Bubba, Denny and Mike

CamelPowered

Jimmy Spencer Never Forgets!
'Nique was all about power, his dunks was fierce. Jordan had a bit more finesse to his dunks. Neither is a wrong answer IMO.
I used to have those old dunk contests on vhs. They were great fun.

Spud Webb was entertaining too, but I've always been jealous that a guy shorter than me could dunk like that lol

Zerkfitting

Team Owner
Is this a new team starting from scratch or did they purchase another team's assets? I assume they have some kind of arrangement with an established team to be competitive out of the box. I was hoping Bubba would get a ride from one of the top tier teams. Either way, a new team in NASCAR is a good thing.

harkin

SoCal Race Fan
Good news for the sport. Good news for Bubba. Good news for Denny too. I hope the team is ULTRA successful.
Totally agree - new teams are good as long as they don’t clog up the tracks.

Im assuming Michael, Denny & Bubba are too proud for that, regardless it being year one.

Good luck Bubba!

sdj

Just a race fan
You're the one that "does not care one little bit about "Jordon", Denny or Bubba yet you opened the post. Strange.
Spin it any way you want, but, you posted Ross in the thread and I responded to it. As I stated before Ross is the big news to me, not Bubber.

Just a thought, but poor Ross Chastain never gets to have his day in the sun with out getting overshadowed

harkin

SoCal Race Fan
He wont lose a dime. He will be spending other peoples money so you are correct
Totally agree. He’s once again renting his name and getting a piece of the action, which I have no problem with.

I’m not saying he wasn’t part of getting this together, I haven’t read up on it. This is based on his past ventures.

Hopefully he’ll be involved more than as a brand. Success - if it happened - would be huge and there’s a large, mostly-untapped demo out there.

Spotter22

Team Owner
Spin it any way you want, but, you posted Ross in the thread and I responded to it. As I stated before Ross is the big news to me, not Bubber.
So me posting Ross's name brought out the blood hound in you enough to open a post about people you dont care anything about and I'm spinning??? oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooook

Kiante

Team Owner
Can we just be happy for both of them?

Both of them will be fantastic to see in competitive equipment for once on the Cup side. Like I have spend more money on Chastain and new Bubba merch next season, its exciting more than anything else.

@Nitro Dude I have a feeling Baxter will move over with Bubba after the season is over.

jws926

I need to think of something new for here
I mean this is pretty cool, looking forward to seeing how Bubba is gonna do in JGR equipment.

LewTheShoe

Team Owner
This article gave a good recap of MJ's motorcycle race team venture.
Considering the source - written by the Features Editor of a sneaker-centric lifestyle website - that article is way better than I expected it to be. MJ's superbike racing team was always a vanity project... always. But it stuck around a lot longer than anyone thought it would, and progressed slowly from abject naivety toward becoming a serious privateer competitor.

MJ always had the same complaint... that a privateer competing against full bore factory teams had no shot to win. Remember, this was the heyday of the motorcycle boom. Regardless of budget, a privateer could not buy the factory technology or the special one-off parts the factory teams had. And without the very best equipment, privateers were unable to attract and retain the very best riders. Privateers weren't supposed to win.

There is little doubt in my mind that Nascar today is a more hospitable competitive environment than superbike was back then. In their startup year, MJ/DH and Bubba will have used Gibbs cars similar to what Leavine's #95 is running now. Not the very best cars but pretty close to the best. And for their second year, 2022, all teams will have Next Gen cars... spec chassis, spec bodies, spec everything hardware. In theory, Next Gen racing will be down to drivers, team execution, and setup savvy.

jaqua19

Team Owner
Top 10s by year for the 43

Almirola-
2012- 4
2013- 6
2014- 7
2015-6
2016- 1
2017-6 (in only 29 races due to injury)

Wallace-
2018- 3
2019- 1
2020- 5

They're close to each other in talent. IMO, Aric drove the 43 better. Not by a landslide I will admit. Unless Bubba can rack up 3 top tens these final few races it's gonna be pretty undisputable...
They were fairly equal in points though weren't they?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

CopeMan

Jackman
Totally agree - new teams are good as long as they don’t clog up the tracks.

Im assuming Michael, Denny & Bubba are too proud for that, regardless it being year one.

Good luck Bubba!
I don't think they will be "clogging" up the track. I don't expect them to run any better than Bubba ran this year. He'll be communicating with a new crew chief and team. Kinks will need to be worked out in all sorts of ways. I expect the team will improve all season with set backs. Time will tell.

JGR_20

Rusty Wallace forever/Christopher Bell right now
Top 10s by year for the 43

Almirola-
2012- 4
2013- 6
2014- 7
2015-6
2016- 1
2017-6 (in only 29 races due to injury)

Wallace-
2018- 3
2019- 1
2020- 5

They're close to each other in talent. IMO, Aric drove the 43 better. Not by a landslide I will admit. Unless Bubba can rack up 3 top tens these final few races it's gonna be pretty undisputable...
Im glad you posted this...

today I was listening to the new door bumper clear podcast and Bowyers spotter was talking about how much more results bubba has gotten than anyone else since bobby Hamilton... I had a feeling that Aric is the one who he was probably thinking of...

not to mention putting the 43 in the winners circle.

Kiante

Team Owner
Im glad you posted this...

today I was listening to the new door bumper clear podcast and Bowyers spotter was talking about how much more results bubba has gotten than anyone else since bobby Hamilton... I had a feeling that Aric is the one who he was probably thinking of...

not to mention putting the 43 in the winners circle.
Aric had a Roush supported team with a lot of Smithfield money. That team was actually pretty solid for the most part and Aric certainly proved his worth, no doubt. Seeing him in victory lane was awesome that 2014 season after he botched his chance at Kansas two years prior to win a race.

However this current team sold their shop, moved into RCR, was on the verge of closing up shop for good last year.

For what it's worth both have done extremely great jobs for what they had, but the team then and the team now are two completely different animals.

JGR_20

Rusty Wallace forever/Christopher Bell right now
Aric had a Roush supported team with a lot of Smithfield money. That team was actually pretty solid for the most part and Aric certainly proved his worth, no doubt. Seeing him in victory lane was awesome that 2014 season after he botched his chance at Kansas two years prior to win a race.

However this current team sold their shop, moved into RCR, was on the verge of closing up shop for good last year.

For what it's worth both have done extremely great jobs for what they had, but the team then and the team now are two completely different animals.
I do think there’s an argument for either side tbh. Roush support really didn’t mean too much in a lot of folks eyes in the last 7 or 8 years, as many have looked at them as a “shell of their formers selves”...

RCR has slowly been turning a corner recently, so there’s that too.

honestly it’s however someone wants to look at it...

my point was really highlighting a person who on a podcast ‘threw it down‘ that Bubba has shown the best runs the 43 has seen since Bobby Hamiltons 90s run... which shows what that guys ‘hot takes’ can be worth.

it was a poor comparison he made.

atleast bubba will get to show us all what he can really do now. There shouldn’t be too many excuses starting next season

StandOnIt

Farm Truck

Almirola's Daytona one win was a fluke. They stayed out and the race was called because of rain.

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing with all my heart
my point was really highlighting a person who on a podcast ‘threw it down‘ that Bubba has shown the best runs the 43 has seen since Bobby Hamiltons 90s run... which shows what that guys ‘hot takes’ can be worth.
They keep forgetting John Andretti had a couple of good seasons in that car too before they sucked.

Turtle84

underglow
Lets get one thing straight, no one is leaving Richard Petty. His name is on the door but not on the cheques. It isn't his team, he sold that.
hmm no one is saying that?

I posted pic because I believe MJ to be a true fan of the sport, which makes for a good owner. Not because I think something bad about RPM or the King.

ToyYoda

Team Owner

kyle18fan

Proud member of Rowdy Nation
Contributor
Gosh, somebody whined about my perfectly reasonable post and it got deleted. Imagine that !! A perfectly reasonable question triggered some supposed adults :lol2:

Reactions: sdj
Top Bottom