Bubba, Denny and Mike

hmmm298

Crew Chief
I think Bubba will have a legitimate chance at Daytona. He's not bad there and being the only TRD driver out of the playoffs he might get a little extra help to stay near the front

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Hell, Cody Ware has a chance at Daytona. :XXROFL::XXROFL: :sarcasm: :lurk:

Nitro Dude

Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance
I guess I dont understand why everyone keeps saying that Kurt would be so valuable for evaluating 23XI equipment next year. Everyone will have the same equipment and I'm not sure what he's going to do that Kyle, Denny and MTJ wouldn't already be providing.

Yeah I think Kurt is a heck of a talent and would likely run very well in that equipment. But to me kurt seems like the short term solution. If 23XI has the money and sponsorship they claim to have they dont need the Monster money. Why would you not start a team with this second car with someone that you'll have more than a couple years with?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Because a driver with the experience that Kurt will bring to the table will go a long way in trying to figure out the new car. A younger driver with little experience would probably not help as much. But after Kurt helps them figure everything out and then decides to retire it will be much easier to be competitive with a less experienced driver imo.

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
Because a driver with the experience that Kurt will bring to the table will go a long way in trying to figure out the new car. A younger driver with little experience would probably not help as much. But after Kurt helps them figure everything out and then decides to retire it will be much easier to be competitive with a less experienced driver imo.
I keep hearing this about Kurt Busch.

Meanwhile, Denny Hamlin owns the team.

What is Kurt going to bring that Denny isn’t already?

Team Penske

Team Owner

I doubt under any conditions is Hamlin able to test drive the car.
He may be able to give advice and make recommendations but only that.
If he wants to do more, then he would have to give up the over 11 million he makes working for JGR.

Kiante

Team Owner
It's been an up and down season for 23XI, however I like Bubba's consistency throughout the season.

They started off slow, but outside of New Hampshire they have been on a nice roll with all of the top 15 finishes. Let's see if they can squeeze themselves into the playoffs, but I think they are running about where they should be right now.

21st in points right now, let's see if they continue to keep up the consistency. Bubba's development has been solid to be honest, but having an experienced driver in the mix might help him more.

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
I doubt under any conditions is Hamlin able to test drive the car.
He may be able to give advice and make recommendations but only that.
If he wants to do more, then he would have to give up the over 11 million he makes working for JGR.
What? Is he not driving virtually the same car? Advising on set ups and techniques that have worked for him to make his team the best it can be? I know on the track he is competing with his own team, but I can’t see any team owner holding good information back from their own team.

Turtle84

underglow
guessing the amount of direct hands on involvement Kurt would have throughout the course of a season would be vastly more input/direction than the limited time Hamlin has to assist from the outside looking in weekly, believe Denny has stated his first priority is driving for the 11 team first, owner second.

Nitro Dude

As said already more then once...Denny drives for another team so he has to concentrate on that team. That doesn't mean he won't be able to give some input... but having Kurt their fulltime and giving his full attention to just that team will be better imo. But any input that Denny can give will obviously help too. I really don't understand why this is so confusing to some here. But it obviously is because the same question keeps getting asked over and over.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Then it truly become a 5th JGR vehicle.
Some people believe it to be so, but what is the difference between them and Barney in that respect. I don't think Toyota picked the driver or Jordan. They came with money and they have to pay to play just like any other affiliate. People want to make it a JGR 5th vehicle and Preacher isn't going to let anybody think different unless there is a shortage in the payment.

Team Penske

Team Owner
Some people believe it to be so, but what is the difference between them and Barney in that respect. I don't think Toyota picked the driver or Jordan. They came with money and they have to pay to play just like any other affiliate. People want to make it a JGR 5th vehicle and Preacher isn't going to let anybody think different unless there is a shortage in the payment.
The only problem is Denny driving for one team and being an owner of another.
Goes back to Dale owning DEI and driving for RCR. The Barney situation was not the same in that he never drove any race cars, he was an owner ONLY.
DEI prepared their own cars in their own shop. All the affiliates today pretty well rent the cars from the race team who manufactures them. Teams like RPR (RCR)and Wood Bros. (Penske) are simply accounting affiliates. 23X1 are in the same boat (JGR)

aunty dive

Team Owner
Contributor
Do any newer / smaller teams have business to business relationships with HMS or RCR?

Kiante

Team Owner
Do any newer / smaller teams have business to business relationships with HMS or RCR?
Trackhouse is operating out of RCR. Trackhouse has RCR build their cars for them.

Kaulig operates out of RCR and a technical alliance.

Live Fast has a "technical alliance" with SHR.

23XI for now is using Germain Racing's old shop on RCR's campus as well.

aunty dive

Team Owner
Contributor
Trackhouse is operating out of RCR. Trackhouse has RCR build their cars for them.

Kaulig operates out of RCR and a technical alliance.

Live Fast has a "technical alliance" with SHR.

23XI for now is using Germain Racing's old shop on RCR's campus as well.
Thanks.

So ... hypocrisy?

Kiante

Team Owner
Thanks.

So ... hypocrisy?
More of an issue the hype machine.

Denny has been happy with his driver's performance and so has MJ. Bubba has a lot of growing to do, however he is point standing wise is ahead of the new teams due to his solid consistency throughout the year.

I think he's doing fine, I would like to see more in terms of top 10s, but I think he's doing well.

Turtle84

underglow
Win #1 in Season #1, Loved the pumped up Celeberation, Mission Accomplished at Talladega, Keep Going! Get More.

Nitro Dude

Win #1 in Season #1, Loved the pumped up Celeberation, Mission Accomplished at Talladega, Keep Going! Get More.

I like that 23X hoodie that Denny is wearing and it is awesome to see their first win. Between Bubba and Kurt, hopefully there will be many more on the horizon for Michael Jordan's racing teams.

wi_racefan

Team Owner
He won a rain shortened race, yes it is a win, but, it will be enteresting to see how long it takes them to run up front all day and straight up win a full race.
That's where I am I guess. To me winning a super speedway race, let alone a rain shortened, one is different than going up there and taking a win. I put Austin Dillion in this same category, yeah he won some races but not because he was faster. They were either super speedways or on strategy calls.

But Bubba does have one more cup win than a lot of other guys ever will.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

aunty dive

Team Owner
Contributor
“He won but his team’s fuel strategy was better than everyone else’s”

LJ7201

Why do poorly-informed people continuously minimize the efforts of these guys?

From the couch.
I think part of it is because very few racing fans have actually raced.

Compare that to other sports where many fans have actually played those sports and got their tails beat by guys who won't even play that sport meaningfully past high school. Actually trying to be good at things is very humbling. I haven't raced myself but playing other sports really drilled it in to my head that guys that play (and race) on TV are very very good at what they do.

aunty dive

Team Owner
Contributor
I think part of it is because very few racing fans have actually raced.

Compare that to other sports where many fans have actually played those sports and got their tails beat by guys who won't even play that sport meaningfully past high school. Actually trying to be good at things is very humbling. I haven't raced myself but playing other sports really drilled it in to my head that guys that play (and race) on TV are very very good at what they do.
Nailed it.

Thank you. 😎

Blaze

Merry Offseason and Happy Christmas
I mean he went from 16th-17th to 1st.

He earned that and held some charging Penskes off.

A check is a check and the trophy is still given out.
One of the biggest parts to me right here. Rain was said to be coming, and he did what he has to do to go from the back to the front in a few laps. Made the right moves, worked with the right people, got out front, stayed there. Rain came and that’s all she wrote. Everyone else had the same chance to do the same thing

Kiante

Team Owner
I honestly don't care how a race is won
One of the biggest parts to me right here. Rain was said to be coming, and he did what he has to do to go from the back to the front in a few laps. Made the right moves, worked with the right people, got out front, stayed there. Rain came and that’s all she wrote. Everyone else had the same chance to do the same thing
Exactly.

He just didn't stay out up front like what happened to Haley a few years ago, Bubba earned this. He was told to save fuel and then push like hell, Bootie and company just got the strategy right and held off some strong cars. That was a hard fought win until the rain came, even Logano talked about himself winning his first race due to a rain out. It's happened to a lot of drivers in the series, its nothing new IMHO.

Nitro Dude

I honestly don't care how a race is won

Exactly.

He just didn't stay out up front like what happened to Haley a few years ago, Bubba earned this. He was told to save fuel and then push like hell, Bootie and company just got the strategy right and held off some strong cars. That was a hard fought win until the rain came, even Logano talked about himself winning his first race due to a rain out. It's happened to a lot of drivers in the series, its nothing new IMHO.
The same thing happened to Danica Patrick in Indy car. Haters will look for any excuse to discredit a driver if that is their agenda. They both earned it and they both should get the same respect that any other driver would get if they had won.

Kiante

Team Owner
The same thing happened to Danica Patrick in Indy car. Haters will look for any excuse to discredit a driver if that is their agenda. They both earned it and they both should get the same respect that any other driver would get if they had won.
I stayed up and watched that race, too.

Danica earned every bit of her career, especially in Europe. She may not have won tons of development ladder championships, but she was more than competitive in what she drove at any level.

That's better than many who race today tbh. To change disciplines like she did and be competitive is something the likes of a Dario Franchitti, Patrick Carpentier, Jacques Villeneuve or other champions who came over did not have the results of Patrick at the top three level of NASCAR.

Blaze

Merry Offseason and Happy Christmas
This one is the one I laugh at the most. You hear. “Well a lot of drivers were in Long Beach.” Yeah, people who was coming over from CHAMP CAR. She beat the people she had been racing for years at that point. Same people she would’ve been racing had the merge with Champ Car not been taking place.

Revman

You can't handle the truth!
The then President of the Free World took time to mean tweet this man. He didn't flinch. How many 27 year olds have those balls? Bubba is a remarkable human being. Fifty years from now people will be talking about the role he played in helping NASCAR to get its racist head out of its ass.

Top Bottom