Bubba, Denny and Mike

Nitro Dude

Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance
It's hard for us pee-ons to understand , but sometimes well to do people actually have to make loosing investments to save money...see it every day w/ successful people going in partners in the restaurant business that will close in 2 years..
Yep, that and charities.

JBone88

Those that hate me look just like me
People need to get a grip. JGR/TRD or not, this is a brand new team. There will be performance related growing pains. Especially on the 1.5 milers. It’s no secret Bubba stinks currently on the road courses, he needs to improve there. And with several of them on the schedule now, I’d imagine he’s working his butt off to do so.

The 23 was fast during Speedweeks. Once we get to tracks more in Bubba’s wheel house (Daytona/Talladega, short tracks) I’d expect some good runs.

The Larson thing has nothing to do with Bubba/23XI. The 5 team is a long established team, and Larson is a better driver. I’d have been surprised if they didn’t produce quicker out the gates than the 23 team.

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing with all my heart
People need to get a grip. JGR/TRD or not, this is a brand new team. There will be performance related growing pains. Especially on the 1.5 milers. It’s no secret Bubba stinks currently on the road courses, he needs to improve there. And with several of them on the schedule now, I’d imagine he’s working his butt off to do so.

The 23 was fast during Speedweeks. Once we get to tracks more in Bubba’s wheel house (Daytona/Talladega, short tracks) I’d expect some good runs.

The Larson thing has nothing to do with Bubba/23XI. The 5 team is a long established team, and Larson is a better driver. I’d have been surprised if they didn’t produce quicker out the gates than the 23 team.

The Bubba hate is getting annoying.

JBone88

Those that hate me look just like me
People are acting like he’s Danica. Part of this is likely the ambitious promotion by FOX and 23XI with the DoorDash ads, as well as throwing Bubba up there in the race promos next to Busch, Hamlin and Elliott.

The difference is Bubba can actually drive. He’s not an elite talent by any stretch. But he’s solid. And more than capable of winning at the Cup level. The 23 team will improve over the next few months. And Bubba will showcase his ability at tracks he’s good at. There’s a few coming up shortly.

DaBiff1618

Team Owner
I wanted Bubba to win the duel race so bad. I knew there would be some big growing pains first year with a brand new team. Same thing happened when Toyota entered with Red Bull and MWR, when they were missing the show every other week; then by the 2nd half of the year Vickers led the most laps at the Coke 600 and MWR improved. This might be a long year but I expect much better runs by summertime. Even though one complete race would be nice first. Baby steps

The other thing with Bubba, he’s a polarizing personality and wears his emotions on his sleeve. Guys like that are real love em’ or hate em’. So I don’t think it’s fair to say every single person that doesn’t like him is Calvin Candie.

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
The internet used to know not to feed the trolls. Now they give them a platform. Stop making stupid people famous.

The other thing with Bubba, he’s a polarizing personality and wears his emotions on his sleeve. Guys like that are real love em’ or hate em’. So I don’t think it’s fair to say every single person that doesn’t like him is Calvin Candie.
But it makes for sexy headlines and articles with no substance and gets people riled up. That’s what most media is good for now so it’s no surprise that less and less people understand what the dude is really like and how his team is operating.

Switchback

Team Owner
This site is as far down the social media hole that I go so I feel like I'm missing something. Is Bubba getting a bunch of hate out there in twitter world or reddit?
Personally I'm a little relieved that fox didn't go the route they took with Danica as far as non stop coverage during the race. A microscope is only going to add to the pressure.

Speedbowl14

Ryan Preece and short tracks
Bubba is gonna have the same career as Aric Almirola. Solid mid-tier drivers in really good equipment because they keep sponsors happy. Aric did consistently better in the 43 car than Bubba did by a considerable margin. Bubba earned 9 top 10s in 3 full seasons, Aric got 30 top 10s in 5.75 seasons (missed some races cuz of his back injury).

Neither is gonna set the world on fire.

hmmm298

Crew Chief
Bubba is gonna have the same career as Aric Almirola. Solid mid-tier drivers in really good equipment because they keep sponsors happy. Aric did consistently better in the 43 car than Bubba did by a considerable margin. Bubba earned 9 top 10s in 3 full seasons, Aric got 30 top 10s in 5.75 seasons (missed some races cuz of his back injury).

Neither is gonna set the world on fire.
That's why while I've never bought into him as really being that good like so many seem to have, I am very interested to see how Eric Jones for example compares in the 43. He's obviously not going to go out and win a bunch of races.
But even looking back to when Dale Earnhardt started, etc, the best drivers could always get the most out of their equipment regardless of the competition, even if that didn't necessarily mean setting the world on fire but rather being consistent and taking care of their equipment while sometimes outperforming expectations etc.

Nitro Dude

Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance
Bubba is the kind of guy that would be fun to hangout with. He has that cool factor and he is also funny and can make you laugh and enjoy listening to him. Obviously MJ is that way also so it would probably be pretty awesome sitting in a restaurant or sports bar after a race and listening to those two...especially if they had just won their first race.

Revman

TRD
Bristol, Martinsville, Michigan, Richmond, Pheonix, Daytona II, or Talledega will be his best chances. Texas has also been good to him and Kansas.

Also, he has previous expereince at Road America. He was always quick there in Xfinity.

Still needs to improve on intermediates, he's still a bit inconsistent at times on them. I just want to see the team improve and crack the top 15 consistently.
Perfect post. He will get there. I love the guy and this team.

Hawaii808

Team Owner
If you watch the whole of this, Bubba is asked about what caused him to leave the #43 (BTW Bubba speaks very highly of the King). He begins to explain in VERY vague terms that when read between the lines could mean...Denny was looking to buy into RPM. Part of that being a switch to TRD. And the key involvement of a (new?) sponsor. That couldn't work out, that's when MJ & Denny talked about the rumors and MJ said let's do it (create 23XI). Bubba also mentions in passing that another offer was in play for him. Good long form interview. Also showed how ill informed even professional athletes are on NASCAR (a minute is a fast pit stop, right? BW: Nope that's 11 seconds).

DRS3

Team Owner
A second 23XI team and then maybe a new Toyota team with an alliance*
*Wild ass speculation from me says that would be RPM.
I wonder if Richard Petty would even go to the yotas, he can be hard headed

wi_racefan

Team Owner
I don't think he can bring enough money to be part of that "family"

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Revman

TRD
Nice convo about whether or not drivers care about OEM's....Do you think owners feel differently? I hope so.

DRS3

Team Owner
Nice convo about whether or not drivers care about OEM's....Do you think owners feel differently? I hope so.
I don't think Rick Hendrick or Childress would leave chevy for any amount of money, JMO. R Petty told the dodge boys to forget it and went to ford and got a deal back in the day. I just think that he doesn't really care for Toyota too much. again, JMO.

2 Sweet

Legend
I might be remembering wrong, but isn't JTG Daugherty in the last year of their Chevrolet deal? I recall hearing some speculation of them switching back to Toyota

jaqua19

Team Owner
I don't think Rick Hendrick or Childress would leave chevy for any amount of money, JMO. R Petty told the dodge boys to forget it and went to ford and got a deal back in the day. I just think that he doesn't really care for Toyota too much. again, JMO.
I think you have a better chance of our buddy Rev abandoning Toyota than Rick abandoning Chevy.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom