Bubba, Denny and Mike

DIDIT

Old School Fan
Winter Stuart, FL. Otherwise could be anywhere
They have a ways to go before expanding to another car. Bubba has no top 15s and an average finish over 20th. It is going to be interesting watching this team as the grind of the schedule kicks in during the late summer months. It is not unusual to see the lower tier teams really struggle leading up to the playoffs. If they can have some good runs during this stage of the season, I would be more optimistic for a second team.

DaBiff1618

Team Owner
Even though somehow he’s 20th in points Bubba has had an awful season so far. A lot of it isn’t his fault, but nothing i’m seeing from this team screams must expand to 3 cars next season. Maybe get the 23 running well first

Kiante

Team Owner
Richmond was terrible for them, this is by far their worst performance so far.

Bubba got to the point where he was snapping back at Wheels a bit. Almost like Wheeler did the opposite of what he was asking for at times.

Bubba's frustrated because he wants to prove he's worth the investment. No pressure, just keep pressing. A top 10 would do the team some good for their confidence because man it seemed like no one had an answer yesterday. Everyone was upset yesterday.

It reminds me when Wheeler was the CC for Matt D, a slow start, but by mid-season they were competitive. Keep pressing on, but Wheeler and Bubba both need to be on the same page.

cheesepuffs

Smokes, let's go
Sunnyvale Trailer Park, Nova Scotia, Canada
They had decent speed at Daytona. Could be interesting.
It's hilarious to me how this is the same conversation we're having as when he was in the 43. Now he's in an almost-JGR car and the talk is *still* "it's a superspeedway this weekend so he might have a chance". That is not a good sign.

Kiante

Team Owner
It's hilarious to me how this is the same conversation we're having as when he was in the 43. Now he's in an almost-JGR car and the talk is *still* "it's a superspeedway this weekend so he might have a chance". That is not a good sign.
Meh, the team has speed its just finishing races.

Bubba should have four top 10s already, just things didn't pan out at the end.

That's literally it, finishing races and communication. It's too early to be concerned, now 20-22 races in with the same issue, then yes its time to be concerned.

cheesepuffs

Smokes, let's go
Sunnyvale Trailer Park, Nova Scotia, Canada

That's literally it, finishing races and communication. It's too early to be concerned, now 20-22 races in with the same issue, then yes its time to be concerned.
If they're still having these problems 20-22 races in then they're going to miss the playoffs by a hefty margin. That's too late, they need to turn it around now. He's 20th in the standings almost a full race worth of points behind 16th, and they don't appear to be in position to win their way in unless he gets lucky this weekend or at Daytona but that can't be counted on.

Nitro Dude

Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance
nah they will have to knock the product.
I like Dr Pepper as long as it is full of around 40 grams of sweet delicious sugar...but I love an ice cold sweet glass of :dpepsi:That being said, I hope the 23x team can give Dr Pepper a win.

Nitro Dude

I agree. Like I have said in a few threads on here I think the 23x team is real close to getting their first win...and I hope MJ is there when it happens and I hope I'm tuned in to watch it happen.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Its amusing watching people trip all over themselves defending the snub, Kyle Busch would be buried but dont you dare criticize Bubba. Sorry folks, he isnt immune.
Nascar/TV didn't have to make a rule for Wallace to speak to the media like they had to do for KDB..apples and oranges

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
I agree. Like I have said in a few threads on here I think the 23x team is real close to getting their first win...and I hope MJ is there when it happens and I hope I'm tuned in to watch it happen.
Personally, I don’t think they are close to sniffing a win on performance rather than strategy. I think they have the speed to grab some top 10s and once finishing those races is figured out, they can push for top 5s and compete for wins. The window is closing, they better learn in a hurry.

Nitro Dude

Personally, I don’t think they are close to sniffing a win on performance rather than strategy. I think they have the speed to grab some top 10s and once finishing those races is figured out, they can push for top 5s and compete for wins. The window is closing, they better learn in a hurry.
If it does happen I hope I'm tuned in to watch it.

Team Penske

Team Owner
Silk purse.....................................................cows ear.

DIDIT

Old School Fan
Winter Stuart, FL. Otherwise could be anywhere
I heard Bubba passed on another TV interview Sunday. Apparently he is becoming quite a polarizing driver. Unlike KDB, who claims the boos don't bother him, I think Bubba has to be struggling with finding the right balance of his driving skills and the figure NASCAR and others want to portray.
Screenshot_20210523-222912_Chrome.jpg

Dr_B_UNC

Team Owner

LJ7201

A veteran like Kurt who has the personality to take a guy like Bubba under his wing a bit would be huge. Even if he didn't help Bubba personally, the feedback he could give on the cars/progam would be immeasurable.
The Kurt Phoenix Racing Sonoma setup story still blows my mind. Kurt knows his stuff

wi_racefan

Team Owner
I guess I dont understand why everyone keeps saying that Kurt would be so valuable for evaluating 23XI equipment next year. Everyone will have the same equipment and I'm not sure what he's going to do that Kyle, Denny and MTJ wouldn't already be providing.

Yeah I think Kurt is a heck of a talent and would likely run very well in that equipment. But to me kurt seems like the short term solution. If 23XI has the money and sponsorship they claim to have they dont need the Monster money. Why would you not start a team with this second car with someone that you'll have more than a couple years with?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
I guess I dont understand why everyone keeps saying that Kurt would be so valuable for evaluating 23XI equipment next year. Everyone will have the same equipment and I'm not sure what he's going to do that Kyle, Denny and MTJ wouldn't already be providing.

Yeah I think Kurt is a heck of a talent and would likely run very well in that equipment. But to me kurt seems like the short term solution. If 23XI has the money and sponsorship they claim to have they dont need the Monster money. Why would you not start a team with this second car with someone that you'll have more than a couple years with?

Probably because Kyle, Denny and MTJ could give a damn if Bubba succeeds or not. They aren't teammates...they are competition

wi_racefan

Team Owner
Probably because Kyle, Denny and MTJ could give a damn if Bubba succeeds or not. They aren't teammates...they are competition
Funny! Well Denny owns part of the team so I would think he'd want it to succeed. Other than that I don't care what they claim 23XI is a JGR satellite team, they're in meetings and share all technical data. I'm pretty sure TRD also makes sure they all have access to the data

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
A veteran like Kurt who has the personality to take a guy like Bubba under his wing a bit would be huge. Even if he didn't help Bubba personally, the feedback he could give on the cars/progam would be immeasurable.
I like Bubba, and have always rooted for him to succeed. I agree with everything you said. Although his results so far this season are super underwhelming. I have no confidence that he’ll will this season, much less get away from driving mid pack. Maybe they’ll get turned around next season with Kurt’s input and a new car. The last thing I want for Bubba is to be a cash cow wheel holder.

wi_racefan

Team Owner
I like Bubba, and have always rooted for him to succeed. I agree with everything you said. Although his results so far this season are super underwhelming. I have no confidence that he’ll will this season, much less get away from driving mid pack. Maybe they’ll get turned around next season with Kurt’s input and a new car. The last thing I want for Bubba is to be a cash cow wheel holder.
I think Bubba will have a legitimate chance at Daytona. He's not bad there and being the only TRD driver out of the playoffs he might get a little extra help to stay near the front

Top Bottom