College Football Kickoff is here

• Thread starter GREAT AMERICAN RACE FAN
  • Start date
G

GREAT AMERICAN RACE FAN

Hot dern, CFB is here, I can smell it in the air Fall, Football and that pesky Paper mill down the road.

Wolfpack of N.C. State was the first victem. Down goes the pack to a helpless offense of Spurrier. Good defense for the '****s tonite, or was it a lackluster offensive effort for Wilson and the Wolfpack. Anywho, it's here, woo hoo!!!!

Roll Tide Roll!!!

Went to the Murray State Racer game tonight. Their D saved their O more times then I care to count. But ended up with a win. It was the highest season opener score and the 5th all time best!
Murray State: 66
Kentucky Wesleyan: 10

next game for the Racers: NC State....

Go easy on em. I'll say a score like tonight just reverse.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4445891

I guess there was a pretty pathetic display of sportsmanship at the Oregon/Boise State game.

After the humiliating loss by Oregon (they didn't have any 1st downs in the entire First Half), Oregon running back LeGarrette Blount knocked out Boise State linebacker Byron Hout with a punch to the jaw.

The chicken-****, rather than be a man and finish what he started, ran away and after starting another fight with the Boise State home crowd, had to be taken to the locker room by security to keep them from killing him.

This is on top of him being suspended in the off season by his coach for poor attitude and practice attendance. Now Pac-10 is reviewing the situation. He'll be lucky if he only gets suspended. Since there is a pattern of bad behavior, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets kicked off the team. Or even the school.

"You can take the thug out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the thug."

I guess there was a pretty pathetic display of sportsmanship at the Oregon/Boise State game.

After the humiliating loss by Oregon (they didn't have any 1st downs in the entire First Half), Oregon running back LeGarrette Blount knocked out Boise State linebacker Byron Hout with a punch to the jaw.

The chicken-****, rather than be a man and finish what he started, ran away and after starting another fight with the Boise State home crowd, had to be taken to the locker room by security to keep them from killing him.

This is on top of him being suspended in the off season by his coach for poor attitude and practice attendance. Now Pac-10 is reviewing the situation. He'll be lucky if he only gets suspended. Since there is a pattern of bad behavior, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets kicked off the team. Or even the school.

"You can take the thug out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the thug."

He was provoked by the Boise player, but he didn't have to react the way he did. What as Joke! As a first year coach, I would send a message before the PAC10 and or the NCAA decided to do anything. I would kick him off the team.

Went to the Murray State Racer game tonight. Their D saved their O more times then I care to count. But ended up with a win. It was the highest season opener score and the 5th all time best!
Murray State: 66
Kentucky Wesleyan: 10

next game for the Racers: NC State....

Go easy on em. I'll say a score like tonight just reverse.

Our D was great. The O was horrible. The coaches reigned in Wilson too much trying to make him into a pocket passer where he is naturally a scrambler. And our lack of depth on the O line was obvious.

You coming to Raleigh Saturday? Tickets will be available, probably cheap, and I'll treat you at my tailgate. Let me know.

The school suspended him for the rest of the season. He still keeps his scholarship, but he probably doesn't use it much anyway. Since this is his senior season, they effectively kicked him off the team.

Experts say this will cost him a lot of money in the long run. He was projected to be a late second round draft pick before this incident. Missing his senior season and now having been suspended twice for behavioral issues will drop him significantly lower in the draft, thus costing him a lot of money.

I really hope this kid gets his act together, but I really hope that he does lose a lot of money as a result of his actions the other night. I hope he learns a lesson from all of this. But, since it seems like he didn't learn anything from his previous suspension, that seems unlikely.

I'm sooooo glad College Football is back!!!
Big game tonight, 'Bama and VA Tech in Atlanta. ...I have to root hard for my father-in-law's team,
Roll Tide!

I am psyched. Ohio State is playing Navy right now. I'm DVRing it and will watch it as soon as my son finishes mowing so we can watch it together. We have a birthday party to go to at 4pm, so we will be pushing it a little, but skipping commercials and halftime will help a lot.

I am psyched. Ohio State is playing Navy right now. I'm DVRing it and will watch it as soon as my son finishes mowing so we can watch it together. We have a birthday party to go to at 4pm, so we will be pushing it a little, but skipping commercials and halftime will help a lot.
Me thinks those Buckeyes were looking a bit too forward to USC. Like Iowa, they were lucky to win. Now I just hope my Sooners don't lose to BYU.

Me thinks those Buckeyes were looking a bit too forward to USC. Like Iowa, they were lucky to win. Now I just hope my Sooners don't lose to BYU.

The Buckeyes game wasn't nearly as close as the final score indicated. They put in the second string quarterback early in the first half because they were already up 17-7. They were up 29-14 in the 4th quarter. They should have kicked a field goal to seal it from the 15 yrd line of Navy, but went for it on 4th and 2. They were stopped short on a run. Navy got the ball back and hit an 85 yrd bomb on the first play. Then Pryor threw an int on a ball that was tipped by the receiver and Navy scored with a short field. They tried to tie it with a 2 pt conversion, but OSU intercepted the conversion attempt and returned it for a safety.

Oklahoma, on the other hand, got beat on their own turf by BYU. Sam Bradford getting hurt was, undoubtedly, the biggest factor in the game. But BYU still beat them in Norman, Ok. That has to really suck for Sooners fans. I just hope Bradford is back soon. He seems like a great kid and he is a tremendous quarterback.

Oklahoma, on the other hand, got beat on their own turf by BYU. Sam Bradford getting hurt was, undoubtedly, the biggest factor in the game. But BYU still beat them in Norman, Ok. That has to really suck for Sooners fans. I just hope Bradford is back soon. He seems like a great kid and he is a tremendous quarterback.
While Cowboys Stadium is closer to Norman, Oklahoma, it isn't their own home turf. I had a bad feeling about this game before it started. It didn't get any better when Bradford went down. The Sooners still have a chance to go all the way, but I don't look for them to be as good as last year. What I want more than anything is to beat UT. That game has become the big one for OU, though its always been a big game for them. In the distant past, THE big game was always against Nebraska. Those were the days. Of course, UT was not part of the Big 8 then.

Roll Tide
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
ROLL TIDE ALABAMA!!!

To bad for the Sooners, they lost their cheif and lost the Game.

Ohio State looking ahead a bit? We'll see next week. Medias favorite USC coming to the horseshoe.

Iowa thanking their lucky stars, two blocked kicks in a row. How often does that happen.

To bad for the Sooners, they lost their cheif and lost the Game.
I'm not too sure that losing their chief was the main reason for the loss. I believe two things entered into this loss for OU. First and probably the biggest reason was that BYU not only was up to this game, but believing that they were the underdog, they believed that they could win this game. Secondly, I honestly believe that like so many times, the favored team thinks the game will be rather easy and is thinking ahead for the harder games.

Every year there is always at least one team that is ranked in the top five that doesn't live up to their pre-season hype. Last year it was Georgia and the year before it was Michigan. Could this year OU be that team? I certainly hope not, but if Bradford doesn't make a quick come back, they might have a very hard time finishing 2nd or 3rd in the Big 12 South. You can never predict a season by the first few games, but with the downing of Bradford, it doesn't look very promising for OU. However, if a team is going to have just one loss in today's college football, its much better to have it early in the season than late in the season.

Next week will be a real telling week for a couple of top teams in USC and OSU (Ohio).

Ohio State looking ahead a bit? We'll see next week. Medias favorite USC coming to the horseshoe.

The media should be picking USC in this game. I'm the biggest Buckeye fan out there, but they looked horrible against USC last year. This year is at Ohio State. USC has a new quarterback and graduated a lot of talent, but so did OSU. I certainly think Ohio State can win the game and, of course, I really hope they do. But, it will take a great effort and maybe even some luck for them to pull it off.

Miami Hurricanes vs Florida State Seminoles tonight at 8pm on ESPN!!!

Miami Hurricanes vs Florida State Seminoles tonight at 8pm on ESPN!!!

This is my second favorite game of the year, right behind Ohio State-Michigan. Florida State is my second favorite team right behind Ohio State, so I guess that makes sense.

Well, Florida State lost to Miami on the last play of the game. 38-34. It was a great game. Florida State had first and goal from the two with 17 seconds left. They had 3 incomplete passes. The last one looked like a touchdown, but replays showed he trapped it against the ground.

Florida State lost, but they looked really good in the process. Their defense gave up way too many big plays on blown coverages. I expect that to get better as they play together more. Those two teams know each other so well, that they know how to exploit each other's weaknesses.

FSU has a tough schedule this year. 11 of this year's 12 opponents played in bowl games last year. I expect them to do well this year. Of course, I expect that every year and I'm shocked when they occasionally don't do very well.

Goona root for FSU but will always wonder if Bobby's players are eligible. :) Sorry, just had to do it.

I thought you were a Weak Florist fan? If so then you needed to root for Miami since they're in the other Division. FSU winning hurts your chances to win the Atlantic.

I thought you were a Weak Florist fan? If so then you needed to root for Miami since they're in the other Division. FSU winning hurts your chances to win the Atlantic.
Weak doesn't have a chance any more than yer Wolfies. Sides, my real team lost their All-American QB for 2 to 4 weeks and I heard today that their best tight end, who is also an All-American will be out for the rest of the year! The wife went to ECU and they are undefeated so I might root for them. :)

Weak doesn't have a chance any more than yer Wolfies. Sides, my real team lost their All-American QB for 2 to 4 weeks and I heard today that their best tight end, who is also an All-American will be out for the rest of the year! The wife went to ECU and they are undefeated so I might root for them. :)

EzU may win Conf USA but can they beat WVU and unc-CH the next 2 weeks? And if they lose will the team's morale go down so they then lose to UCF?
What we have to guard against is getting over confident after playing Murray State and Gardner Webb and then having a let down when Pitt rolls into town. Oh, and did you get us tickets when we travel to Winston 10/5?

Back
Top Bottom