"BUSCH" to leave?

kat2220

Super Moderator
Staff member
New 'Busch' Series Sponsor in 2008? UPDATE Monster?: The NASCAR Busch Series is expected to have a new title sponsor in 2008, multiple sources close to ongoing negotiations told NASCAR.COM on Saturday at Dover. Potential replacement candidates were not disclosed. NASCAR spokesman Jim Hunter confirmed that 2007 is the final year of the existing contract between Anheuser-Busch and NASCAR, while stressing that discussions about the future are ongoing. "All I can tell you is we're working on 2007, and Busch is certainly a part of that," Hunter said. "We're in discussions about the future." The sources, each of whom spoke on condition of anonymity, all agreed that Anheuser-Busch is re-evaluating the Busch brand's status as title sponsor of NASCAR's second-highest series, and where it fits in the company's overall marketing strategy. Tony Ponturo, Anheuser-Busch vice president of global media and sports marketing, said nothing of the sort. "We haven't even begun negotiations," Ponturo said Saturday. "Renewal negotiations begin next spring." (NASCAR.com) (9-23-2006) UPDATE: Hearing the Monster Energy drink, which is owned by Anheuser-Busch, will be the new sponsor of the 'Busch' Series. So the Monster Series or the Monster Energy Drink Series?

My question is Why can beer and liquor sponcer series, races and cars when cigaretts cant?

My question is Why can beer and liquor sponcer series, races and cars when cigaretts cant?

Because our wonderful government made it a law. Oh, by the way, cigarettes can sponsor a race, but that has to be it's only venue in that sport. Once it sponsors a race, something that is very politically incorrect now, it's interests in racing is over. We have, here in NC, a small cigarette company that sponsors cars and races all the time. Even gives away cigarettes at the track.

Back
Top Bottom