Chris Buescher in 2nd JTG seat

cheesepuffs

Team Owner
Chris Buescher to 2nd JTG Daughtery team: Greg Biffle's decision to leave Roush-Fenway Racing Monday triggered a chain reaction that will include the slumping racing company loaning driver Chris Buescher to a rival manufacturer next season. Buescher will drive for a newly-created second Chevy team at JTG Daughtery Racing in 2017. Roush Fenway is expected to scuttle Biffle's #16 team, and that could make that team's charter available to the highest bidder - including the new JTG Daughtery entry. Despite fielding fulltime teams for Biffle, Ricky Stenhouse Jr. and Trevor Bayne, Roush Fenway hasn't won a race since 2014. By loaning Buescher to JTG Daugherty next year, Ford Racing will be able to work on upgrades with Roush Fenway while keeping one of its young drivers under contract. "I just couldn't do this anymore," Biffle told the Times-Union. "I've been the one carrying the company banner. I've been the one who kept re-signing. I was all of those things. But it just didn't get any better. I didn't see a light at the end of the tunnel, so I decided I'd rather do something else - even if it means not driving anymore. I just didn't want to run 25th every week." Biffle said he doesn't have any definite plans for next year, but he hopes to be in a competitive car. "My passion is to drive a car that's capable of winning," he said. "If I had to bet, that's what I'll be doing next year."(Florida Times Union)(11-21-2016)

I hope Buescher gets out soon. Come on penske, HMS, anyone!! This kid is legit, don't let him rot with roush

Who knows how long his contract with Roush or Ford is, but I'd like to see that contract run out and keep him at JTG longterm (they'll be on the upswing) or hold out just until Danica retires and then maybe Ford can stick him in the 10.

UPDATE: From Bob Pockrass Twitter: "Tad Geschickter says nothing done yet as far as plans for second JTG car next year."(11-22-2016)

Buescher might be the most talented of all the young guns. He deserves a decent ride somewhere.

I have a feeling this will not be officially announced for months and he'll just show up in Daytona with this car nobody will hear anything of it since this stuff

Got to make sure sponsors are ready before announcing, "Hey, we have a car for a 36 race season that's not really funded."

Whoops.
Of course, that could very well be the case here.

I think Buescher is probably just as good. Bowman was in HMS equipment while Buescher was in Front Row crap.
Buescher has to stay in a Ford. I wonder which is a better ride, a new JTGD seat or the Petty #44? And would either of them prefer Biffle? He'd bring more experience, but like also request a bigger paycheck. As a start-up team, I'd definitely prefer the more experienced driver, but when you're already facing the costs of a charter then the cheaper kid may be all you can afford. And Biffle has more freedom of choice. He isn't obligated to sit in a Ford, or even race if he doesn't find a situation that suits him.

Buescher has to stay in a Ford. I wonder which is a better ride, a new JTGD seat or the Petty #44? And would either of them prefer Biffle? He'd bring more experience, but like also request a bigger paycheck. As a start-up team, I'd definitely prefer the more experienced driver, but when you're already facing the costs of a charter then the cheaper kid may be all you can afford. And Biffle has more freedom of choice. He isn't obligated to sit in a Ford, or even race if he doesn't find a situation that suits him.

Buescher is under contract with Roush but JTG is and will still be a Chevy team. They might loan him away to somebody else but apparently it doesnt have to be a Ford team, oddly enough.

Back
Top Bottom