Change to forum admin organization

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by fury, Nov 23, 2018.

1. fury

fury Internet god with an inferiority complex Staff Member

TexasRaceLady is going into retirement from moderating/administrating duties. I want to give a big hearty thank you for so many years of helping shape this forum. Enjoy yourself! :beerbang: and I hope we'll continue to earn the honor of you sticking around

2. TexasRaceLady

TexasRaceLady Plank Owner Contributor

I'm backing down from admin/mod duties for the simple reason, it's not fun anymore.
    The forum has changed, along with NASCAR, and those changes have made a difference in the tones and tenor of the conversations.
    For the most part, it's been a wonderful experience.

Big Dawgs will be in play come February.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  3. Greg

Greg 2014 RF YAHOO CHAMP Your leader

Thanks TRL for an outstanding job. This a great place and you obviously were a big reason for the success.

Nitro Dude, ToyYoda, sdj and 8 others like this.
  4. Greg

Greg 2014 RF YAHOO CHAMP Your leader

Another thing.
    A lot of great moderating never is seen. Fixing things in the background and proactivly defusing the sh!t flinging that would have followed.
    A great job with a lot that wasn't celebrated for the overall good, there are some things the children just did not need to know.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    Nitro Dude, ToyYoda, sdj and 10 others like this.
  5. Blaze

Blaze Midnight Rider

Greg should get the job if you ask me.

6. Michfan

Michfan Team Owner

Pjmolo would be good

7. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

Thank you for all your hard work TRL

8. DanicaFreak

DanicaFreak Green monster

You will be missed. ALOT. you welcomed me in here when danica freak out mania was in full swing. you were always fair and quite impartial.

9. shark77

shark77 Grab'n them by the *****!

Thank you for moderating. A typically thankless job that hopefully gets some appreciation from everyone when reflecting on how we can elevate our individual contributions.

10. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

I don't understand why five members were allowed to try and destroy the best forum on the web. It seems that these same five are getting what they want by TRL retiring. They are the same ones that constantly bitched about the best Forum Administrator that I've ever encountered anywhere. I really am sorry to see her go. The troublemakers should be the ones leaving. But I can understand why she made the decision to leave.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  11. kyle18fan

kyle18fan Proud member of Rowdy Nation Contributor

Thank you for everything you do ... and you do a great job

Ilovedthe90s likes this.
  12. AndyMarquisLive

AndyMarquisLive Short Track Fanatic

Thank you TRL for all you've done by

There's only one forum member who should be outright banned. Others just need to chill out.

13. Clutch

Clutch Team Owner

This place will never be the same without TRL.
    Thank you @TexasRaceLady for everything that you have done to keep this site the number 1 Nascar forum on the planet.
    I certainly understand your reasons for stepping down.

A really big personal thank you from me.

Greg, Nitro Dude, LewTheShoe and 7 others like this.
  14. BobbyFord

BobbyFord Resident Gearhead Contributor

This place won’t last very long. The Podium cesspool will leak into the rest of the forum. The NASCAR supporters and the deathbedders will duel at will.
    Thanks, TRL. I’m not confident that you’re replaceable.
    I’m already cutting down my time here.

15. BobbyFord

Nobody, including myself is innocent. There’s not a single person here that can carry on a volatile thread by themselves.
    It takes at least two continue the decay.
    Maybe everyone can take a step back and think before they post. I already tried to promote a cool down in The Podium and it wasn’t very successful.
    This place used to be a lot better.
    Mind your keyboards or this place isn’t going to last.

Nitro Dude, Johali and Clutch like this.
  16. TexasRaceLady

TexasRaceLady Plank Owner Contributor

I actually started talking to fury about this some months ago. Please don't point fingers at other members.
    I've got a lot of irons in the fire that need more attention than I could give to them.
    I just hope this place stays alive --- to have lasted for 17 years is great accomplishment. I'd hate to see it
    go the way most others have gone --- to the dump.
    I'll be here. In and out. I just don't have the responsibility of trying to maintain civility among the members.

17. BobbyFord

Enjoy your free time.

dpkimmel2001 and Johali like this.
  18. DanicaFreak

DanicaFreak Green monster

whats next...we start a poll about who should be admin/mod? I feel like someone has died.

:(

19. jws926

jws926 Nissan Is Love, Nissan Is Life

First, its not gonna be same the same with out you , but I dont blame you, and thanks for everything you have done over the decade and then some, I know I have only been here for less than the them some so that may not mean as much as it coming from some longer standing members.

Second, I might consider volunteering to be a time out giver , but I dont know if that is possible, or how it works here. I know once again, I havent been here very long and I lot of forums like having people in mod roles that have some sort of tenure usually.

20. *WEAVER*

*WEAVER* Team Owner

Thanks for all you did trl.

21. Magnethead

Magnethead Admin & Resident Techie Staff Member

I'm not around here as much as I can/should be, but I guess as the baton is passed, I'll have to start cracking folks...

Nitro Dude, sdj, DanicaFreak and 2 others like this.
  22. be9ak7ts16

be9ak7ts16 Hick

To quote that great philosopher Jerry Garcia, what a long strange trip it’s been. TRL, I will miss you as one of the best moderators I gave ever encountered. You have been nothing but fair and evenhanded. Hopefully your replacement will be half as good as you have been. Thank you for all you have done. You will be missed.

Johali, gnomesayin and Greg like this.
  23. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

Sorry to hear this but I feel your pain. It has changed and has become a full time job. It used to be a far more civil place not too long ago. Like Nascar, it'll never return to its prime.

24. lisa

lisa Kurt Busch fan

You're the bees knees TRL. Enjoy your retirement from here. You deserve it.

25. LewTheShoe

LewTheShoe Team Owner

@TRL, sorry to see you step down, but I understand your reasons. Thank you for a job well done... very, very well done.

gnomesayin likes this.
  26. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

TRL sorry to see you go, enjoy your retirement. You done good herding the cats around here.

DanicaFreak likes this.
  27. Pat

Pat Team Owner

@TexasRaceLady I would never be able to do what you have done here. It's a thankless job. I hope you will enjoy your visits..

LewTheShoe, Johali and Greg like this.
  28. Hotrod

Hotrod Team Owner

Thanks for your service TRL ! You kept a clean shop ! Your a race fan so I hope we will see you around.

I worked at a big company one time in my career. When the executive secretary retired after
    many years, they had to hire 3 more to take her place. I see the same happening here.

29. IanMcVittie

IanMcVittie Team Owner

I hear you about change as it is always upon us and sometimes it is for the best and other times it just plain sucks.

30. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

@TexasRaceLady , you will be missed, but, I hope you have a great time at your other endevers, you will be missed.
    At least keep posting some on here as you can.

Greg and Johali like this.
  31. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Team Owner

Thank you for everything TRL. We’re gonna miss you around these parts.

32. BobbyFord

So is there a new mod? This place is going to tank without a mod.

33. Brentford

Brentford Team Owner

It has tanked even with a mod, at least according to the opinion of several members.

Michfan likes this.
  34. BobbyFord

I would disagree. I think TRL has done a good job of preserving this place and extending its existence.

35. Mopardh9

Mopardh9 Team Owner

So how about telling us who is modding now instead of keeping it a secret?

36. BobbyFord

Me? Hell, I have no idea.

37. Mopardh9

Mopardh9 Team Owner

Not you ...Furry

BobbyFord likes this.
  38. Tight in Loose off

Tight in Loose off Team Owner

If I was the moderator I’d be the only one left! And we could post pictures of Danica in a swim suit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mopardh9 likes this.
  39. Magnethead

Magnethead Admin & Resident Techie Staff Member

Mods exist. The forum has always had several mods (see the staff list). Not all of us are/have been omnipresent. Yes losing TRL is a major deal, but we knew it was coming. It just means that the "nice lady" isn't always going to be Judge Judy.

And no, that doesn't mean that Judge Jerry is moving in. Oof....

40. Mopardh9

Mopardh9 Team Owner

Then why doesn't say staff on Duty, who are all the mods, why the secret society?