Business is picking up!

Let's see, for the exisiting teams, I got Kaulig and 23XI wanting to get one.

Hamlin / Jordan bought Germaine Racing’s charter.

Done ... before the price goes up.

You're right!, my mistake, I forgot they got one.

-IF- a new brand came in, do y’all think more charters would be created? How many? I think 4 would be good, with the field size to 43.

I wonder how much the expansion fee would amount to?

I wonder how much the expansion fee would amount to?

Depends, if the average charter price is between 4-6 million or more, adding 4 more without another manufacturer could drive the price down some. I want to know what the asking price is for a charter from Rick Ware then.

Then try buying one from off of a front running team, that could easily be six figures or more... I wish I could give a rough percentage.

Would, not could.

The value of a NASCAR Cup charter is rising. That's been the whole point of the RTA Charter exercise since its inception. These things are franchises, plain and simple. Current charter holders will have to be compensated if the field expands ... rather like expansions that have occurred in every other professional sport.

EG: http://a.espncdn.com/nhl/s/expansion4a.html

Last edited:
Would, not could.

The value of a NASCAR Cup charter is rising. That's been the whole point of the RTA Charter exercise since its inception. These things are franchises, plain and simple. Current charter holders will have to be compensated if the field expands ... rather like expansions that have occurred in every other professional sport.

EG: http://a.espncdn.com/nhl/s/expansion4a.html
Expansion teams fees increase as more teams come in.

So, grandfather into an already established team, in this case relating to NASCAR. Lets say Dodge comes back, so the RTA comes in and lays the options out. Either you can find a team to mix with to make the said transition easier because if you create a brand new team from scratch... Look at all of these fees attached now that you want to get in and not to mention the charters associated with different organizations. Depending on where a team runs will be the cost of the charter.

I think I'll take option A and buy into a team, a lot less headaches getting involved into a turn-key operation where a team is already established. This makes sense long-term.

Just as we were having this conversation, look who chimes in:

Starts at the 2:30 mark on Jr's take on the charter system:

Expansion teams fees increase as more teams come in.

So, grandfather into an already established team, in this case relating to NASCAR. Lets say Dodge comes back, so the RTA comes in and lays the options out. Either you can find a team to mix with to make the said transition easier because if you create a brand new team from scratch... Look at all of these fees attached now that you want to get in and not to mention the charters associated with different organizations. Depending on where a team runs will be the cost of the charter.

I think I'll take option A and buy into a team, a lot less headaches getting involved into a turn-key operation where a team is already established. This makes sense long-term.
Dodge makes me so so angry. Could you imagine a Charger cup car? That thing would be awesome

Dodge makes me so so angry. Could you imagine a Charger cup car? That thing would be awesome
We were so close.
927ef53b422352ae0c8e77cc94b63ce2--dodge-charger-cars.jpg

bring dodge back and put brad K in one

-IF- a new brand came in, do y’all think more charters would be created? How many? I think 4 would be good, with the field size to 43.
I agree with @aunty dive and @Spotter22 -- don't see any reason to increase the number of chartered teams just to keep everyone marginally viable. The whole purpose of the charter system is to grow the value of the existing teams that have invested and risked so much to keep the sport going. The current number of 36 charters is plenty... forever.

Interesting. Do you say that only about Chip’s NaSCAR shop or all of his racing interests?
Nascar is heading in a new direction which should make it cheaper to start up a non-charter team. Many of those teams will be looking for a charter to increase their purse winnings. IF Charters hit 10 million, Chip could cash in and still have his open wheel team to play with.

Back
Top Bottom