Chicagoland

VaDirt

Dirt Track Fanatic
The last 25 laps of this race were just about as good as you get, and the last 10 were even better. Can't remember the last time I saw the finish so close, at any race, where the second place guy (based on electronic scoring) was awareded the win based on a photo finish. (and how can ya not like Helio?!)

Anyone who says Indycar racing is boring needs to have their head examined. IRL race has closer racing than the COT can even dream about...

It was an amazing race! It makes it really disappointing that it was the last one of the season, definitely the kind of race that makes you anxious for 'next week'. They really have a group of competitive drivers and hopefully over the next couple of years we'll see open wheel racing back at the top!
Congrats to Dixon on a well deserved championship!

They are going to Surfers Paradise in October, but for a non-points race (I guess), but it's not an oval.

I had to leave and head off to work with 25 to go. I got there to see the replays. What a fininsh. Bill France oughta take a lesson on how to run competitive series.

It was an amazing race! It makes it really disappointing that it was the last one of the season, definitely the kind of race that makes you anxious for 'next week'. They really have a group of competitive drivers and hopefully over the next couple of years we'll see open wheel racing back at the top!
Congrats to Dixon on a well deserved championship!

That was definitly one of the best races i have seen in quite some time.

Well what it does is set up 2009 for big expectations. 2009 is gonna be great even better than this year. Now that the champ car teams have had a year on ovals i expected them to be more competitive. With Dario Franchiti coming back it will be like watching open wheel racing back in the good old days.

I got back from Chicagoland not too long ago. What a race! Open wheel on ovals is what its about! Congrats to Helio for the race win and congrats to Scott Dixon on winning the championship.

I was hoping Danica would of placed higher. She ran fast all weekend. She had to pit under green for fuel which caused her to slip out of the top 5 for sure.

I got to talk with Danica all weekend. I had a great time. Here are a couple pictures of me and her. The 2nd pic is of her holding up the Wheaties box I had made up for her with her picture on it. She deserves to be on a Wheaties box!!:D

Attachments

• IMG_0525.jpg
    IMG_0525.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0526.jpg
    IMG_0526.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 157
Best race all year from any series. That was the most exciting last 20 laps that I have ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom