Chicagoland This Weekend

17_Fan

I'm really looking forward to the IRL race this weekend. The IRL race at Chicagoland has been the best event by far that they have held at that facility since it opened up three years ago. Excellent side by side racing and close finishes. I've been a fan of Sam Hornish's since I started going to this race.

But I'll miss not going to this race next year since we have decided that three years of headaches at Chicagoland Speedway is enough. I'm disappointed that it still takes as long to get into and out of the track on Winston Cup Sundays as it does at Michigan. (MIS holds twice as many people). Unlike all the other tracks I have attended for Winston Cup races, we can't bring in coolers (no big deal), but we also can't bring in any food either. We have to buy all the tickets for every race in order to get the ones we want. (Most people only want the Winston Cup tickets). I'm 6'1" & when those stands are full, there isn't much leg room for a guy like me, must be worse for people that are taller than me. One nice thing is that this Saturday the stands will only be half full for the ARCA race and about 3/4's full on Sunday for the IRL race.

So far all the stock car races have been yawners there, in fact I think they should be paying us to sit there and watch the ARCA race. What a waste of a series. By lap ten, half of the field will be a lap down. I'd rather spend my money watching the ASA or NASCAR Midwest Series at a 1/2 mile bullring.

Since I live an hour drive away from Milwaukee, I'm glad that the IRL has decided to run a race at the Mile next year. My only hope is that the ticket price is comparable to Chicago's, otherwise I'm not 100% sure I'll go. IMO, the Mile charges way too much for the CART series race it has there. Besides comparing the CART ticket at the Mile to what is listed on the IRL ticket for Chicagoland, I'm also comparing them to what I pay for Winston Cup tickets.

The icing on the cake was Saturday. Came back to my truck & some a**hole ripped off my #17 decals. I can't be 100% sure, but I have a funny feeling I know who this idiot's favorite WC driver is. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. When a driver's fan base is 50% butt holes and there are 50 million of them, that's 25 million butt holes out there running around.

Back
Top Bottom