Carl Edwards on returning to NASCAR

I was driving home from the NJ shore today and we all heard this....Sirius broke in with breaking news on the NASCAR channel and said Edwards is not coming out of retirement. I laughed and told the family..."Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead!" Breaking news that a retired guy is still retired. I guess social media drives all conversations anymore. SMH

So everytime we see Carl at a race track, its gonna be breaking news, "Carl Is Not Coming Back", sigh.

Let it be, he said he wants out... he's out.

After stepping away for this long from the highly competitive level like the Cup series, I'd second guess the idea of coming back... sure, guys have pulled it off... but it can't be easy to just jump back in and be expected to go win right away like everyone would be expecting him to do "if" he ever did return.

Someone should also tell Carl, turn the darn races on every now and then, NASCAR could us another viewer... might be news to him, ratings are down...

Ever wonder if maybe stories like this are why Carl left in the first place? The overbearing media sticking a mic in his face every time he leaves his house. Asking for the answer to a question he already answered at a press conference in January. And a few times after that.

Carl Edwards is retired. Let the man live his life.

Pointless thread is a pointless thread.

Ever wonder if maybe stories like this are why Carl left in the first place? The overbearing media sticking a mic in his face every time he leaves his house. Asking for the answer to a question he already answered at a press conference in January. And a few times after that.

Carl Edwards is retired. Let the man live his life.
confusing part is that he didn't say he was retiring. :idunno:

It does sound like he's at least planning to at some point, come back.

"Not right now" sounds a lot like bargaining to me. He's waiting for a quality ride is my guess.

Better not wait too long though. He's almost pushing 40.

I saw a former coworker a couple weeks ago who retired 5 years ago at 57 years old.He and his wife have both lost weight and never seemed happier.Everyone said he would come back,they're still waiting.They bought a Ram 2500 and Airstream RV and have traveled the country.This is a guy who never owned a truck or RV before.If you've got enough money to take care of everything and health insurance,why not?I imagine Carl has got to do things with his kids,some dads can only dream of.They grow up very quickly.

I saw a former coworker a couple weeks ago who retired 5 years ago at 57 years old.He and his wife have both lost weight and never seemed happier.Everyone said he would come back,they're still waiting.They bought a Ram 2500 and Airstream RV and have traveled the country.This is a guy who never owned a truck or RV before.If you've got enough money to take care of everything and health insurance,why not?I imagine Carl has got to do things with his kids,some dads can only dream of.They grow up very quickly.
An acquaintance asked me last week how I could justify spending $1,177.18 for gas on a 3 week vacation. I replied that the 42 years I spent at sea insuring that we would have a good retirement was reason enough for me.

Literally the epitome of nascar
doh2.gif

It does sound like he's at least planning to at some point, come back.

"Not right now" sounds a lot like bargaining to me. He's waiting for a quality ride is my guess.

Better not wait too long though. He's almost pushing 40.

Thing is, he already was in a championship caliber ride. Don't see why he would willing leave in the prime of his career, unless he really was done with NASCAR.

Sponsor commitment? Nothin’ but cover. A misdirect. Ain’t buyin’ it.

Edwards was on a secret mission to track Knaus ‘n swipe his laptop.

The continuing saga of Carl Edwards' and his lies about retirement.

What the hell is wrong with that guy?

Back
Top Bottom