Charlotte Eliminations postponed until Dallas

Nitro Dude

Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance
Nhra just postponed the rest of the pro eliminations until Dallas next week after V Gaines crashed his pro stock car. That was a tough way to win a round... But, i think Nhra is going to let him compete in Dallas with a new car.

Last edited:
They got less than 25% of the race in, but sunday ticketholders get only 50% off next year tickets. Seems to me, should be 75-80% off.

Track Prep problems again???and what was smoking at the top of the rear window????/

Was weather a problem? I don't know why that one crash would stop the show..

NHRA is setting a dangerous precedent and risking pissing off a lot of casual fans if they keep finishing the eliminations at the next race.

Do they have lights at Charlotte? Is a lack of lights why they keep doing this?

From what I watched in the telecast.. It was track conditions and then the rain. Yeah definitely seems stupid to continue at a different venue. Freaking camp out one or two extra nights if need be.

Work on fixing the track if need be.. Duh.

Track Prep problems again???and what was smoking at the top of the rear window????/
dad and I aren't sure. If I had to guess, it's a vent for something. Maybe transmission.

Most dragstrips have lights because Q2 is usually done on Friday night. In the words of a person that was there, "I think NHRA figured out that they ****** up and they got lucky that they had weather to blame it on."

Also, this -> http://competitionplus.com/drag-rac...lanned-to-withdraw-before-event-was-suspended

From what I watched in the telecast.. It was track conditions and then the rain. Yeah definitely seems stupid to continue at a different venue. Freaking camp out one or two extra nights if need be.
problem is, NHRA teams can't hang till monday like NASCAR does then go to the next event and load in on Thursday.

NASCAR teams can do it because most teams have a parts hauler, old engines and parts get offloaded at the destination track and new parts are loaded on. I've seen it first hand, just like cars are handed off, usually at same time.

Many NHRA teams have 1 backup car and 0 spare parts on the trailer, except for DSR, JFR, ect that have 9 18-wheelers for 4 cars. The pro-stock teams don't even carry spare cars usually. Like V-gaines said, they have to drive from charlotte to Denver, unload the dart, strip it and put parts on the avenger, load the avenger in the trailer, then come out here to dallas. Most of the teams are done if they lose a car in qualifying.

problem is, NHRA teams can't hang till monday like NASCAR does then go to the next event and load in on Thursday.

NASCAR teams can do it because most teams have a parts hauler, old engines and parts get offloaded at the destination track and new parts are loaded on. I've seen it first hand, just like cars are handed off, usually at same time.

Many NHRA teams have 1 backup car and 0 spare parts on the trailer, except for DSR, JFR, ect that have 9 18-wheelers for 4 cars. The pro-stock teams don't even carry spare cars usually. Like V-gaines said, they have to drive from charlotte to Denver, unload the dart, strip it and put parts on the avenger, load the avenger in the trailer, then come out here to dallas. Most of the teams are done if they lose a car in qualifying.

Yeah I didn't give logistics much thought... Lol

Okay, well, I guess I'm getting 2001 CART at Texas Motor Speedway vibes here. If they knew the track was unraceable, why did they decide to wait until halfway through the 3rd of 4 pro category first rounds to do something about it?

Why didn't they wait till tomorrow?
dad and I aren't sure. If I had to guess, it's a vent for something. Maybe transmission.

Most dragstrips have lights because Q2 is usually done on Friday night. In the words of a person that was there, "I think NHRA figured out that they ****** up and they got lucky that they had weather to blame it on."

Also, this -> http://competitionplus.com/drag-rac...lanned-to-withdraw-before-event-was-suspended
This is at least the 2nd time this year NHRA screwed up with the track and pissed off the Pro Stock guys.

Why didn't they wait till tomorrow?

That was an electrical wire that became exposed and shorted out from sliding on the roof. The team is in Denver today getting their old Avenger ready for Dallas this week. It is a good car and can run some decent numbers.

That was an electrical wire that became exposed and shorted out from sliding on the roof. The team is in Denver today getting their old Avenger ready for Dallas this week. It is a good car and can run some decent numbers.
Oh ok.I thought smoke from there looked a little odd.Thanks for clearing that up.

they sure didn't waste any time getting back...not that they have any to waste.

they sure didn't waste any time getting back...not that they have any to waste.
When i posted that i didn't mean the hauler was back in Denver yet...i just meant the rest of the team had flew back to get the old car ready.

With 2 drivers running max logbook time, it's possible to drive 16 nonstop hours but you have to take an 8 hour break isn't it? I thought each driver had to take 16 off for every 8 on.

With 2 drivers running max logbook time, it's possible to drive 16 nonstop hours but you have to take an 8 hour break isn't it? I thought each driver had to take 16 off for every 8 on.
Mag, a driver is allowed to drive 11 hours within a 14 hour time period and then you have to take 10 consecutive hours off duty, or 8 hours sleeper birth and 2 hours off duty. You also have to take a half hour break within the first 8 hours of driving.

so cross country is definitely doable in 48 hours (5.5 + 0.5 + 5.5 + 5.5 + 0.5 + 5.5 = 22 drive hours in 23 log hours *2 ) but it's not fun. I know from DFW to middle of florida can be done in 23 hours.

Back
Top Bottom