CFB Thanksgiving weekend

buckaroo

Here kitty, kitty, kitty
Auburn overcomes a 24 point deficit to beat Alabama. Looks to me like Oregon and Auburn are on a collision course for the national title. Too bad for TCU and BSU. Might they play again in a lower bowl? Those schools, ADs, chancelors and regents know if they want a chance, or at least a fair chance for the national title, they have to join better conferences. Until then, it doesn't matter if they beat Podunk U 99 to nothing, they just won't be given a chance.

Thrilling Boise State/Nevada game on ESPN right now. Nevada within striking distance, 3 point game after Boise State pulled away early.

Seriously, all of you who ate too much leftover turkey and fell asleep on this game, you are missing the game of the year right now!

Back-to-back missed field goals by Boise State's kicker costs them a shot at the BCS Championship or the Rose Bowl, Nevada wins in Overtime! UN-BELIEVE-ABLE!!!

boise state would have never got a bid to the bcs championship even if they had won by a field goal, which i thought they were going to do, twice. they had to beat nevada convincingly for that. those sure were some good games yesterday. between auburn and oregon i'd have to give the nod to oregon (as of now).

boise state would have never got a bid to the bcs championship even if they had won by a field goal, which i thought they were going to do, twice. they had to beat nevada convincingly for that. those sure were some good games yesterday. between auburn and oregon i'd have to give the nod to oregon (as of now).

Once again Bama found a way to lose.

That Alabama-Auburn game was tough to watch. There were some serious mistakes made by Alabama when they had the chance to put the game away. Two fumbles in the red zone, dropped TD passes and a horrible misplay by an Alabama DB on a touchdown pass that should have never been one.

Cam Newton certainly did not impress me. He certainly seems to be overpaid if all those reports are true. He's not a very accurate passer and he is just plain slow as a runner.

boise state would have never got a bid to the bcs championship even if they had won by a field goal, which i thought they were going to do, twice. they had to beat nevada convincingly for that.
The BCS doesn't take into consideration the margin of victory and that is one of the reasons that TCU jumped them earlier.

So, LSU goes down with a loss to Arkansas.

Boise State's probably telling the BCS, "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" as they fall hard to Nevada in a thrilling classic.

Maryland takes down NC State and knocks them out of the ACC Championship game (hopefully this moves Maryland up in the BCS rankings and in to bowl contention).

Auburn barely survives against the Tide... I think they're going down against South Carolina.

The BCS Standings are set to tighten up and shuffle bigtime today.

Oregon/TCU end up in the BCS Championship though I think TCU is way overrated.

Clean, Old Fashioned Hate 105 on ESPN right now. South Carolina at Clemson on ESPN2. Michigan/Ohio State on ABC.

Remote's about to get busy!

The BCS doesn't take into consideration the margin of victory and that is one of the reasons that TCU jumped them earlier.
how so? where humans are involved there will always be subjective voting. i know if i'm voting i'll always pick a team that has a clear and decisive victory over a team that squeaks by with a field goal. if you're a small school and want my vote you better run up each and every game to show your superiority.

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/bcs_explained.html
This year, the BCS Standings will once again include three components: USA Today Coaches Poll, Harris Interactive College Football Poll and an average of six computer rankings. Each component will count one-third of a team's overall BCS score in the BCS Standings.

Fear the turtle is even funnier than my hometown Akron U Zips' slogan. Although, I have to say, that is the toughest looking kangaroo I've ever seen.

fear-the-roo-250%5B1%5D.jpg

Hey, at least Akron U won today. It was their first win of the year, but at least they didn't go winless for the whole year. That would have been really bad for the seniors on the team. They have an awesome new stadium and a new coach, now all they need is a new team.

how so? where humans are involved there will always be subjective voting. i know if i'm voting i'll always pick a team that has a clear and decisive victory over a team that squeaks by with a field goal. if you're a small school and want my vote you better run up each and every game to show your superiority.
Yes, I know about the human voting, but it's the computer scoring that doesn't take into consideration the margin of victory.

Back
Top Bottom