College Football 2016

utvol0427

Team Owner
I thought we had a thread going, but it may have been lost when the board was down.

So, what is everyone expecting from their team this year? Who do you see winning the national championship? Who takes home the Heisman?

I'm expecting Watson to win the Heisman and lead Clemson to the NC. I see Stanford, Oklahoma, and Ohio State as the other playoff teams. Other teams to watch out for are Florida State, LSU, and Michigan. The biggest thing holding LSU and Michigan back is the QB position. If either team can get solid play there, they could both challenge for a spot in the playoff. As for FSU, the only thing standing between them and the playoffs is Clemson. If they can figure out a way to slow down Watson, then they may make it in.

As for Tennessee, based on talent and experience, Tennessee should win the SEC East and play in Atlanta for the conference championship, but I expect them to drop 2-3 of the Florida, Georgia, A&M, and Alabama games. Playing those four games in four consecutive weeks will be tough. I see another New Year's Day Bowl to finish out the season.

A week into fall camp and everyone is saying our defense should be elite. Apparently, the Shoop hire is already paying off. The receivers are also being talked up, but no mention of Dobbs improving his accuracy. Hopefully, talented receivers can overcome his shortcomings.

18 days until the best sport in the country kicks off.

Ohio State was ranked 6th in the preseason rankings. I forget who it was that did those particular rankings. Ya know, who knows what the Buckeyes will do. I will always cheer for them but some years they shoot themselves in the foot.

Vermont will go undefeated again, but still get no recognition

I expect Florida's offense to be much better than last year's post-Grier "offense". Tennessee and UGA will be tough competition though. I've felt uneasy about the Tennessee game for years now but we know how that always pans out...I think this might actually be the year though. Fresh QB in a tough road environment going against the Vols' best team in years. I'd say 35-65 in favor of the Vols at this point.

Anything less than 10-2 for USF would be a disappointment, in my opinion. This could be our best team ever, with an outside shot at earning the G5 bid for a New Year's Six bowl.

It's been quite a while since I've been this pumped and excited for football season. I expect big things from the Wolverines and I even expect them to be in the Natiinal Championship hunt.

The biggest thing holding LSU and Michigan back is the QB position. If either team can get solid play there, they could both challenge for a spot in the playoff.

I think Speight will get the job. If not O'Korn will do just fine. Remember, Harbaugh almost turned freakin Colin Kaepernick into a Super Bowl winning QB.

It's been quite a while since I've been this pumped and excited for football season. I expect big things from the Wolverines and I even expect them to be in the Natiinal Championship hunt.

I think Speight will get the job. If not O'Korn will do just fine. Remember, Harbaugh almost turned freakin Colin Kaepernick into a Super Bowl winning QB.
I hope it gets settled and they are in the hunt for playoffs. I'd love to see Harbaugh and U of M start an annual tradition of my pounding on OSU and Urban.

I expect Florida's offense to be much better than last year's post-Grier "offense". Tennessee and UGA will be tough competition though. I've felt uneasy about the Tennessee game for years now but we know how that always pans out...I think this might actually be the year though. Fresh QB in a tough road environment going against the Vols' best team in years. I'd say 35-65 in favor of the Vols at this point.

Anything less than 10-2 for USF would be a disappointment, in my opinion. This could be our best team ever, with an outside shot at earning the G5 bid for a New Year's Six bowl.
At this point, Tennessee could be fielding an NFL team and Florida a high school team, and I'd still expect Florida to win that game.

I hope it gets settled and they are in the hunt for playoffs. I'd love to see Harbaugh and U of M start an annual tradition of my pounding on OSU and Urban.
This rivalry finally has a Woody vs Bo feel to it again. Both coaches understand what this game means.

I have seen some posts on Facebook that are predicting UM to beat my Buckeyes.

We shall see, we shall see.
I hate to say it, but I think they will. I look for the Buckeyes to have a down year in 2016, given that half their team from last year is now in the NFL.

Freshman Jalen Hurts is making a push to be Alabama's starting QB. With the defense and running game that Alabama puts on the field every year and Kiffin coaching him, it's the perfect spot for a freshman QB to excel.

I usually just pay attention to the Big 10, PAC 12, Mountain West and MAC divisions. The USC vs Alabama game to start the season has me very excited. I don't know much about Alabama this year but they have been the best for a while now. USC seems to be excited and expecting big things but I don't see them beating Bama.

I usually just pay attention to the Big 10, PAC 12, Mountain West and MAC divisions. The USC vs Alabama game to start the season has me very excited. I don't know much about Alabama this year but they have been the best for a while now. USC seems to be excited and expecting big things but I don't see them beating Bama.

This sounds like a really entertaining game. I am very excited for the season to start.

Hard to remember the last time my Vols were top 10.
Off the top of my head, I think it was 2006. Then we dropped back to back games against LSU and Arkansas with Ainge out with an ankle injury. I don't think we were ever in the top 10 in '07 and then '08 was the start of the **** show.

USC could surprise them. It definitely isn't an ideal match up for Alabama, with them breaking in a new QB, a new RB, and a new defensive coordinator.

Lol, LSU was about to fire Les Miles last season and they still open up #5, grow up Cajuns.

As for the Vols, I have no idea why they are #9. They haven't proved anything yet under Butch Jones. You've always been the upset pick week in and week out and not converted once, plus it's still the SEC East.... last year's champion got absolutely destroyed.

In the B1G don't sleep on MSU, they have Urban Meyer's number.

The week one match ups are as good as I can ever remember.

Missouri vs. West Virginia
Oklahoma vs. Houston
UCLA vs. Texas A&M
LSU vs. Wisconsin
Georgia vs. North Carolina
USC vs. Nebraska
Clemson vs. Auburn
BYU vs. Arizona
Notre Dame vs. Texas
Ole Miss vs. Florida State

I have Ohio State Football on Facebook. Hearing lots of great things from camp.

I am very excited for football to start. Many good games coming. :)

While I would love for that to happen, it's very unlikely. We do have the coaching and talent on the defensive side of the ball to have a top 10 defense, but the offense still has a lot of question marks.

On defense, we have potential 2017 first round draft picks on the defensive line, at linebacker, and in the secondary. The talent and depth on defense is the best that Tennessee has had since the late '90s or early '00s. Couple that with Shoop, who is a proven DC and there is the potential for something special.

On offense, coaching/play calling is average, at best, Dobbs' down field accuracy is not very good, and there isn't a proven playmaker at receiver. The one bright spot on offense is Hurd/Kamara/Dobbs running the ball, though I disagree with Hurd and Kamara being the best duo in the country. I'd take Fournette and Guice from LSU in a heartbeat over Hurd and Kamara.

Special teams should be great again this year. We return the nation's best punt returner in Cam Sutton and the nation's best kick returner in Evan Berry.

FB_IMG_1472184982694.jpg

I'll call and raise you 11 straight wins. :p When they play on September 24th It will be a 100 year rivalry. Pretty neat.

Florida Gators

Tennessee Volunteers
First meeting October 28, 1916
Latest meeting September 26, 2015
Next meeting September 24, 2016
Statistics
Meetings total
All-time series Florida leads, 26–19
Largest victory Tennessee 45, Florida 3 (1990)
Longest win streak 11 (Florida 2005–present)
Current win streak 11 Florida, (2005–present)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida–Tennessee_football_rivalry

Tennessee has no excuses this year. They're almost guaranteed to finish 5-0, they get two of their three toughest games at home, and even Georgia has a new HC and could be starting a true freshman QB. Something like 17 starters return from a team that was a few missed kicks away from beating Florida, Alabama, and Oklahoma. If they don't beat Florida and win the East this year they might never do it.

Tennessee has no excuses this year. They're almost guaranteed to finish 5-0, they get two of their three toughest games at home, and even Georgia has a new HC and could be starting a true freshman QB. Something like 17 starters return from a team that was a few missed kicks away from beating Florida, Alabama, and Oklahoma. If they don't beat Florida and win the East this year they might never do it.

I said the same thing about beating Florida and winning the East last year.

On the flip side of your post, we were Chubb ****** up his knee and a fumble against SC from finishing 6-6 last year. We also lost to a first year coach and a freshman QB in Gainesville last year, so no reason to think it couldn't happen in Athens this year, especially with Chubb and Michel running the ball.

Honestly, anything from 8-4 to 11-1 wouldn't surprise me this year. The talent is there to have a great season, the coaching staff has the potential to **** the bed like they did last year. Either way, I'll be there watching.

I said the same thing about beating Florida and winning the East last year.

On the flip side of your post, we were Chubb ******* up his knee and a fumble against SC from finishing 6-6 last year. We also lost to a first year coach and a freshman QB in Gainesville last year, so no reason to think it couldn't happen in Athens this year, especially with Chubb and Michel running the ball.

Honestly, anything from 8-4 to 11-1 wouldn't surprise me this year. The talent is there to have a great season, the coaching staff has the potential to sh!t the bed like they did last year. Either way, I'll be there watching.

I'm just hoping you guys peak this year or next so my Gamecocks can win the east by 2018.

Back
Top Bottom