Cal wells to Poncho

H

HardScrabble

From the Team Ford Racing website:

CHECK THAT
Last week TFR reported that Cal Wells III was in all likelihood going to be staying in the Ford camp for the 2003 season. Since that time, however, TFR confirmed the move to Pontiac was a far more likely possibility than him staying with Ford.

One GM-type, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said that they understood the GM deal with Wells was completed, but hadn’t seen the signed contracts. The GM source also told TFR that Richard Childress would be providing power to the effort, and displacing Robert Yates Racing as the motor supplier to the PPI organization.

The announcement is slated to come next week at Michigan International Speedway

I believe it will happen.Pontiac needs a high profile team.And while Cal Wells team doesn't excactly meet that requirement,Pontiac may be willing to offer Cal a few incentives that Ford won't.

I think Cal Well's team(s) going to Pontiacs is only going to help with them being pretty much last on Ford's list. Plus it looks like there going to get there hoursepower from RCR.

It has been mentioned a few times that if he can find a sponsor for a second team he will open it back up. Also pontiac is looking to fill both of the spots Joe Gibbs left behind.

Talk is or was depending on the source that Cal will come up with a another team, if he switches to Pontiac. For some reason I haven't figured out if he doesn't change he'll likely stay with one team.

The only driver I've mention of for another team is Jerry Nadeau. Come credence is given the tale, since Nadeau apparently has indicated that he will not stay with Petty Enterprises. Seems he would not be so quick to turn away from a ride if he didn't have something cooking.

thanks for the info hs. glad to see you're still providing us with the nitty-gritty:)

As long as MBV/MB2 become the #1 Pontaic team that will be fine!!
I still think Pontaic will have 5-7 teams next year.
4- Mike Skinner
10-Johnny Benson
14- ??????
32-Ricky Craven
36-???????
96- Jerry Nadeau
I wonder if pontaic would help Morgan McClur finaly start that 2nd team thats been rumored for years now??

Back
Top Bottom