Camping at Charlotte Motor Speedway

stop-n-hop

Team Owner
New Member!
I have just purchased tickets and camping for Coke 600 weekend at CMS. We have attended races at Charlotte but have never camped at a race. Can anyone give me some tips or tell me what to expect? Thanks in advance!

• Love
Reactions: sdj
laidbackracing has info for most tracks. some of it is dated but might answer some questions

What kind of tips are you looking for? If it is regarding camping, the type of camping and location makes a big difference.

If you are camping in the main full hookup campgrounds at the Z-Max dragstrip they have a really nice climate controlled shower facility and they sell some grocery items in the main office. There is also Tom Johnson Camping World RV sales and service on the property. They do full RV services and carry a major supply of RV parts. There is also a free septic dump and water fill up in front of the shower facility if you are staying somewhere else. That is where we dump all of the drag racing haulers. If you are looking for a great breakfast you need to look no further then Louis' Grill at 5429 NC Highway 49S Harrisburg NC. It is about a half mile from the track and it is a small mom and pop NASCAR themed cafe with great food at a very reasonable price. For a great lunch or dinner about another mile is the Harrisburg Family House Restaurant 5429 NC Highway 49S. Then another good family restaurant a couple miles from the track on highway 29 is the Parkway House Family Restaurant.
Menu | Harrisburg Family House Restaurant

We paid for camping through the CMS website and they said the location would be determined later. I know we will be dry camping.

We camped at ( then) Tom Johnson's Camping resort across from the track. Full hookups, huge space, and easy walking to all the Speedway amenities. I think it was about $500.00 for a week. That was in 2007.

We paid for camping through the CMS website and they said the location would be determined later. I know we will be dry camping.

If you have kids under 14ish-years-old be ready to do lots of explaining of the "stuff" you'll see happening!!! That's my tip!! Always something crazy going on at any NASCAR track in the camping lots!

Back
Top Bottom