Chad 2021

Nitro Dude

Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance
One of the smartest decisions they could make

Has nothing to do with hate on Chad or anything. He’s done it all. Nothing left to prove... which could be a small part of issue.

just very obvious Chad/William isnt clicking and I’m not ready to blame it all on William.

with that said, the pressure will be on for Byron going forward. If he doesn't get rolling with his next setup, then the focus is gonna be on him

I wonder if he'll continue following in Ray Evernham's footsteps and get more involved in broadcast when the next set of contracts start (Letarte's replacement on NBC), and do this in the meantime. I thought he did a fine job in the broadcast role a few weeks ago.

I wonder if he'll continue following in Ray Evernham's footsteps and get more involved in broadcast when the next set of contracts start (Letarte's replacement on NBC), and do this in the meantime. I thought he did a fine job in the broadcast role a few weeks ago.
I don't think Chad would be interested in being a puppet for the guy in his ear or become a screaming gerbil like Letarte and . His new job will be challenging and give him a chance to explore his old cheating habits. I also think the money would be a lot better.

This sounds like it will give him the chance to work on/have more input on all 4 cars vs just primarily being a crew chief for one of them. It has potential to really help performance all around with his knowledge.
Similar in my opinion the Greg Zipadelli at SHR, who I believe is underrated and has a lot to do with their success as well as being an amazing crew chief for Tony Stewart back in the day.

If goes to TV which I see him doing at some point, it will be to FOX Sports

Have we established if Chad Knaus cares anymore or if he has lost a step? In all seriousness good to Chad for getting off the road and getting a promotion, it’s cool to see he’s pretty much been an HMS lifer since being a disciple of Ray Evernham. Which makes me rethink...it was good Ray left Jeff when he did, he left on top and still the best at his position. Not saying Chad isn’t anymore, but he has equals now in terms of race day management and strategy. Most of that is probably to the rules now, but at their zenith Ray and Chad had no equals. I do wish Ray came back to crew chief Jeff initially when Ray came back to HMS in the late 2010’s, that would hav been interesting to see, two old lions giving it one more go. Does Ray still work for or at HMS?

I think he lost a step and didn't care if he did because he got a promotion out of it.

If I know anything about Chad Knaus, he DOES care, and I'm sure going out not on top REALLY bothers him, but sometimes you come to grips with the fact you no longer have anything left to give and continuing on would be more disappointing than just stepping away, especially when you have a good job and a better family life waiting for you.

All I can say is now that the 24 and 48 are out of the playoffs I think it would be a disgrace is Chad wasn't on top of the pit box for the 48 at Phoenix.

I still can't figure out why SHR didn't do that with Zippy and Tony

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

All I can say is now that the 24 and 48 are out of the playoffs I think it would be a disgrace is Chad wasn't on top of the pit box for the 48 at Phoenix.

I still can't figure out why SHR didn't do that with Zippy and Tony

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Haven’t thought of this. It would be pretty cool to see.

Back
Top Bottom