Bristol Question

A

Aggiewes

Question for you Bristol Veterans....

I will be staying in Blowing Rock, NC this weekend. Is it better to go straight over to Bristol via 321 or should I go up to Abington, VA and come down I81? I guess it is 20-30 miles further to go to VA.

Also.... any other last minute tips for this Bristol novice?

Aggiewes

Go the Virginia route. Longer but quicker.

Weather man says the rain should stop by Thursday. Still, bring mud boots. The parking areas around the track are famous for poor drainage.

I always go thru Abingdon and get up on 81.... thats always been my route. Its the best way to go, but just be prepared to fight traffic and wear good walking shoes. Your best bet is to get there EARLY.

Slick-Nick,

Love the avatar of Greg Moore, I often wonder what he would have done in a Penske car - 5 championships by now? Brings back memories of CART's glory days...

Thanks redrock. I believe that when Greg passed away, I think CART went with him. Ever since that crash, I haven't cared much for CART. Think of it this way......

Greg was signed to drive for Penske in 2000. After Greg passed away, Castroneves took his seat.. and look at the success he's had. What.. 2 or 3 Indy 500 wins? Greg had more talent in a finger than many had at all, so I think Greg would of been the man to beat..

What is your definition of EARLY????? In Bristol by 8am?????????? or EARLIER????

Just curious... I live 10 miles from Texas Motor Speedway and have learned that it is better to be there early than to sit in traffic.

Wes

Aggiewes, put it this way. I live no more than 45 minutes away from the track, and i'm leaving around 6 in the morning.

slick-nick,

Thanks for the tips! Looking forward to this weekend.

Wes

Back
Top Bottom