College Basketball 2019-2020

Puts a damper on things for sure. Don't know if it's happening in FL and not to derail or fear monger, but almost all of the universities out here in CA are suspending classes to online-only. Duke and Ohio State have too. Seems the outdoor sports have caught a break versus indoor so far, except Washington state governor just banned gatherings of 250+. You could hit up The Players Championship on Thursday, golf and nascar still full go.
I have tickets to St. Pete this weekend too, so far that’s still on.

I'm currently watching the Patriot League Final! This is our last chance to watch a college bball game with an electric atmosphere...

Just finished watching DePaul/Xavier and Iona/St. Peter's. Maybe the last competitive basketball we will see for sometime...I anticipate early Friday we'll see the reports trickling in of conference tournaments being called off entirely with eventually the Big Dance being cancelled.

Yeah I'm leaning canceled too. More has happened, and they announced fanless before NBA decided to suspend.

Wondering why Hoiberg was not removing himself immediately....

There's games scheduled to start in less than 12 hours. I have to think the NCAA will make a decision VERY soon now that tonight's games have all been concluded.

Just finished watching DePaul/Xavier and Iona/St. Peter's. Maybe the last competitive basketball we will see for sometime...I anticipate early Friday we'll see the reports trickling in of conference tournaments being called off entirely with eventually the Big Dance being cancelled.

Me too! I tried to savor every moment! Sports are a HUGE part of my life, especially college athletics. While this really hurts for strictly selfless reasons i have perspective....

America East tournament final will be played without fans.

America East has cancelled the championship game

Cancelation has to be coming Duke has taken itself out of the tournament.

Does this mean Kansas will be crowned champs since they are ranked #1?

I’m sure they could claim it - #1 in KenPom and #2 in NET as well - but I don’t think they’ll go through the trouble of doing that. The NCAA and AP won’t award anything so it’ll just be vacant for a year is most likely.

KU will (or should) be the AP National Champion. I doubt that the NCAA will recognize them as National Champs though, ESPECIALLY since it's Kansas. Sucks for me as a fan, but it is what it is.

Props to Duke and Kansas for pulling out of the tournament before the NCAA decided to waive the flag, they essentially forced their hand. NCAA gets exposed as a greed based organization again.

This might be even worse than UCF’s 2017 football “national championship”. Florida strikes again.

I hate this damn state more times than not, yikes.

Rick Pitino is taking over at Iona. Apparently he had serious interest in the Providence job last year had Ed Cooley replaced John Beilien instead of Juwan Howard. He also reached out to Holy Cross about their opening in 2019 but the school showed no interest. Based on his desire to coach in the Northeast and the fact he wasn't getting a big time gig Iona's not a bad landing spot. He'll have fringe Top 25 success there.

Rick Pitino is taking over at Iona. Apparently he had serious interest in the Providence job last year had Ed Cooley replaced John Beilien instead of Juwan Howard. He also reached out to Holy Cross about their opening in 2019 but the school showed no interest. Based on his desire to coach in the Northeast and the fact he wasn't getting a big time gig Iona's not a bad landing spot. He'll have fringe Top 25 success there.
Iona will be back on top of the MAAC in a heartbeat.

Back
Top Bottom