Career Opportunities in NASCAR (or motorsports abroad)

Truex_rox

Wannabe racecar driver.
Hello to you all,

This will be a little long-winded by standards. So I searched for a thread like this before making this one, but I didn’t see any come up. Like everyone else here, I’m a diehard fan of racing - doesn’t matter if it’s two-wheels, four, aerobatic, etc, name it and I’ve likely paid it attention. Although there was very little in terms of prior involvement or fanfare for racing within my family, it’s been a long-held ambition of mine to be involved in motorsports in some capacity beyond being a fan. I even wanted to be a race car driver growing up, but there was little in the way of funds or opportunities in my area if I’m being realistic. That said, I don’t feel slighted by that; that’s how life is and my parents were fulfilling their roles enough as it was. Even so, while it may be a stretch to get myself signed up for a seat fitting 😛, some of you may know that I’ve been studying Graphic Design for a few years now. I got my Associate’s Degree and I am currently working towards a Bachelor’s in the same field. I’ve been thinking about it, and realized that surely Graphic Design and motorsports align in some ways, so I wanted to check in with anyone who may have some knowledge, expertise, or maybe even just shares a similar interest. Personally, I am primarily interested in a position within a team or sanctioning body of the graphic design / media variety. Since we share a lot of the same interests, I figured there might be some others here who may want to use this thread for the same purposes - be it to share advice, pose suggestions, or even share your own accounts of what you would like to be involved in.

Sincerely,

Your R-F buddy, Truex_rox

Hello to you all,

This will be a little long-winded by standards. So I searched for a thread like this before making this one, but I didn’t see any come up. Like everyone else here, I’m a diehard fan of racing - doesn’t matter if it’s two-wheels, four, aerobatic, etc, name it and I’ve likely paid it attention. Although there was very little in terms of prior involvement or fanfare for racing within my family, it’s been a long-held ambition of mine to be involved in motorsports in some capacity beyond being a fan. I even wanted to be a race car driver growing up, but there was little in the way of funds or opportunities in my area if I’m being realistic. That said, I don’t feel slighted by that; that’s how life is and my parents were fulfilling their roles enough as it was. Even so, while it may be a stretch to get myself signed up for a seat fitting 😛, some of you may know that I’ve been studying Graphic Design for a few years now. I got my Associate’s Degree and I am currently working towards a Bachelor’s in the same field. I’ve been thinking about it, and realized that surely Graphic Design and motorsports align in some ways, so I wanted to check in with anyone who may have some knowledge, expertise, or maybe even just shares a similar interest. Personally, I am primarily interested in a position within a team or sanctioning body of the graphic design / media variety. Since we share a lot of the same interests, I figured there might be some others here who may want to use this thread for the same purposes - be it to share advice, pose suggestions, or even share your own accounts of what you would like to be involved in.

Sincerely,

Your R-F buddy, Truex_rox
I've looked for stuff before on https://www.motorsportjobs.com/us

Just a quick look and I saw this.

Do motorsports teams employ designers in-house, or do they outsource the work to graphics firms?
You’re asking the right questions! From what I’ve been able to find, I’m thinking both routes of finding design work are taken on… I was seeing earlier that HMS were looking for a graphic designer with the amount of experience, training / proficiency with various programs I’ve accrued (3 years and counting in my case) … sadly that was back in December and it says they’re not accepting any further applications at the moment.

If you are interested in working in some capacity in NASCAR............. MOVE TO MOORESVILLE!
There are always opportunities in the area, and you should be able to support yourself while pursuing your dream career.

Back
Top Bottom