Chevy Cosworth test

P

PettyBenson

have not heard anything offical, but what I have heard is good news!

Panther Racing with Sam Hornish was to run the new chevy cosworth at Chicago this week. I think they did not get a full test becasue of weather but i hear the car was much faster than the old. If this is true and the new chevy cosworth is race ready they will still have to get it approved from the IRL and more than likely would not be on the track for another month or two, that is if everything goes well.

SO lets hope that the test went well and they are ready to send it to the IRL for approval. But that still means that alot of racing will happen before it is able to race, Chevy Cosworth must have motors built for every team before any team can run them in a race! But good things are for those who wait, and the Chevy teams have been waiting for a long time!

From Robin Miller :rolleyes:

Cozzie IRL report
Nobody from Cosworth or Panther Racing would comment on Friday's IRL test at Chicago but word is it was hugely successful.

Because Chevrolet has been totally out-classed by Toyota and Honda this season, it approached Cosworth about trying its 3.5-liter, normally-aspirated, never-been-run IRL engine.

Cosworth, which supplies all the turbocharged engines for CART's Champ Car series, provided Panther and Sam Hornish Jr. with an engine for a test. The two-time IRL champ, yet to lead a lap in 2003, reportedly trimmed out the Chevy and reached a top speed. Then he hopped into the Cosworth and, in only 10 laps, went five mph faster than the Chevy.

If GM wants to keep any customers for 2004, it's got to make the switch -- which would still need to be OK'd by the IRL.

:punkrocker: rock n' roll!

great news. That is about as smart as move as you can make. They said big improvements were coming, boy I guess they wern't bluffing with that. Looking forward to the development of this.

Chevy-Cosworth....hmmm...isn't that an oxymoron? Sorry, couldn't help myself.

that does sound bizzare. hehe.

I wonder if the guys on the Chevy project has to bring the guys on the Ford F1 engines their coffee. Or I wonder how lunch time works, the Chevy guys at the end of the line and have to sit in the back or what. hehe. and this is coming from a chevy guy :lol:

Back
Top Bottom