college football

Anyone want to root for the underdog?

I think us Wuffies will be the Underdog next Saturday. As well as when we play the Turdles, esp after them beating BC last night. But, I have to have hope. We only had 2 penalties yesterday. An Amato team would have had 2 penalties the 1st series, Offence or Defense.
One of the guys ran the numbers. We'd need to win out. We'd need for other teams to do their part but we could potentially play for the Gator. Laughable sure. Expected, hardly. If Klem's Son wins the Division and VT wins theirs that puts them in the ACCCG, winner to the Orange and the loser to the Peach. That would leave BC and UVA at 6-2, with several teams including us at 5-3. But we would have been on a 6 game win streak with the potential of selling 30,000+ tickets to the Gator. We know UVA, Miami, BC, WF nor GT would take that many and being 1 game out in the standings they could take us. But, like I said we need for the dominos to fall just right. ;)

BP, I hope yer team does well in the coming weeks. I have to tell you that I listen to them play almost every week and it's because of Tony Hanes that I've developed this dislike for the team. Long story there, but it's my excuse. I always wondered how come Amato stayed there as long as he did. Could it have been his colorful glasses? :) Maybe that voice of his? But he did get Philip Rivers to come play for him, so that's a good point for him. Oh, wouldn't you love to have Philip now? Daniel just isn't the QB that can take the team to the top.

And as for the dance, it looked like those guys had just won the national title. A win over UNCCH? I'm thinking that Notre Dame could beat those boys. ;)

Oh, and thanks for the video of you as a child. No wonder you are so warped. :) Cute

Mike Glennon, Sean Glennon's little brother (QB at VT), was in attendance. He's an early commit. Maybe he's the real deal and can approach River's like numbers next year or the year after.
I'd love to know what your axe is to grind with Tony. I've spoken to him on a lot of occasions. He's a pretty nice fellow and does a passable job as a sideline reporter. I won't even compare him to Hogewood who is absolutely awful and should never be allowed anywhere near a stadium. I still remember back in the day when my girl Voda was on the sidelines doing college football. If anything Gary Hahn is the weak link in the broadcast booth.
But, I'll put our local guys up against LF/Raycom's anytime. Doc Walker and Steve Martin are truly pathetic. They should be paying Lincoln Financial to be on camera.

My beef with Tony is that he is so biased that it doesn't just come across that he is, but that he never seems to think that his team can do anything wrong. Yeah, I know that radio broadcast teams are for the teams they broadcast, but it just annoys me that Tony seems to always argue that the call went the wrong way. Hahn doesn't do it and neither does Johnny Evans. Oh, if you want my opinion, Tony isn't nearly as bad as the guys who broadcast the Deacs, but I seldom listen to those games and the reason why...is that the anchor station isn't here in Winston. Hell, it's not even in this state. A little station in Galax, Virginia is the flag ship station for the Deacons. :rolleyes: I can't get that station on my little radio that I carry around during my rounds.

Funny, I just found out today that Forest Orion "Mick" Mixon is now the radio announcer for the Panthers. I always wondered what happened to him when I listen to Woody Durham and the Tarheels.

Tony is employed by Wolfpack Marketing not the radio station doing the broadcasting. If you listen you'll hear all these guys praising up their school. Some are better, some are worse. Walker and Martin are employed by Lincoln Financial and as such should be unbiased but they aren't.
I missed Gameday yesterday but last week Herbstreit abstained from picking the winner of the game because he was going to be in the booth calling the game.
Besides Tony is on the sidelines, it's Gary's and Johnny's show in the booth and who you hear the most. I'd love to have an OK broadcast to compare them to. I'm betting you couldn't tell much of a difference.
As to Mixon he was absolutely horrible when he was in Carolina's booth. He'd make you think every play was absolutely the best play he'd ever witnessed and then you'd find out it was just 2 yards and a cloud of dust. I haven't listened to how he does the Panthers but I doubt its changed too much. Afterall the previous guy lost his job because the Panthers thought he wasn't enough of a homer.

Edited to add that Wake is a 6 point favorite over State. Give the 6 and bet the house.

Back
Top Bottom