Bubba, Denny and Mike

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Got two guys at the head of the table that have never ran a Nascar race car team and boom we are in the Cup series. I don't care how much money you throw at it, there is no substitute for experience. The Toyota rent a racer program can only do so much.

cheesepuffs

Smokes, let's go
Sunnyvale Trailer Park, Nova Scotia, Canada
Got two guys at the head of the table that have never ran a Nascar race car team and boom we are in the Cup series. I don't care how much money you throw at it, there is no substitute for experience. The Toyota rent a racer program can only do so much.
I mean, they have Wheels running the shop so it's not like they're operating without any direction.

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
Horrible race, no other way to slice it. He was outright bad from the start.

Like, I expected a little more out of Bubba yesterday after his performance here (Daytona RC) last season. Welcome to the growing pains portion, also he was pissed over the radio and once that happens we know how Bubba gets.

Homestead will be a good test for him and Wheeler, however I do like his feedback he's giving as well, but with more road courses, he has to be more competitive. I remember how awful Denny on road courses was at first, I think he should lean on his experienced owner to get him in the right direction on road courses in the future.

IMHO no pressure, but Bubba has to relax some. I honestly think he piles more pressure on himself than any other fan. It's going to take time, just go and do your thing.
With Daytona being a lottery and Bubba’s current lack of talent for road course racing, the first two weeks had the potential to be disappointing but not unexpected. You are right that with the 5 additional circuits, Bubba needs to dedicate some time to that craft. Especially considering the ride he’s in.

I’m hopeful that he’ll have some competitive results on the upcoming ovals.

Nitro Dude

Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance
For all of the fans that don't like Denny Hamlin I have a feeling he won't be losing any sleep over it. Pretty rich and gets to hangout with MJ. I doubt life could be much better for the dude. :)

Team Penske

Team Owner
For all of the fans that don't like Denny Hamlin I have a feeling he won't be losing any sleep over it. Pretty rich and gets to hangout with MJ. I doubt life could be much better for the dude. :)
Carl Edwards retiring with 60 M could be better off than Denny starting a team with 65M. I think Kenseth had more when he retired.

Nitro Dude

Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance
Carl Edwards retiring with 60 M could be better off than Denny starting a team with 65M. I think Kenseth had more when he retired.
I'm sure they are having a great life also but in this thread I'm more interested in Denny Hamlin. I have to wonder if Denny even has that much invested in the team. My guess is MJ is bringing the largest pot of gold.

MAGICMILER

Where are our seats?
Contributor
I'm sure they are having a great life also but in this thread I'm more interested in Denny Hamlin. I have to wonder if Denny even has that much invested in the team. My guess is MJ is bringing the largest pot of gold.
MJ 's net worth is 1.6 Billion. 60 to 80 million is a big chunk of $ to someone like me, but to MJ, maybe not so much...

Top Bottom