Christmas already? Earlier every year.

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
The first signs I saw were walking into Sam’s Club the beginning of October. Now, everywhere we go, there are signs of Christmas. Don’t get me wrong, I like the holiday season but could we wait just a little longer to get the season started?

The first signs I saw were walking into Sam’s Club the beginning of October. Now, everywhere we go, there are signs of Christmas. Don’t get me wrong, I like the holiday season but could we wait just a little longer to get the season started?
That's what you get for having snow in late October. It's white Christmas time. :D

Yeah --- I just turn my head and ignore it --- as best I can.
What really has me noticing it are all of the car commercials this time of the year. During our local news broadcasts, morning and night, they constantly play holiday themed car commercials. I find myself humming Christmas Carols/Songs uncontrollably. Earworms! :mad:

Heard this one the other day....
LOL

IAs my kids grew into adults I became the Grinch. I am no longer a Grinch. I'm as excited as they are!
mail

Since the family is getting more and more scattered, for the first time we decided to celebrate Christmas as
well on Thanksgiving since everyone will be together then. So come Monday before Thanksgiving ,
we will be in full decorating mode tree and all in the house. The Matriarch (my mother)gets what she wants!

Since the family is getting more and more scattered, for the first time we decided to celebrate Christmas as
well on Thanksgiving since everyone will be together then. So come Monday before Thanksgiving ,
we will be in full decorating mode tree and all in the house. The Matriarch (my mother)gets what she wants!
We tend to celebrate Thanksgiving, or Christmas, whenever we can all get together. It may be a day or two before, or after the actual day.
Doesn't matter to us --- as long as we get together.

I bought a 7 ft tree from a friend here. I paid 8 bucks for it in a yard sale. I'm glad I did. Won't have much money to decorate it but ill work my magic and show you all. It'll go up shortly after Thanksgiving.

PS. I didn't bring any Christmas stuff when I moved in Sept.

I bought a 7 ft tree from a friend here. I paid 8 bucks for it in a yard sale. I'm glad I did. Won't have much money to decorate it but ill work my magic and show you all. It'll go up shortly after Thanksgiving.

PS. I didn't bring any Christmas stuff when I moved in Sept.
That's a good deal!

Two neighbors across the street already have their trees up. I mean dam 2 weeks before Thanksgiving. ..really!! When I was a kid we always bought a tree 2 weeks before Christmas and left it up until New Years.

When I first moved into a place by myself, I put my Christmas stuff up the day after Halloween just because I was happy to finally be able to decorate everything myself. Now, I usually wait till at least a week before Thanksgiving. I did just buy my "tree" today though. I'm going with a different style, wooden wall tree type thing this year. I gave my cat a chance the past couple of years by using your traditional Christmas tree and she can't seem to leave it alone, so I've given up on those.

I am really looking forward to christmas this year. I miss my Jennifer so much. I dont know how I'm going to react next month, probably not well. I already cry now.

I am still excited to decorate my tree though.

A few years ago I opted out of the dog and pony show Christmas had become and I have not regretted it. I am really happy for the people that enjoy the traditions, decorating and get together's but after so many years of it I'd had my fill. If I had small children I was responsible for it would be a different matter but I don't so it is Christmas Day my way which looks like a couple of ball games including the Eagles and Cowboys in the evening.

A few years ago I opted out of the dog and pony show Christmas had become and I have not regretted it. I am really happy for the people that enjoy the traditions, decorating and get together's but after so many years of it I'd had my fill. If I had small children I was responsible for it would be a different matter but I don't so it is Christmas Day my way which looks like a couple of ball games including the Eagles and Cowboys in the evening.
I hear that, i just got married again in July, so this will be our real first Christmas together, so going to get a tree and all...but keep it low key with a few presents, but not going to go crazy with all the family stuff...nice and quiet.

I miss when I was a kid and we had a house full of Aunts, Uncles and cousins. Ate dinner in shifts and of course it was a big deal when you left the kids table and were seated with the adults! Most of the Aunts and Uncles are gone now and most of the cousins are scattered all across the country.
Great times again when my kids were small. But as they grew the ''dog and pony'' show as you said again lost it's luster.
But now there's the grandkids, twin boys and I have completely lost my mind. I hope to never find it either!

I miss when I was a kid and we had a house full of Aunts, Uncles and cousins. Ate dinner in shifts and of course it was a big deal when you left the kids table and were seated with the adults! Most of the Aunts and Uncles are gone now and most of the cousins are scattered all across the country.
Great times again when my kids were small. But as they grew the ''dog and pony'' show as you said again lost it's luster.
But now there's the grandkids, twin boys and I have completely lost my mind. I hope to never find it either!

I am glad that things have worked their way around for you where all the hoopla is an enjoyable time. I really enjoy Thanksgiving and seem to more and more each year as for me there is more time to enjoy others and more space to do it in and places we can go.

Back
Top Bottom