College football game of the week

buckaroo

Here kitty, kitty, kitty
Okay, this is the week we find out if Texas Tech if for real or just a lucky fluke. They play the OU Sooners, and though TT is ranked #2 in the nation, OU is favored by 7 points! I guess the gambling public doesn't quite agree with the coaches, sports writer et. al. I've been pretty clear on this for the last few weeks and that is, as a Sooner fan, I'm not sure what will come of this game. I've said and still do that if TT wins this game, they are not only worthy of the national title, I hope they win it. If OU wins, and I hope that is the outcome, it will surely make for a controversey call as to who will play the winner of the Big 12 North, providing that the Sooners beat the OSU Cowboys in their last game of the regular season. For two weeks now, I've been listening to the sports talk shows and what they have to say about this game. For the most part, almost all of them have picked OU as the out right winner, but they are split as to whether or not TT will stay within the points for the gamblers. Without question we will see two teams with outstanding quarterbacks and offenses. What both teams lack is a dominant defense and that is unusual for OU. TT relies mostly on their talented QB and the passing game with one of the very best recievers in all of college football. OU on the other hand has one of the best overall QBs in college football as far as ratings goes but also has a very good running game. On paper this game looks to be a tight offensive game with a very high score on both sides. But my gut tells me that it could be a blowout for either side and that says that I think the spread in the score will be not just double digits, but more than two touchdowns. I'm looking forward to this game, not as a Sooner fan, but as a big college football fan.

One last thing...
Go Sooners

This should be a great game. I hope Texas Tech wins it. I like their chances, but I would not be surprised if Oklahoma wins it either though.

Both of these teams can really light up the scoreboard. A blowout is always very possible in a game like this. If one team figures out a way to stop the other teams offense, even for a few series, the game can get out of hand quickly. OU can run the ball well, but TT has a very good running game as well as the Texas game showed clearly. As much as TT's passing game was on against Texas, it was their running game that really killed the Longhorns.

I have no idea how this game will turn out, but I am really looking forward to it.

Im watching Old Miss and LSU right now.

About to head out and meet some freinds and go to the Murray State Western Kentucky basketball game. Last i heard Murray was beating the #25 Tenn State at the half.

Old Miss won and Murray State won both football (MSU 24 - Tenn State 16) and Basketball (Murray State 89- Western Kentucky 61)

Wow was this game horrible! I was so looking forward to watching it tonight and it was over before it ever really began. ...65-21 is a disgrace anyway you look at it.

k-thunk. northwestern beat illinois. staying away from litle sister for awhile. <g>

Wow was this game horrible! I was so looking forward to watching it tonight and it was over before it ever really began. ...65-21 is a disgrace anyway you look at it.

Not from where I'm sitting. Having listened to ESPN radio for the last two weeks where all the talk was about Graham Herrall and how TT would take apart the OU defense made me tickled to see just the opposite. Herrall had had just five sacks in the previous games and OU got to him twice in the first quarter. I think one of the things I heard from one of the commentators last night was spot on. He said that the Sooners were tired of hearing about Texas Tech.

I know that having the home advantage is huge, but so is the mind set of the players. How many times have we seen good/great teams get beat by so/so or teams that shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath? This year it has been USC and Florida, though they lost to teams that are a tad bit better than so-so. Last year, it was #5 Michgan who lost to App. St. in their first game. (yeah, Michigan who?) As to this game, I believe that the Red Raiders listened too much to the hype and even though they were going into Norman as the "underdog", they, as so many of the college football experts, felt that they were better than the Sooners. I still believe that TT is a match for anyone and if OU were to play this game in Lubbock, the outcome might be totally different.

My congrats to OU for an outstanding game against a worthy rival. Now, if Bob Stoops can bring those boys down to reality and not let happen to them what happened to TT next week against the OSU Cowboys.

Well for me the college game of the week was...oh wait maybe I should wait until 41 to 10 to tell you. That or ask a Hole fan. All they had to do was beat State and they were on their way to Tampa for the ACC championship game.

The Wolfpack have won the Mythical State Championship having beaten Wake Forest, Duke, unc-CH and ECU. They are on a 3 game win streak for November. A Bowl game is still a possibility. A small one but if they beat Miami this Saturday then who knows Boise or maybe the new Congressional Bowl against Navy.

One can only dream what the season might have been if they hadn't had a ton of injuries at the start of the season. At one point we had 11 starters out for multiple games. But the team has grown and come together. Not bad considering the team only numbers 69 total players. FSU had 44 coaches and assistants on the sidelines when they came to Raleigh. Nevermind the number of players they brought. Hopefully next year we can get a better start out of the gate. :)

Back
Top Bottom