Can Controversial Drivers Have a Negative Impact on Their Sponsors?

the title of the thread isnt "Driver Actions causes loss of sponsorship." It is:
Can Controversial Drivers Have a Negative Impact on Their Sponsors?
Having to have your owner bail your @ss out at the last minute after a temper tantrum on track constitutes having a negative impact on a sponsorship to me.

^^this.

I feel some are misinterpreting the thread title. the driver would be dropped before any damage could be done to the sponsors brand (e.g. Kyle Larson). Kyle Busch driving like an a**hole isn’t going to have an impact on Mars or their sales.

just saw the Bausch v Hornaday for the first time...holy sh*t.

^^this.

I feel some are misinterpreting the thread title. the driver would be dropped before any damage could be done to the sponsors brand (e.g. Kyle Larson). Kyle Busch driving like an a**hole isn’t going to have an impact on Mars or their sales.

just saw the Bausch v Hornaday for the first time...holy sh*t.
so not sponsoring a driver for the two races they had left under contract, and discussing dropping him altogether with his racing team isn't having a negative impact on their sponsor. Please tell me what is?

so not sponsoring a driver for the two races they had left under contract, and discussing dropping him altogether with his racing team isn't having a negative impact on their sponsor. Please tell me what is?

I suppose it depends on how you want to decipher ”having a negative impact on their sponsor”. If were talking in regards to the driver-race team-sponsor relationship. Sure, the relationship is negatively impacted. Or If we’re talking in regards to the sponsor being negatively impacted finacially or how their brand is viewed. No, I don’t think Busch driving like an *ss is going to negatively impact Mars. And like I said, he would be gone before it could ever get to that point.

I suppose it depends on how you want to decipher ”having a negative impact on their sponsor”. If were talking in regards to the driver-race team-sponsor relationship. Sure, the relationship is negatively impacted. Or If we’re talking in regards to the sponsor being negatively impacted finacially or how their brand is viewed. No, I don’t think Busch driving like an *ss is going to negatively impact Mars. And like I said, he would be gone before it could ever get to that point.
Good to know someone else is seeing to different conversations going on at the same time.

That is a long way from you saying some of us are misinterpreting the thread title

Looks like you're going to be Google soon
I don't think it's too much to expect someone to provide links to support their position. Saying 'Google it!' assumes the person is going to find the same sources you did. All too often, the original poster then changes the subject to an attack on questioner's Internet skills. That's happened to me too many times.

What's happened to basic debate skills?

I don't think it's too much to expect someone to provide links to support their position. Saying 'Google it!' assumes the person is going to find the same sources you did. All too often, the original poster then changes the subject to an attack on questioner's Internet skills. That's happened to me too many times.

They don't teach those skills in school anymore. Like math you just need to type it and a program makes all the corrections. Of course they haven't figured out how to make an APP with common sense yet.

Yea I see your position. I was lucky enough to be in school at a time where we had to look up Encylopedia’s, library resources and books to find info right before the internet, not saying it’s better than now but it taught me to sift through the bs to get to my point. I guess what I’m saying is there’s no shame in telling someone to google it because they are so wrong in a particular subject it shouldn’t be my job to inform a person, said person should do some digging on their own. This is just my own opinion but laziness is permeating debate and fact checking skills, at every level.

I wonder if Noah Gragson has left a negative impact on Bass Pro Shops. Somewhat controversial on the track, he's had his share of publicity that hasn't always been positive. I've looked for info, but it is sparse as the library in my town has no NASCAR section.

I wonder if Noah Gragson has left a negative impact on Bass Pro Shops. Somewhat controversial on the track, he's had his share of publicity that hasn't always been positive. I've looked for info, but it is sparse as the library in my town has no NASCAR section.
:XXROFL:I doubt it, but he didn't need consoling after being a dumbass either.

1597592196890.png

Back
Top Bottom