Cellular Phones

W

Walrus_3

Who has 'em? What provider? What plan? Like 'em/ hate 'em? Why/why not?
Just looking for another good out pouring of information if anyone has any to share.

My hubby uses ALLTEL. I think it's $45 a month for 2 phones, 3000 minutes a month, and 300 minutes a month talking to each other. I just keep mine in the car, don't use it much.

He works in Palestine, TX so the choice there was limited.

Cingular. 52 bucks a month or two phones with 3500 shared minutes. No roaming or long distance ever!! We like it but sometimes working in the foothills and valleys around Los Angeles hitting a cell can be a problem!

Verizon Wireless. Motorola Timeport 8700. No roaming or long distance (supposedly) and around the same number of minutes as TRL. Really good reception, too. They're supposed to have the best coverage in my area, which is definitely not your area, I don't think. :eek:

I used to hate cell phones, but I got one after 9/11, and before the fall Phoenix race, just in case. :sketchy:

I hardly ever use it, though. I'll never be one of those dumbasses on Madison Avenue (or anywhere else) with it surgically attached to my ear, and too involved in some inane conversation to worry about not bashing into you as I walk by. :sniper:

Agggh, that drives me nuts!!!

DE W,
Are you in the San Fernando Valley? Just wondering, lived there eight years.
Last time I was there didn't even reckognise the place, truly amazing how things change.

Yeah we live in the foothills north of SFV.........yep, things change fast here. Too bad the traffic engineers can't keep up though!! Traffic is murder sometimes. Don't see it getting better anytime soon either:(

Alltel. $23.95/month for 200 anytime minutes and 300 might and weekend minutes. I use it alot, but most of my calls are very short, so I don't usually run over my limit. I also got a free phone. I get great reception most everywhere. My wife called me when I was at Martinsville last year several times and it was as clear as if I was in Ohio.

That includes voice mail, caller ID, and call waiting.

Originally posted by 4xchampncountin
That includes voice mail, caller ID, and call waiting.

Not to bust your bubble but I think every cell provider gives that!! Your service sounds good though..........but 200 minutes wouldn't do us!!:)

Actually the plan I signed up for was $19.95 a month. The Call Management package was another $4 a month. My bubble isn't that sensitive.

I use Tracfone for that prepay deal. I dont use it much so it works out much better for me..and a good deal too.

Cingular, $40 a month, no roaming, free LD, etc. I don't use it all that much so I signed up for 400 rollover minutes. I now have about 1,000 minutes rolled over, so they will be free. Phone was free too.

Lots of times if you go thru your local phone company you can get a good deal but make sure you ask about ALL the plans with lots of companies before deciding. Like the saying goes,"Let The Buyer Beware".

DE, my eldest lives in Pasadena, travels a lot, uses AT&T wireless and it's fine there in that area. Right now she is in AZ, called today, and everything was great.

Back
Top Bottom