Bubba, Denny and Mike

Revman

TRD
Despite what Nascar says or allows, I'll call it the 5th Gibbs car less confusion that way

Good news. NASCAR doesn't care what you think. JGR doesn't care what you think. MJ doesn't care what you think. Denny doesn't care what you think. I don't care what you think. Who does? Oh, I know....ALOU!

Team Penske

Team Owner
Roger Penske is a businessman, iconic track/series owner car owner in multiple racing series and the other one used to shoot baskets and is partners with a lifetime race car driver. I don't see anything close. :idunno: Despite what Nascar says or allows, I'll call it the 5th Gibbs car less confusion that way
I was referring to the title Billionaire.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Good news. NASCAR doesn't care what you think. JGR doesn't care what you think. MJ doesn't care what you think. Denny doesn't care what you think. I don't care what you think. Who does? Oh, I know....ALOU!
you apparently do though :biggrin:

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Here ya go Revman. I don't know if you have been following the manufacturers championship like you usually do.

Ford:

Chevy:
Xfinity Series - 2 Drivers in the Championship 4, 10 combined race Wins, Leading Manufacturer Standings

Truck Series - 3 Drivers in the Championship 4, 7 combined race Wins, Leading Manufacturer Standings

Revman

TRD
Here ya go Revman. I don't know if you have been following the manufacturers championship like you usually do.

Ford:

Chevy:
Xfinity Series - 2 Drivers in the Championship 4, 10 combined race Wins, Leading Manufacturer Standings

Truck Series - 3 Drivers in the Championship 4, 7 combined race Wins, Leading Manufacturer Standings

Oh, I follow the Manufacturers Championships obsessively.....We got our asses kicked. Period. That's what next years are for! I missed your post last year on this topic, but I will let it go. BTW....WTF does a Manufacturers Championship even mean in the Truck Series anymore? Not much, but that is the idea behind spec isn't it? You should also point out that WE have no drivers competing for the Truck or Xfinity Championship. Denny is OUR only shot. It's been a hell of a year.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Oh, I follow the Manufacturers Championships obsessively.....We got our asses kicked. Period. That's what next years are for! I missed your post last year on this topic, but I will let it go. BTW....WTF does a Manufacturers Championship even mean in the Truck Series anymore? Not much, but that is the idea behind spec isn't it? You should also point out that WE have no drivers competing for the Truck or Xfinity Championship. Denny is OUR only shot. It's been a hell of a year.
Probably won't be a good idea to rail on Jones next year. A lot of us remember the gift he gave Hamlin.

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna

Revman

TRD
Probably won't be a good idea to rail on Jones next year. A lot of us remember the gift he gave Hamlin.

And just like that Erik Jones becomes the favorite son of ALOU. Pass the Nuggies please. BB-cue sauce too.

Revman

TRD
Don't pass the 11

Proud that he didn't. Great kid. You don't watch very closely. Phoenix....2019....Adam to Kyle on last restart...."The 11 has to win so keep that in mind." Even when the drama queens look for this crap, sometimes they miss stuff. Nobody cares really....but ALOU.....

Revman

TRD
Back to topic after the Nugget Hijacking.....Love this 23 team--especially with Wheels. Gonna be fun.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Proud that he didn't. Great kid. You don't watch very closely. Phoenix....2019....Adam to Kyle on last restart...."The 11 has to win so keep that in mind." Even when the drama queens look for this crap, sometimes they miss stuff. Nobody cares really....but ALOU.....
Cheatin Yotas..they come by their name honest. :idunno: Problem is they aren't that good at it. Bondoless at Phoenix and Denny doesn't have his blade

Revman

TRD
Cheatin Yotas..they come by their name honest. :idunno: Problem is they aren't that good at it. Bondoless at Phoenix and Denny doesn't have his blade

Your usual balanced assessment. Those Fords won 18 honestly I am guessing. Right?

Team Penske

Team Owner
Your usual balanced assessment. Those Fords won 18 honestly I am guessing. Right?
No the Toyota and HMS just outright failed this year. Or in your opinion did Kyle just take the year off?

Revman

TRD
No the Toyota and HMS just outright failed this year. Or in your opinion did Kyle just take the year off?

Oh, WE got our asses kicked. No doubt.....but in the eyes of ALOU, if WE aren't failing, WE are cheating....and that is just stupid....and the year isn't completely lost just yet.....

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Oh, WE got our asses kicked. No doubt.....but in the eyes of ALOU, if WE aren't failing, WE are cheating....and that is just stupid....and the year isn't completely lost just yet.....
It not that at all. ALOU know the Yotas are cheating..their problem is they are bad at it. No Pearn Truex almost lived at the back of the field this year. Couldn't get the hang of the Optical Scanner..and one bust that affected them all was their 1.5's cheat em up package ...The Mondo with Bondo creation. So after that bust, it was time to go to the rear and work on the spoiler for points taken away and run off the crew chief...despite all that with this Jerry Springer playoff system, it took Truex's pit crew to take him completely out of the race, and mr 10.000 races Hamlin's bunch put the lefts on the right or something stupid and almost blew it for a game 7 moment and Don't pass him Jones had to save his ass. All in all I hope you could hear my laughing my ass off every time KDB hit the wall this year, I don't think it could have been more entertaining watching the Toyota comedy of errors show this year. ALOU enjoyed the hell out of it.

Reactions: sdj

Revman

TRD
It not that at all. ALOU know the Yotas are cheating..their problem is they are bad at it. No Pearn Truex almost lived at the back of the field this year. Couldn't get the hang of the Optical Scanner..and one bust that affected them all was their 1.5's cheat em up package ...The Mondo with Bondo creation. So after that bust, it was time to go to the rear and work on the spoiler for points taken away and run off the crew chief...despite all that with this Jerry Springer playoff system, it took Truex's pit crew to take him completely out of the race, and mr 10.000 races Hamlin's bunch put the lefts on the right or something stupid and almost blew it for a game 7 moment and Don't pass him Jones had to save his ass. All in all I hope you could hear my laughing my ass off every time KDB hit the wall this year, I don't think it could have been more entertaining watching the Toyota comedy of errors show this year. ALOU enjoyed the hell out of it.

I will keep it short. ALOU doesn't know ****. You are biased as hell. I get it. You hate Toyota. Keep the BS to the banter level, and actually I enjoy it. When ALOU goes to the place where the BS is framed as statements of fact, that is when this is just stupid. Yeah, I heard you laughing....kind of missed it because you were so quiet last year. You have no idea how much satisfaction I have in the reality that a nine win season with one guy in is seen as absolute failure. I was here when I was celebrating when MY Toyotas just made the field. THAT my friend is what a fan truly is. Enjoy all of this while it lasts. Let's have some good races.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
I will keep it short. ALOU doesn't know ****. You are biased as hell. I get it. You hate Toyota. Keep the BS to the banter level, and actually I enjoy it. When ALOU goes to the place where the BS is framed as statements of fact, that is when this is just stupid. Yeah, I heard you laughing....kind of missed it because you were so quiet last year. You have no idea how much satisfaction I have in the reality that a nine win season with one guy in is seen as absolute failure. I was here when I was celebrating when MY Toyotas just made the field. THAT my friend is what a fan truly is. Enjoy all of this while it lasts. Let's have some good races.
Nah bud I don't hate ALL Toyotas. Jones and now Bell (from my neck of the woods) I like just fine..

Truex_rox

19 looks better than ever.
Truex lived at the back of the field? Are you watching 2014 reruns? I know Harvick taking that L was rough, but good grief man. Lol.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Truex lived at the back of the field? Are you watching 2014 reruns? I know Harvick taking that L was rough, but good grief man. Lol.

Truex was the most penalized team in any of the top 4 teams. Last time I looked they sent them to the back of the field when they get penalized or fail inspections..and sometimes when they cut them a break they only send the crew chief to the house and take 20 driver and 20 owner points away for cheating with the spoiler.

Revman

TRD
Truex was the most penalized team in any of the top 4 teams. Last time I looked they sent them to the back of the field when they get penalized or fail inspections..and sometimes when they cut them a break they only send the crew chief to the house and take 20 driver and 20 owner points away for cheating with the spoiler.

Yet, you scoff when I suggest that they have their own culture.

Revman

TRD
They are all family? It this a multiple choice question? If it is I'll take "He's family" for 800

The 19 team still has the ghost of Pearn who is no friend to JGR IMO....they go their own way IMO.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
The 19 team still has the ghost of Pearn who is no friend to JGR IMO....they go their own way IMO.
Oh they have a hell of a lot more ghosts than that. I wouldn't even go there. They have a trail of skeletons a mile long :laugh:

2 Sweet

Legend
The Blount Report by Terry Blount....Page 201....

Interesting "source" considering it's just an opinion piece from an author with no inside info. The author himself even states this in the book. But since you brought it up, let's discuss the statement you're referring to......

"The organization (JGR) was criticized for leaving Chevrolet to become a Toyota team, with people wondering whether or not the team could continue to contend. It was a brilliant move that made JGR Toyota's top team instead of Chevy's third or fourth team. Gibbs knew that people win races, not manufacturers, and he had the right people in place to win immediately with Toyota."

That sounds quite different than your claim that Joe Gibbs supposedly "came willingly to Toyota because he got tired of the Hendrick preference with Chevy". You like to paint this picture that poor neglected Joe was only getting the scraps from GM, so he went and sought out Toyota in order to achieve the performance he desired. Never mind the fact that JGR won the title with Chevrolet in '05 and came very close again in '06. Never mind the fact that Gibbs himself knew he could win with ANY manufacturer. Never mind the fact that Toyota was desperate to throw a ton of money at an established powerhouse team to be their flagship, and JGR's contract with GM was set to expire. Thus, the marriage between JGR and Toyota made sense for both parties.

The bottom line is that Joe Gibbs switched to Toyota for one reason: money. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but don't try to rewrite history to fit your bogus narrative.

Revman

TRD
Interesting "source" considering it's just an opinion piece from an author with no inside info. The author himself even states this in the book. But since you brought it up, let's discuss the statement you're referring to......

"The organization (JGR) was criticized for leaving Chevrolet to become a Toyota team, with people wondering whether or not the team could continue to contend. It was a brilliant move that made JGR Toyota's top team instead of Chevy's third or fourth team. Gibbs knew that people win races, not manufacturers, and he had the right people in place to win immediately with Toyota."

That sounds quite different than your claim that Joe Gibbs supposedly "came willingly to Toyota because he got tired of the Hendrick preference with Chevy". You like to paint this picture that poor neglected Joe was only getting the scraps from GM, so he went and sought out Toyota in order to achieve the performance he desired. Never mind the fact that JGR won the title with Chevrolet in '05 and came very close again in '06. Never mind the fact that Gibbs himself knew he could win with ANY manufacturer. Never mind the fact that Toyota was desperate to throw a ton of money at an established powerhouse team to be their flagship, and JGR's contract with GM was set to expire. Thus, the marriage between JGR and Toyota made sense for both parties.

The bottom line is that Joe Gibbs switched to Toyota for one reason: money. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but don't try to rewrite history to fit your bogus narrative.

All of this from an Elliott fan? I know what I was doing this time last year, and it wasn't worrying about stuff like this. There is plenty in here supporting your narrative. You have yours. I have mine. Go back to celebrating.

2 Sweet

Legend
All of this from an Elliott fan? I know what I was doing this time last year, and it wasn't worrying about stuff like this. There is plenty in here supporting your narrative. You have yours. I have mine. Go back to celebrating.

Oh I'll continue to celebrate OUR Champion all offseason, don't you worry. In the meantime, I'll also continue to defend Hendrick/Chevrolet at every opportunity. I'm sure you of all people can understand my position :cool:

Revman

TRD
Oh I'll continue to celebrate OUR Champion all offseason, don't you worry. In the meantime, I'll also continue to defend Hendrick/Chevrolet at every opportunity. I'm sure you of all people can understand my position :cool:

I am really happy for you. Honestly. It is such a gratifying feeling. While I don't agree with the JGR/Hendrick pecking order narrative, I do respect your position. Thank you for being a fan of a manufacturer. Again, congrats and really enjoy the offseason!

Hawaii808

Team Owner
With the season over and Bubba's RPM related contracts ending soon, like after the Awards Banquet (announcements this year probably). We should be seeing the beginning of the #23 sponsor parade. I'm still hoping to see the Jumpman on the #23's hood at Daytona.

Top Bottom