Christmas Eve in my 'hood.

Whizzer

Gig'em
Each year, right around Thanksgiving, volunteers visit neighbors and ask how many luminaries they want for Christmas Eve. It is strictly voluntary to participate but most everyone does and those snowbirds still in flight or preparing to get here usually make arrangements ahead of time for a neighbor or friend to get the luminaries and put them in place. Around dusk, all are in place and lit. What a beautiful sight!! In previous years there was a house here and there without any luminaries but this year was different as the entire boulevard that runs the length of our community, all common property bordering a road and nearly every house had a display of luminaries lining the street. This video clip is the street from my driveway but it looks a lot prettier on a computer screen than a cell phone.

It’s too bad Florida is in Florida.

Merry Xmas, Whizzer. 😎 I owe you a pm.

It’s too bad Florida is in Florida.

Merry Xmas, Whizzer. 😎 I owe you a pm.
I know whatcha mean. Never thought I would end up here. My parents retired near here in the '60's and after spending vacations visiting them when our kids were small swore I'd never retire here yet here we are and if it were not for the community we live in doubtful I'd stay in Florida. But I said, "never" once before and here I am.

Back
Top Bottom