Chili Bowl

VaDirt

Dirt Track Fanatic
Chili Bowl starts next Tuesday! Wonder if Swindell will get a new one for the next hand.

(if you don't know, he won his unprecedented 5th the year before last, calling it "one for the thumb.")

Chili Bowl! Leaving here at 5:30 in the morning! Nothing but 4 straight days of racing await!!!

So far, so awesome! Wednesday nights feature couldn't get any better. Three cars cross coming to the finish line three wide, one of them crosses it upside down.

Kevin Swindell won the race for the second straight year, holding off his father Sammy.

Kevin Swindell is going to compete, at least part time, in the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards in 2011 after a second place finish at The Rock last October.

Kevin Swindell won the race for the second straight year, holding off his father Sammy.

Kevin Swindell is going to compete, at least part time, in the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards in 2011 after a second place finish at The Rock last October.

Keven raced at Western Springs last year........Sammy was here 2 weeks ago and of course Micheal Pickens (3rd) has it as his home track. Last year 3 of the top 5 had just been at WS 2 weeks before.......notice a pattern? :beerbang:

Daryn Pittmann, driver for Heffner Racing and the #27 sprint my son co-sponsors during the regular season, drove the #21, sponsored by Bob Hurley Ford, in the Chili Bowl.

Pittmann won his heat, finished 2nd in the A Qualifier, 5th in A Main, 4th in B Main and 10th in feature. Pretty good considering all the competition and top names.

I'm still trying to get a handle on how they line up after qualifying, which heat they go in and which qualifier then main they race in after the heat, etc.. Maybe one day I'll get it.

Does anyone know how many entries there were for the entire event?

FWIW, Heffner Racing runs approx. 75 to 80 races in the season and race with the PA Posse, WoW events and others. Pittmann finished 2nd to Jason Meyers in the WoO Finale at Charlotte. Pittmann is signed on for another year with Heffner Racing.
http://heffnerracing.com/
http://darynpittman.com/results.htm

256 entries...this many
http://www.chilibowl.com/2011chilibowlentries.asp
I'm still trying to get a handle on how they line up after qualifying, which heat they go in and which qualifier then main they race in after the heat, etc.. Maybe one day I'll get it.
I'm the same...clear as mud to me

Clutch, go to the daily results and at the top of each event, it lists how many go to the next event and what that event is. I get screwed up with how they fare if they do not make the top three or five or whatever. In the case with Pittmann, he won his heat so that gives him top billing in another event and a front row starting position. When he finished fifth in the A Main, I had to scour the remaining events for his car number/name but never did find out where he started in the feature.

Clutch, go to the daily results and at the top of each event, it lists how many go to the next event and what that event is. I get screwed up with how they fare if they do not make the top three or five or whatever. In the case with Pittmann, he won his heat so that gives him top billing in another event and a front row starting position. When he finished fifth in the A Main, I had to scour the remaining events for his car number/name but never did find out where he started in the feature.

One thing you're all missing is that the qualifying nights are all done by passing points. So starting on the pole and winning your race doesn't do you much good. If someone starts 12th in his heat and wins finishes second, he gets 143 points, where the winner that started on the pole would onl end up with 100 points.

On qualifying nights, the only time position comes into play is the top three finishers in the B go to the A, and the top 3 in the A are locked into Staurdays feature.

One thing you're all missing is that the qualifying nights are all done by passing points. So starting on the pole and winning your race doesn't do you much good. If someone starts 12th in his heat and wins finishes second, he gets 143 points, where the winner that started on the pole would onl end up with 100 points.

On qualifying nights, the only time position comes into play is the top three finishers in the B go to the A, and the top 3 in the A are locked into Staurdays feature.

Thats reallty interesting info VA...thanks

and if you know a good place to get tickets for next year please let me know

Back
Top Bottom