Can I Hit My Crack Pipe

F

fastfordfan

A 48-year-old Athens woman asked an officer for permission to smoke some crack before she was brought to jail Wednesday afternoon for stabbing a man, Athens-Clare police said.
Essie Mae Jones told police she stabbed the 55-year-old victim in retaliation for him calling her a derogatory name, police said.
He was taken to Athens Regional Medical Center with a severe stab wound to his lower stomach, according to police.
“Jones said she stabbed him because she was tired of being disrespected,” Athens-Clarke police Capt. Clarence Holeman said.
Officers went to Jones’ home after someone called 911 at 4:45 p.m., and even though no one reported a problem, a dispatcher heard a commotion in the background and heard someone say they stabbed a person, police said.
Officers arrived and found three people tussling on the lawn in front of Jones’ home, and noticed one of the men was bleeding profusely from a stab wound to his stomach, police said.
Jones admitted she stabbed the man after he called her a “bitch,” according to police.
A crack pipe was on the ground near Jones’ feet, and an officer noted that all of the people involved in the altercation appeared to be very intoxicated.
“Essie also stated to me that I should at least let her smoke her pipe before I take her to jail since they won’t let her (smoke it) there,” an officer wrote in a report.
Jones was charged with aggravated assault and third-degree child cruelty because the assault was witnessed by two young children, police said.
A detective was not able to immediately interview the stabbing victim at the hospital because doctors had sedated him with morphine, police said.

Back
Top Bottom