Chevrolet's new NASCAR MENCS Car unveiled next week

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
As we all know, the SS has been discontinued. My guess is they will bring the Malibu back since the Impala will probably soon be discontinued as well due to a shrinking market for large sedans.

2018-Chevy-Malibu-release-date.jpg

Already prepared for the picking apart that will occur when that first photo releases lol

Malibu's are OK looking sedans, but idk how a racecar version is going to look good.

Malibu is the only sensible option, and I think it will be a decent replacement

As we all know, the SS has been discontinued. My guess is they will bring the Malibu back since the Impala will probably soon be discontinued as well due to a shrinking market for large sedans.

2018-Chevy-Malibu-release-date.jpg

Cars are to the point where they all look alike, what model Chevy is in the picture (the only way I know it is a Chevy is by the Bow Tie on the grill) o_O

So, they are responding to changing buying habits? Say it ain't so. My, how progressive of them.:D

Chevy should run the Camaro, Ford the Mustang and Dodge should come back and run the Challeger. Then we would have something, we'd also be able to tell the brands apart. Give them a varying spoiler package, just like back in the 80s....of course Nascar isn't smart enough to do this.

Would you want a swap basically? The passenger cars in Xfinity with the muscle cars and Camry running in Cup?

I know it's a long shot but I'm hoping the Monte Carlo is brought back from the dead...

The is not much demand for the Impala so there would be next to no demand for a 2 door version.
I want it to be a Volt just to see people here lose their sh!t

I think the Volt along with the Sonic the Hedgehog and Impala are 3 of the 6 that will probably be getting the ax.

The is not much demand for the Impala so there would be next to no demand for a 2 door version.

I think the Volt along with the Sonic the Hedgehog and Impala are 3 of the 6 that will probably be getting the ax.

The Volt deserves the ax. My wife's Volt spent 8 out of 18 months in the shop. They never could fix the parking brake, or explain why the gas motor would start and run by itself hours after it was parked. Was a nice car....when it ran.

Traded it for a Rav4 that is bulletproof.

The Volt deserves the ax. My wife's Volt spent 8 out of 18 months in the shop. They never could fix the parking brake, or explain why the gas motor would start and run by itself hours after it was parked. Was a nice car....when it ran.

We had RAV4 electric cars at work. I hated them. PITA to get in and out of if you're 6'+ tall. I elected to drive the Chevy trucks. We had Ford Rangers too, but those were also uncomfortable.

Chevy should run the Camaro, Ford the Mustang and Dodge should come back and run the Challeger. Then we would have something, we'd also be able to tell the brands apart. Give them a varying spoiler package, just like back in the 80s....of course Nascar isn't smart enough to do this.
They don't look anything like their road counterparts in Xfinity. If it weren't for the decals you'd hardly be able to tell them apart from each other.

I actually think the Cup cars are more distinct from each other and more similar to the road cars.

They don't look anything like their road counterparts in Xfinity. If it weren't for the decals you'd hardly be able to tell them apart from each other.
I actually think the Cup cars are more distinct from each other and more similar to the road cars.
I didn't say make them look like the X cars. Model them after production cars of course, like 80s Nascar.

Electric & hybrid vehicles fell out of the popular market when the oil surplus hit & fuel prices plummeted.

They'll come back around once prices jump again.

Electric & hybrid vehicles fell out of the popular market when the oil surplus hit & fuel prices plummeted.

They'll come back around once prices jump again.
Pickups/SUVs/Crossovers are the popular ones right now, I do agree, when gas prices surge again, they will be popular again.

Pickups/SUVs/Crossovers are the popular ones right now, I do agree, when gas prices surge again, they will be popular again.

I live on an island with over 300 days of sun a year. I'm waiting to do the Tesla trifecta of the PV tile roof, Tesla Powerwall, and a Model 3 in the driveway.

But that Volt, what a p.o.s. that was (even the Chevy mechanics called them "unfixable").

Yuck. Talk about a downgrade, going from the SS to that freaking Malibu.

I love the Impala, but I think there's no chance it'll be Chevrolet's pick. I really dislike the Malibu, specifically that fugly front end. Idk what they were thinking with that front bumper cover/grille design. Hopefully the racecar version looks a lot better

Would you want a swap basically? The passenger cars in Xfinity with the muscle cars and Camry running in Cup?

Pretty much, yeah. Then they can experiment with v6's and turbos and whatnon on the economy cars in Xfinity while keeping the cup cars true to their roots; RWD V8's. Oh and this has pretty much been what manufacturers have been pushing for ever since the recession, it was NASCAR that said no to pony cars in cup in 2008. Something about them being a "better fit" in xfinity.

I live on an island with over 300 days of sun a year. I'm waiting to do the Tesla trifecta of the PV tile roof, Tesla Powerwall, and a Model 3 in the driveway.

But that Volt, what a p.o.s. that was (even the Chevy mechanics called them "unfixable").

Yes, the Volt was a big POS

I live in that other place in the US that gets sun around 300 days a year, I could see myself considering doing the trifecta from Tesla.

Slim to none. Two-door cars are more rare than cars that are RWD V-8s.
Yeah, the last remaining non-luxury brand mid-size coupe, the Honda Accord, just got killed off for the 2018 model year. There's just not a market for mid-size coupes anymore.

Back
Top Bottom