Burleson racer dies at Iowa dragstrip

mike honcho

Knuckleheads
OSKALOOSA, Iowa (AP) — A North Texas drag racer has died of injuries suffered in a crash at Eddyville Raceway Park in Oskaloosa, Iowa.

Track co-owner Scott Gardner says Tim Hay of Burleson died during an Outlaw Fuel Altereds race on Saturday night. Gardner says the 49-year-old Hay lost control of his car, slammed into a safety wall and rolled over.

The racetrack says in a statement posted on their website that funeral arrangements are pending.

Hay was the defending champion in the World Fuel Altered Nationals and was back in the finals when he crashed. A Web page about his "High Voltage Hayride" car said he has been married for 23 years and has three grown children.

The Outlaw Fuel Altereds Web site describes itself as a "group of independent racers with blown alcohol and nitro burning altereds who run in the southwest."

Wow.

I just checked my photo archives, i didn't see a picture of his car. I'll let TexPic know (He's the photog for Denton Dragway) and see i f he has one.

edit- Carl doesn't see any from this year, he's cecking last year's galleries and consulting another photog.

http://www.timhaytribute.com/

127776136.KcDV6CF7.haylaunch.jpg

Back
Top Bottom