the track at every race that we go to. We camp @ Bristol for $99 for the entire week. We have a reserved site. We don't have to worry about parking. Heck, BMS even provides shuttle service to/from local shopping centers so we don't have to drive anywhere while we are there.

[QUOTE .... Watching them really race now is far more exciting IMO and that's why I continue to buy my season tickets.
... they'll still have over 100,000 people there.
... We camp @ Bristol for $99 for the entire week. We have a reserved site. We don't have to worry about parking. Heck, BMS even provides shuttle service to/from local shopping centers so we don't have to drive anywhere while we are there.[/QUOTE]

Wow... you sound like you like the best racing in the world. You won't find much support here for those radical views .:beerbang:

Ticket prices are a big part of the problem. I think they still charge $93-$96 for a single ticket. And season tickets are ridiculous considering you're paying full price for a Nationwide ticket. That's why I stopped buying mine. I was throwing away money.

If they'd lower the Cup tickets to $75 and Nationwide tickets to $40, they'd sell more of both.

I bought a pair of tickets in the good seats, the individual seats with club level access, for $75 a piece for the night race. These things sell for $130 each. It's nice to have your own seat and ride the elevator up, but I don't think it's worth $130.

Ticket prices are a big part of the problem. I think they still charge $93-$96 for a single ticket. And season tickets are ridiculous considering you're paying full price for a Nationwide ticket. That's why I stopped buying mine. I was throwing away money.

If they'd lower the Cup tickets to $75 and Nationwide tickets to $40, they'd sell more of both.

I bought a pair of tickets in the good seats, the individual seats with club level access, for $75 a piece for the night race. These things sell for $130 each. It's nice to have your own seat and ride the elevator up, but I don't think it's worth $130.

Bruton's not shy about charging top dollar to his venues. I only have tickets to both Cup races, not Nationwide, although we go every time anyhow. You can get Cup only tickets if you want and still get tickets for both the spring/fall races. It didn't used to be that way but times are tough. My Cup tickets are $93/seat for the spring Cup event and $105/seat for the night race. They are the same exact seats for both races yet they're $12 more in the fall. That's bad but it's not as bad as some of the prices I've paid to go to Steelers and Penguin games here in my Pittsburgh market.

Have you considered going only to the N'wide race? Tix are MUCH cheaper, you still get to see the CUP cars practice and then you can watch the CUP race from the comfort of your own sofa.

That's what I do when they race at Fontucky!

When I go there, I go there for the Cup race. The Nationwide race is my optional race. It's an eight hour drive to get back to my sofa.

When I go there, I go there for the Cup race. The Nationwide race is my optional race. It's an eight hour drive to get back to my sofa.

Gotcha!

N'wide is probably half the price of CUP - and there is maybe 2/3 the number of fans. It would still be something I would consider.

But then, if I were going to invest that amout of travel time, I would go to BOTH races! ;)

The last few years I really enjoyed watching the modified race more than any other race.

When I went to Bristol I stayed in North Carolina. It was almost an hour drive but it was a reasonable hotel room rate and saved me more money then getting something closer, even with gas prices being what they are.

Bruton's not shy about charging top dollar to his venues. I only have tickets to both Cup races, not Nationwide, although we go every time anyhow. You can get Cup only tickets if you want and still get tickets for both the spring/fall races. It didn't used to be that way but times are tough. My Cup tickets are $93/seat for the spring Cup event and $105/seat for the night race. They are the same exact seats for both races yet they're $12 more in the fall. That's bad but it's not as bad as some of the prices I've paid to go to Steelers and Penguin games here in my Pittsburgh market.

That didn't use to be an option.

Atlanta has some good deals on tickets down there on some pretty good seats. I can't speak for any of Bruton's other tracks.

That didn't use to be an option.

It wasn't until the attendance started to fall. I used to have four seats there for years and finally decided to drop them. When I did drop them I had no intentions on ever going back, only because of financial reasons. They called me when I didn't renew my seats and I explained to them the reason why. I said that if I could just buy two seats to just the Cup races I'd be back in a heartbeat. They gave me what I wanted and I continued to be a season ticket holder. Now, every time we go there the Nationwide, Truck, & Modifieds are an option though we tend to go anyhow. I just wait to see how the weather plays out for the weekend.

Simply put it is the economy, this past season no matter what track you watched there were plenty of vacant seats, this will not change for at least 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom