Calling all tech geeks....

DanicaFreak

2021 Big Gator winner <Green Monster>
@fury @Professur

Work WIFI...if I use my phone and facebook secure chat (where you only have a record on one device) what is the chance work would know what FB messages were being sent? There is no sign in page, just a password. Its a "guest" account.

work phone...75%. Personal phone....0%. Even in our school district, we cannot "see" the data being exchanged. Only that certain services have been queried (FB chat shows up as h.fb.com or something like that). But if you're on a work device, they can remote into it and see what you see (ask how I know).

work phone...75%. Personal phone....0%. Even in our school district, we cannot "see" the data being exchanged. Only that certain services have been queried (FB chat shows up as h.fb.com or something like that). But if you're on a work device, they can remote into it and see what you see (ask how I know).

Personal device, work WIFI guest account.
and sorry I missed your @Magnethead tag....

As long as it's a secure HTTP connection you're good. If the HTTP connection is not secure and the wifi has no password on it, anyone can sniff the traffic you're sending. (If the HTTP is not secure, but the wifi connection has a password, only the network administrators can see the traffic you're sending, if they have enabled traffic sniffing)

As long as it's a secure HTTP connection you're good. If the HTTP connection is not secure and the wifi has no password on it, anyone can sniff the traffic you're sending. (If the HTTP is not secure, but the wifi connection has a password, only the network administrators can see the traffic you're sending, if they have enabled traffic sniffing)
I don't know if FB chat uses HTTPS or HTTP protocol. But is traffic sniffing actually a thing? We have to pick out a specific IP address [or domain username] of the allocation tables, then it only shows us what URL was requested. I don't think the actual UDP/TCP traffic or even the port number can be sniffed?

Back
Top Bottom