Dismiss Notice
I fixed a problem with the emails. Apologies if you've missed notifications or confirmation emails and/or got duplicates or resends all of a sudden. I've also turned on automatic bounce handling.

Camping World Truck Series 2017 Thread

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by Kiante, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

The other development series. Not a lot of news on the trucks front, but there will be sooner than later.

ToyYoda and Charlie Spencer like this.
  2. RacerrecaR

RacerrecaR Orange cone

I'm waiting to hear an announcement that Biffle will drive for somebody in this series full-time next year.

cheesepuffs likes this.
  3. Fordracing7

Fordracing7 Team Owner

2 BKR

4. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Everything's Great!

I'd like to see him go the Bobby Hamilton/Ted Musgrave/Johnny Benson/Todd Bodine route and do this. Biff would probably rip it up in the Truck Series.

Greg, cheesepuffs, 2 Sweet and 2 others like this.
  5. Fordracing7

Fordracing7 Team Owner

That was an awesome time for the series

Greg, cheesepuffs, Kiante and 2 others like this.
  6. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Everything's Great!

Yeah, the Trucks were fun when they were kind of the "senior tour".

7. Simple Fan

Simple Fan First or Last

I know Austin Cindric will be in one of the BKR trucks. I think Christopher Bell is returning to KBM and Noah Gragson is replacing Will Byron. Champion Sauter will return to GMS racing as well.

I wish Jr would keep his truck program going but it seems he was doing that for Haas. Could throw the Berry kid in a truck full time next year and see how he does.

8. Simple Fan

Simple Fan First or Last

9. Simple Fan

Simple Fan First or Last

10. Biggreen695

Biggreen695 Team Owner

If he were gonna put anyone in there I'd say bowman... But I guess that's a different discussion on another thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

Charlie Spencer likes this.
  12. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Short tracks and road courses rule.

'... Reality Tour ...'

[snort]

Interesting. Three 1.5er's and a 2-mile, along with Pocono. I'd hoped for Martinsville and maybe Bristol. On the other hand, that leaves the more interesting tracks for the regulars, or at least not Kyle.

Wonder when they'll release his X schedule.

13. Simple Fan

Simple Fan First or Last

Interesting that he or my took 5 dates. Would have liked to see him race Bristol and Kentucky but maybe he'll run them in Xfinity.

14. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

15. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

KBM is doing a number with Gilliland and Burton racing this year.

Awesome stuff.

16. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

I wonder if Junior will run a truck again this year??

17. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

A couple of weeks back there was a report of TBR buying the JRM truck series operation and Ryan Preece was the driver, but nothing else never surfaced afterwards.

JRM in Xfinity is going to be a five-car organization, so I guess it will shut down, which is a shame. I wish Preece or Josh Berry had an opportunity to go full time with that 00 truck, would have been nice to see Berry especially get a ride after all the work he's put into Car Tour Series for JRM.

Team Penske likes this.
  18. Matthew2470

Matthew2470 Filthy Casual

I didn't really mind the caution clock last year.

Simple Fan likes this.
  19. Mispeedway15

Mispeedway15 Crew Chief

Do Eldora please! I don't know why more drivers don't do trucks, it's much shorter race

20. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

Harrison Burton wasn't very good in K&N.

21. Greg

Greg 2014 RF YAHOO CHAMP Your leader

I can absolutely agree, but of course after the 20th character position was utilized in your quoted post it became a non-relevant TL DR matter, about anything else you may have said.

Theorims: A too long didnt read same difference as too long didnt race

22. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

Kelley Earnhardt was on with Moody about a week and a half/2 weeks ago and confirmed that JRM would in fact be shutting down their truck program for this season. And you can't blame them. 5 full time Xfinity rides is going to suck up every ounce of resource they have.

23. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

I thought the rule was 4 cars per team only. Did they change the rules again?

24. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

The 88 will still be a "all-star" car, I suppose. Just limit the amount of races the car partcipates in.

25. Taco

Taco Crew Chief

How much stuff is GMS getting from Hendrick?

26. Matthew2470

Matthew2470 Filthy Casual

I spent way more time contemplating your reply than I'd care to admit. (3 minutes. It was 3 minutes,)

Greg likes this.
  27. Greg

Greg 2014 RF YAHOO CHAMP Your leader

17 to spare

28. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

Cup rule.

Charlie Spencer likes this.
  29. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

As much as they can pay for.

30. AndyMarquisLive

AndyMarquisLive Short Track Fanatic

He wasn't very good in PASS or CARS. But he has had success in the Gulf Coast.

31. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

So its official no truck team for JRM:

I need to see Josh Berry in Trucks or Xfinity next year, dude has too much talent to be wasted.

32. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

Kyle Busch Motorsports sets crew chief lineup

Marcus Richmond joins Kyle Busch Motorsports’ crew chief lineup, the organization announced Wednesday. He’ll be paired with Noah Gragson on the team’s No. 18 NASCAR Camping World Series entry.

Richmond, whose teams have recorded at least one win every year since 2012, was at JR Motorsports last year with Cole Custer.

Crew chiefs Rudy Fugle and Kevin Manion return to Kyle Busch Motorsports. Fugle, who has guided his team to the owner’s championship each of the past three seasons – and led Erik Jones to the driver’s title in 2015 – will work with Christopher Bell on the No. 4 team. Manion returns to the No. 51 team and will work with Kyle Busch, Myatt Snider, Todd Gilliland and Harrison Burton.

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2017/01/04/kyle-busch-motorsports-sets-crew-chief-lineup/

33. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

They are a strong house and what a training ground for JGR and Toyota. Use the trucks to find Xfinity drivers and use Xfinity to find cup drivers. Soon you will be asking "Where is GM?

34. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

cheesepuffs likes this.
  35. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

36. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

37. MarcWiley

MarcWiley One of Those People

38. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

39. Team Penske