BRISTOL Short Track Nationals 2018 Thread!

Speedbowl14

Ryan Preece and short tracks
Info posted- http://www.bristolmotorspeedway.com...asses-now-sale-for-short-track-nationals.html

After being blown away last year I'm already assembling a (bigger) group to go back down this year!

I like that they're not capping off entries (initially) at least. After the cap was set in place last year a lot of teams bailed and they only got 200 cars on-premise instead of 300 as expected (oh darn....). The 3-day schedule helps a lot to. IIRC I didn't get out til 1am last year both days (Sunday was due to weather...but still). I also like one "main event" each night.

Hopefully BMS smooths out some other kinks that arose last year (too many gate opening/closings, 2 tow trucks for the event, sold out of shirts on Friday, minimal concessions).

The only other issue from last year was/still is in the drivers hands- they have to settle down, it's a long race. A couple events were total ****shows (mods) while others (compacts) went off smooth.

...and Ma Nature controls last years only other "issue"...but every lap got completed (just on her terms).

I'd imagine the 100 lap Street Stock race is a mis-type...the entry form says 50 laps. But if Bristol wants to keep their word and make it 100 laps I'm down... :):eek:

Short Track Nationals happen in Little Rock, not Bristol :)

Is the S/F in it's proper spot for once or what is the reason here?

Is the S/F in it's proper spot for once or what is the reason here?
I was told they are seating all spectators on the back side stands. Not sure why. So they moved the start/finish line to that side. Would have confused me had I gone tonight.

I was told they are seating all spectators on the back side stands. Not sure why. So they moved the start/finish line to that side. Would have confused me had I gone tonight.

I get that it's symmetrical of a track, but I've never bothered to care about this if they're messing around with the track.....

Back
Top Bottom