Chevy Likely To Clinch Manufacturer's Championship

SlicedBread22

#TeamJL
Chevy can clinch Manufacturers' Championship: Chevy can clinch its 11th consecutive NSCS Manufacturers' Championship, and 37th overall, this weekend at Martinsville. If Chevy's top finishing driver finishes ahead of Toyota's top finishing driver, Chevy will clinch the title in the first year of the Gen-6 race car.(NASCAR)(10-24-2013)

From jayski.com

Ah yes: death, taxes, and Chevy winning the manufacturer's championship. ;)

Even if Chevy does take the manufacturer's title, I'm still hoping Toyota can beat them in wins for the season. They're tied at 13 apiece right now.

Even if Chevy does take the manufacturer's title, I'm still hoping Toyota can beat them in wins for the season. They're tied at 13 apiece right now.
Anytime anyone can beat Chevy in anything. I'm all for it :)

Pretty much. Ho hum, move along, nothing to see here, folks.

I must confess that in all my years of watching NASCAR, I didn't even know how they calculated the manufacturer's points until I Googled it just now. They just take the highest finishing driver for each manufacturer and award them 9, 6, and 4 points accordingly. I thought they added up the points of all the different drivers in the race and awarded them to their respective manufacturers. I don't know why I thought that, since that would be an incredibly unfair and idiotic way to do it, but in my defense, I never said I was the sharpest knife in the drawer. LOL.

"Chevy Likely To Clinch Manufacturer's Championship"

What do you expect when all the really good drivers drive Chevrolets?

PFSLky4.jpg

Its good that Chevrolet wins it. Toyota needs a flush and a re-hire somewhere down the line

Thats why he's a Cup Champion contender huh? Just yankin your chain.:D

I know you are Johali, I dont mind a bit of kidding around you know. :)

BTW Kyle has won more races this year than any other driver. he has proven himself to be the cream of the crop. His wins in all three of the top divisions speak for themselves. Rowdy Does rule :p

I know you are Johali, I dont mind a bit of kidding around you know. :)

BTW Kyle has won more races this year than any other driver. he has proven himself to be the cream of the crop. His wins in all three of the top divisions speak for themselves. Rowdy Does rule :p
Nope. Second and third string races don't count.

Pretty much. Ho hum, move along, nothing to see here, folks.

I must confess that in all my years of watching NASCAR, I didn't even know how they calculated the manufacturer's points until I Googled it just now. They just take the highest finishing driver for each manufacturer and award them 9, 6, and 4 points accordingly. I thought they added up the points of all the different drivers in the race and awarded them to their respective manufacturers. I don't know why I thought that, since that would be an incredibly unfair and idiotic way to do it, but in my defense, I never said I was the sharpest knife in the drawer. LOL.

That's how I thought it was too, but now that I think about it, it would be biased towards the manufacturer with the most cars in the field. I can imagine the manufacturers themselves pushed for the current system, because they're only represented by the best cars with their badge on the front.

Back
Top Bottom