Coffee & the Keurig - My coffee isn't compatable! Are you freaking kidding me?

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
I have to have my coffee in the morning. It's been that way for a long, long time. Nothing special. Just plain, simple cheap a$$ coffee. Folgers, Maxwell House..... What ever is cheaper. Just the basics. Starbucks..... No thanks. Don't need to spend lots of money on a simple cup of coffee.

Then comes the Keurig. My wife and daughter but more so my daughter have wanted one of these things for years. I've always said that I can't see spending that kind of money on a damn coffee maker when my 12-cup Mr. Coffee brewer, that costs about $29 @ Walmart, works just fine. As what usually happens, what women want, women get. My house now has a Keurig coffee dispenser sitting on the kitchen counter. Not just any Keurig, the Keurig 2.0 - K500 model. The latest and greatest of highly overpriced, commercialized kitchen appliances. :mad:

Flash forward a couple weeks..... So I'm making my morning cup of coffee at our kitchen's Keurig 2.0 coffee center where my old faithful Mr. Coffee maker once sat. I've come to like the speed of this new machine and consistency of each brew. Thinking to myself, there's got to be a way to put that cheap a$$ coffee into this thing so I'm not wasting money because of these stupid little proprietary coffee packets. I take a quick look online and see that yes there are reusable devices that you can place your cheap coffee in and brew the basic cup of coffee. I asked my wife to look into buying one of those and low and behold she came home with one from Walmart that cost about $4. Today was the first day that I decided to try it. I get out my cheap coffee and place the correct amount into the little k-cup type dispenser. I open up the Keurig and place the little k-cup into the machine. Finally, a way to drink the cheap stuff and beat the system.

Wait a second. What the hell is this? My new k-cup dispenser is not compatible with the Keurig 2.0! Are you freaking serious? The damn thing will not use the reusable k-cup because it is not an approved device for our Keurig 2.0 system. :mad::mad:

Back to the internet. YouTube. What a wonderful tool when used properly. In a matter of minutes I find that there is a video out there named, Keurig 2.0 refillable Filter Cup Hack. Really, there has to be a 'hack' for me to enjoy a normal, everyday cup of coffee. What is wrong with this world?

Now, where's that damn glue gun?

Stay tuned.....

Wait a second. What the hell is this? My new k-cup dispenser is not compatible with the Keurig 2.0! Are you freaking serious? The damn thing will not use the reusable k-cup because it is not an approved device for our Keurig 2.0 system. :mad::mad:

Back to the internet. YouTube. What a wonderful tool when used properly. In a matter of minutes I find that there is a video out there named, Keurig 2.0 refillable Filter Cup Hack. Really, there has to be a 'hack' for me to enjoy a normal, everyday cup of coffee. What is wrong with this world?

Are you serious? A hack to drink a cup of coffee? Wow! :XXROFL:

Ahh, modern technology. Gotta love it. I guarantee that you'll find this a lot funnier after all is said and done and you do finally get some coffee in you. Good luck. :)

I'm with you, dpk about the over-priced coffee pot. I can not justify spending that kind of money for 2 cups of coffee every morning.
So, I buy my favorite coffee in the K-cups, open 2 of them, pour the coffee into the basket of my little Mr. Coffee, and bingo --- coffee that
tastes the same every morning. I wish I could buy my favorite Green Mountain by the pound, but they don't sell it.

Coffee? My Bride and I were out driving the other day when she said, "I would love a cup of coffee." So me, wanting to please her, said, "I'll look for a place because the only thing in the vicinity is a Starbucks and I refuse to pay $4.00 for a cup of their coffee". She noted my disdain for Starbucks and responded by saying, "I doubt they'll miss your business" and pointed to the Starbucks stand alone building and the line around the building and out onto the street of the shopping mall of people waiting to get to the drive-in window. I stopped counting at thirteen vehicles.
Gotta say, I don't like their coffee but obviously a lot of people do and are willing to pay the price. Go figure ...

I have to have my coffee in the morning. It's been that way for a long, long time. Nothing special. Just plain, simple cheap a$$ coffee. Folgers, Maxwell House..... What ever is cheaper. Just the basics. Starbucks..... No thanks. Don't need to spend lots of money on a simple cup of coffee.

Then comes the Keurig. My wife and daughter but more so my daughter have wanted one of these things for years. I've always said that I can't see spending that kind of money on a damn coffee maker when my 12-cup Mr. Coffee brewer, that costs about $29 @ Walmart, works just fine. As what usually happens, what women want, women get. My house now has a Keurig coffee dispenser sitting on the kitchen counter. Not just any Keurig, the Keurig 2.0 - K500 model. The latest and greatest of highly overpriced, commercialized kitchen appliances. :mad:

Flash forward a couple weeks..... So I'm making my morning cup of coffee at our kitchen's Keurig 2.0 coffee center where my old faithful Mr. Coffee maker once sat. I've come to like the speed of this new machine and consistency of each brew. Thinking to myself, there's got to be a way to put that cheap a$$ coffee into this thing so I'm not wasting money because of these stupid little proprietary coffee packets. I take a quick look online and see that yes there are reusable devices that you can place your cheap coffee in and brew the basic cup of coffee. I asked my wife to look into buying one of those and low and behold she came home with one from Walmart that cost about $4. Today was the first day that I decided to try it. I get out my cheap coffee and place the correct amount into the little k-cup type dispenser. I open up the Keurig and place the little k-cup into the machine. Finally, a way to drink the cheap stuff and beat the system.

Stay tuned.....

I just buy the Foldgers keurig cups. You can find deals for them online.

I'm with TRL. My wife buys all this coffee with caramel, chocolate, mint, pumpkin spice (although this ones not bad) and many other artificial flavors. I keep telling her to quit screwing up my coffee. My Eight-o-clock coffee has just the right flavor and aroma with just enough caffeine to get me through the day so leave it alone.

I can buy Monsters at Sams for $1.25 a piece
I also shop @ Sams for coffee. Not sure how many pots of coffee can be made from one of their containers of coffee but I'd be willing to bet that I can still brew my cheap coffee for far less than that.

My fav is Green Mountain Breakfast Blend. Since I don't need the high octane, I buy regular Blend and Decaf Blend. I use 1 of each in my
little drip coffee maker to make my own 1/2 caf. Full decaffeinated coffee just doesn't have any flavor.
Cost per day for 2 cups --- about $1.10

Um, this "hack" is stupid. You can just put ground coffee into the basket that comes with the Kuereg.

Now as far as the Keureg goes, I WANT ONE. A couple weeks ago, and actually on more than one occasion, I did NOT have time to wait for the pot to finish brewing before I had to leave, so I poured the little bit that had brewed and off I went. Worst coffee I ever had.

Um, this "hack" is stupid. You can just put ground coffee into the basket that comes with the Kuereg.

Now as far as the Keureg goes, I WANT ONE. A couple weeks ago, and actually on more than one occasion, I did NOT have time to wait for the pot to finish brewing before I had to leave, so I poured the little bit that had brewed and off I went. Worst coffee I ever had.
Don't know about the older models but there is no basket that comes with that new model. The 'hack' is the workaround for it and the whole reason that I created the thread.

When I was a kid the A&P supermarkets and others had a coffee section where you could buy a pre-bagged pound or pick out and grind your own. They had a big commercial grinder where you could weigh and mix your own blend of beans, put a bag under the filler in the grinder, push the button, seal the bag and voila, coffee to go. And it was a little cheaper than the ready bags. The smell in those stores from the minute you walked through the front doors was amazing. And I'm with DP, Folgers or Maxwell house is fine by me and black with nothing added.

8oclock.jpg

Not until McDonald's start producing K-cups will I buy a Keurig. Man, I'm hooked on that coffee :D

Near beer! What we had when I was in Kansas. 3.2 alcohol content IIRC.

Allow me to introduce you to the world's most wonderful invention: The tea bag.

surely there has to be a way to screw that up too. I have two percolators, no crappy filters to screw with, one is electric and one of them works off the gas stove when the power goes out, or over the campfire to make cowboy coffee. Grounds go in the compost pile.

From Keurig.....

Question
Will there be anything similar to the My K-Cup® reusable filter for the Keurig® 2.0 Brewer?

Answer
The Keurig® 2.0 brewer is the first Keurig® brewer to feature Keurig 2.0 Brewing Technology™ to brew a cup and a carafe. Keurig 2.0 Brewing Technology™ enables the brewer to recognize the inserted Keurig® pack and optimize to the recommended, customized setting for that particular beverage.

The My K-Cup® accessory, due to the nature of its design, cannot be made with Keurig 2.0 Brewing Technology™ and will therefore not operate with the new Keurig® 2.0 system.

We will continue to ensure our beverage pack portfolio is priced competitively in the marketplace and offers a wide range of options for more cost-conscious consumers.

Translation
You're screwed!

Coffee? My Bride and I were out driving the other day when she said, "I would love a cup of coffee." So me, wanting to please her, said, "I'll look for a place because the only thing in the vicinity is a Starbucks and I refuse to pay $4.00 for a cup of their coffee". She noted my disdain for Starbucks and responded by saying, "I doubt they'll miss your business" and pointed to the Starbucks stand alone building and the line around the building and out onto the street of the shopping mall of people waiting to get to the drive-in window. I stopped counting at thirteen vehicles.
Gotta say, I don't like their coffee but obviously a lot of people do and are willing to pay the price. Go figure ...
I never got the Starbucks craze either. Not only is it expensive, it's also kinda nasty. IMO, the 99¢ convenience store coffee tastes 10x better.

I never got the Starbucks craze either. Not only is it expensive, it's also kinda nasty. IMO, the 99¢ convenience store coffee tastes 10x better.
I detest any flavored coffee. And even more detestable, the PRICE people pay for that stuff.
Give me a cup of coffee, black with a hint of sugar.

TODAY IS NATIONAL COFFEE DAY. That is real coffee not that vanilla, cinnamon, strawberry etc stuff. :D

I had spent a couple weeks working in Columbia and they had the best coffee I ever tasted, even from one of those 30 cup brewers. So I pay a little extra for 100% Columbian for my thermos; it's still cheaper than going to a coffee shop. I don't like flavored coffee but I do like to grind whole beans on weekends to try out some different brews (kinda like craft beers).

Back
Top Bottom