Burnout at Martinsville

R

rajflyboy

Guess Jeff Gordon isn't using Traction Control anymore after that Burnout Yesterday! I remember the days when his Burnouts were rather lame!! :p

Or maybe he just had the King "Smoke" Tony Stewart Teach him how !!!

Originally posted by rajflyboy@Oct 20 2003, 04:52 PM
Guess Jeff Gordon isn't using Traction Control anymore after that Burnout Yesterday! I remember the days when his Burnouts were rather lame!! :p

Or maybe he just had the King "Smoke" Tony Stewart Teach him how !!!
Yeah that's probably what happened! :p ^_^

Rather Tony taught him or he praticed he done a pretty good job. :D

Gee, I thought Harvick taught him because HE was the king of burnouts...

Jimmie must have been giving the bossman some instructions at the shop about how to do burnouts. Jimmie is pretty good at them, too. :)

Newman ain't that bad too...but he's been practicing more than anybody else though...

Originally posted by 66mustang@Oct 20 2003, 05:43 PM
Newman ain't that bad too...but he's been practicing more than anybody else though...
That is so true, 66! :lol:

Robby Gordon is very good at burnouts as well.

The king of burnouts is Jack Sprague though, anyone who lights their rear tires on fire while doing a burnout has to be the king, and he is the only one to ever do that so far.

Originally posted by RobbyG Fan@Oct 20 2003, 07:58 PM

The king of burnouts is Jack Sprague though, anyone who lights their rear tires on fire while doing a burnout has to be the king, and he is the only one to ever do that so far.
Oh, I'd forgotten about Jack. LOL

That was in a truck, wasn't it?

Originally posted by TexasRaceLady+Oct 20 2003, 05:30 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TexasRaceLady @ Oct 20 2003, 05:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--RobbyG Fan@Oct 20 2003, 07:58 PM

Oh, I'd forgotten about Jack. LOL

That was in a truck, wasn't it? [/b][/quote]
Yeah it was, but I thought he blew his engine too.

Some burnouts are more expensive than others I guess. :D

Kevin is the king of burnouts...he blows out tires and damages his car while going at it!!!

Two best burnouts of all time:

October 2002 at Lowes: Jamie McMurray!

October 2003 at Lowes: Tony Stewart!

Maybe I watched something different but his first attempt yesterday was totally lame. I always watch the burnout now to see if a guy seems like he has traction control. What I saw yesterday on his first attempt convinced me he was using it. One thing about traction control is that it is likely controlled in the ignition box meaning switch to the other ignition box (takes like 2 seconds to do) and low and behold it is burnout time. There has been cries about it being used and to be honest if they catch Gordon, Johnson, Newman, Stewart, Kenseth, Junior or others using it they would get warned about it but they'd keep it hush hush because it would be bad for the series. When I went to Slinger late this summer there was people crying about a guy supposedly using traction control and if it happens at the local level it can certainly be going on in Nascar.

Originally posted by hntr74@Oct 20 2003, 10:07 PM
Maybe I watched something different but his first attempt yesterday was totally lame. I always watch the burnout now to see if a guy seems like he has traction control. What I saw yesterday on his first attempt convinced me he was using it. One thing about traction control is that it is likely controlled in the ignition box meaning switch to the other ignition box (takes like 2 seconds to do) and low and behold it is burnout time. There has been cries about it being used and to be honest if they catch Gordon, Johnson, Newman, Stewart, Kenseth, Junior or others using it they would get warned about it but they'd keep it hush hush because it would be bad for the series. When I went to Slinger late this summer there was people crying about a guy supposedly using traction control and if it happens at the local level it can certainly be going on in Nascar.
Yawn :yawner:

I have talked to some Nascar Folks about the use of traction control! They say that Nascar inspects for that big time and the risk of a permanent ban from Nascar is just too big!

I bet they were using this stuff a few years back >> not so sure now a days!

Originally posted by hntr74@Oct 21 2003, 12:07 AM
that makes total sense, I heard that trac control can be turned on by a cell phone, I seriously doubt that they would ban a driver from nascar especially a huge star, maybe a hefty fine and points taken away and probation.

Kevin Harvick was the one that told Jeff Gordon how to do a burnout. LOL
After his first couple or three that turned into embarrassments, Kevin happened to be close by after the winners circle thing. Jeff asked him how did he do that?? Kevin just grinned that
famous grin of his and said, "Stand on the brakes and the gas t the same time; then let off the brake easy."
Guess what???? The very next win, Jeff did hisself proud; and di a real smoker!!!!!

Thanks again to Happy Harvick. :rolleyes: :D :) :cheers:

Originally posted by RobbyG Fan@Oct 20 2003, 08:58 PM

That's surprising,considering how few times that Robby gets to practice burnouts ;) j/k ;)

Robby has 2 wins this year. How many does Jeff have this year?

Originally posted by 24thunder+Oct 22 2003, 09:29 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (24thunder @ Oct 22 2003, 09:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--RobbyG Fan@Oct 20 2003, 08:58 PM

That's surprising,considering how few times that Robby gets to practice burnouts ;) j/k ;) [/b][/quote]
:eek:

:p

Still think traction control isn't happening???... From Jayski.com:
Any traction control system utilizes the ignition system to send the right amount of torque and power to the rear wheels. Basically....switch from the traction control box to the other and you can suddenly do a burnout.

Starting next season, Nextel Cup teams will have to mount all of their wart-ugly ignition parts, pieces and wires so that anyone strolling through the garage area can inspect the system through the front windshield. "They will be in full display on the dashboard," Winston Cup director John Darby said this week. Basically this means this stuff can be currently hidden or they wouldn't change the rule.

Prior to this season, most of the ignition system was hidden from sight under the dashboard area. Those in the know say all it would take to convert a plain old ignition system into a traction control beast is a preprogrammed computer chip. They say such a chip could be inserted into the ignition system by the driver just before the race and quickly removed after the checkered flag, making traction control virtually undetectable. You think Newman's engineers could come up with this? I do.

Originally posted by hntr74@Oct 30 2003, 12:06 PM
Those in the know say all it would take to convert a plain old ignition system into a traction control beast is a preprogrammed computer chip. They say such a chip could be inserted into the ignition system by the driver just before the race and quickly removed after the checkered flag, making traction control virtually undetectable.

It would also take some sort of feedback from all wheels to the same computer (chip). They have to cross-reference the rear wheel speed to the fronts to detect if theres spin, then the chip would make the required changes to the ignition.

After that burnout try at ATLANTA >>> Hmm I wonder if the 24 has it?

Originally posted by rajflyboy@Oct 22 2003, 08:04 AM
Robby has 2 wins this year. How many does Jeff have this year?
Jeff has 3 wins this season.

Originally posted by rajflyboy@Oct 30 2003, 07:55 PM
After that burnout try at ATLANTA >>> Hmm &nbsp; I wonder if the 24 has it?
I'm suprised nobody else noticed that, it sure looked and sounded like the engine was hitting a rev limiter, but the engine wasn't turning no real RPMs

Originally posted by rajflyboy@Oct 30 2003, 03:55 PM
After that burnout try at ATLANTA >>> Hmm I wonder if the 24 has it?
Jeff Gordon did some great burnouts in both Martinsville victories,but He said in a post-race interview(after Atlanta win)that His carbuerator had been loading up at times when at idle or very slow speeds & even had His team make other drivers aware of the situation so that They could drive accordingly ;)
Jeff does have 3 wins this year btw,also His sweeping Martinville in poles & wins is the first time it's been done since Fred Lorenzon did the feat in 1964,there's some history for ya. ;)
Here's a Martinsville burnout in Oct. 2003 event.

Attachments

• oct.__03_martinsville_sweep.jpg
    oct.__03_martinsville_sweep.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 125
Great thing is I have all kinds of pictures of that burnout that was one of his better ones and it beat his Atlanta burnout that one stunk.

Originally posted by majestyx@Oct 31 2003, 04:47 PM
I guess an overloading carb. constitutes traction control. :rolleyes:
oh god, chill out, it was just a joke, I could hear how the carb. was loading up sunday.

Originally posted by steveluvs3+Oct 31 2003, 03:50 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (steveluvs3 @ Oct 31 2003, 03:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--majestyx@Oct 31 2003, 04:47 PM
I guess an overloading carb. constitutes traction control.&nbsp; :rolleyes:
oh god, chill out, it was just a joke, I could hear how the carb. was loading up sunday. [/b][/quote]
:p

Back
Top Bottom