Bubba, Denny and Mike

Blaze

Peace Keeper
I would hope JGR wouldn't screw Denny over like that, since the team has some of his involvement. I won't hold my breath, but just hope it will be different.

Revman

TRD
and JGR takes a hands on throat interest in it’s satellites.

Yeah, we will see what happens now that JGR has a fully funded satellite. I suspect the Chicy Nuggie narrative will go away. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Revman

TRD
I would hope JGR wouldn't screw Denny over like that, since the team has some of his involvement. I won't hold my breath, but just hope it will be different.
You think it will be different given that 23XI is fully funded? Me too.

Revman

TRD
I pray it works out, and I hope Bubba can show some great stuff. Been a fan of his since he first was racing back in the Trucks, and ready to see him get a win.
I think it's going to be good.

aunty dive

Team Owner
Contributor
Meanwhile, out in the back country of Beautiful British Columbia ...

Team Penske

Team Owner
Question: JGR must have known about the new Team with Denny and I am wondering why they didn't move Jones to that team and supply them with car and crew.
Anyone got any ideas about the WHY?
I am wondering if Jones burned some bridges or pissed off the wrong people.

aunty dive

Team Owner
Contributor
Question: JGR must have known about the new Team with Denny and I am wondering why they didn't move Jones to that team and supply them with car and crew.
In this case, Gibbs has nothing to say about driver choice.

The choice the team owners made was the obvious one.

Team Penske

Team Owner
Question: Bell's 2020 cars were returned to JGR and I assume his support team as well. What happened to those jobs?

Revman

TRD

Bubba has sponsors to fund a year. Jones has very little.

Revman

TRD
Question: Bell's 2020 cars were returned to JGR and I assume his support team as well. What happened to those jobs?

Well, Ratcliff went back to Xfinity and Wheeler is with Bubba....I would imagine the rest were re-absorbed into the JGR system somewhere.

Team Penske

Team Owner
Well, Ratcliff went back to Xfinity and Wheeler is with Bubba....I would imagine the rest were re-absorbed into the JGR system somewhere.
Is the 23 team starting from scratch and hiring their own people or will they absorb some of the existing JGR people???

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Is the 23 team starting from scratch and hiring their own people or will they absorb some of the existing JGR people???
If it is like it has been with two of their other attempts, most of the key positions will be JGR re treads and they will buy everything from JGR and make very little by themselves. There are a whole bunch of cars and parts laying around that the bigger teams would love to sell before the new cars come out. The need a Pearn type individual who can rework what they will get IMO.

Old 97

Team Owner
If it is like it has been with two of their other attempts, most of the key positions will be JGR re treads and they will buy everything from JGR and make very little by themselves. There are a whole bunch of cars and parts laying around that the bigger teams would love to sell before the new cars come out. The need a Pearn type individual who can rework what they will get IMO.
By "two of their other attempts" are you lumping this group in with FRR and LFR? I think that would be a mistake.

aunty dive

Team Owner
Contributor
Leavine and Visser couldn't cut the financial mustard.

The ditches are filled with the corpses of failed race car owners just like them.

aunty dive

Team Owner
Contributor
Mike has a superior accounting department.

They'll be fine as associates or otherwise. Hamlin has made Jordan aware that flat-rate crash damage repair is not a thing.

Revman

TRD
I pray it works out, and I hope Bubba can show some great stuff. Been a fan of his since he first was racing back in the Trucks, and ready to see him get a win.

I bought the t-shirt after his first Truck win. Put it away when he left Toyota. Back out now!

Revman

TRD
You don't think they will have to go thru JGR? Good luck with that. They will be an affiliate

To start for sure, but I think the plan is to be independent of JGR....and I think Toyota is onboard with that. Frankly, I think they are tired of the LFR and FRR stories. Launch snark....NOW!

Revman

TRD
Leavine and Visser couldn't cut the financial mustard.

The ditches are filled with the corpses of failed race car owners just like them.

Chicky Nuggie Terms of Use prohibits you from commenting on Leavine and Visser in any way that relieves JGR of 100% accountability. You have unofficially been warned.

Revman

TRD

Class post right here. Really. It's a great story....We have a driver with potential who hasn't had the equipment. Now, he does. Game on. For me....the story I will follow in 2021.....

Team Penske

Team Owner
Class post right here. Really. It's a great story....We have a driver with potential who hasn't had the equipment. Now, he does. Game on. For me....the story I will follow in 2021.....
Bubba should be able gradually move up the ladder as the team gets more experience.
I am looking for top 20 team simple because they will be starting all over in 2022 along with all other teams. I can't see any teams putting out a lot to just run 1 season.

Revman

TRD

While I want him to win a ton....the point is that he is here....and everybody is going to hear him. This kid does not get enough credit for the change he is inspiring. You hear about "generational talent." This is a generational person.

Top Bottom