college football!!!!!!

B

bowtie

Glad its finally here!!! I am going to make several games this season. LA Tech is in my hometown, going to watch them and Mississippi state tomorrow. Also planning to make several LSU games. I love college football!!!:beerbang:

Ferg, whats up? DO you think the tide can get by Clemson Saturday night? I don't know...........

Dude, I'm with ya, I just don't know.....I think it will be a better game than what some people may think. Bama has a lot of freshmen playing including Julio Jones who will start at WR. He's a heck of a player, but still a freshman. I think Clemson might be a bit overrated but we'll see...

I'm thinking (hoping!) Bama by 3.

I'm a huge Ohio State Buckeye fan. I'm from Akron, Ohio. That's a couple of hours from Columbus.

My favorite teams are

1. The Ohio State Buckeyes
2. The Florida State Seminoles
3. Whoever is playing Michigan this week

FERG!!!! what about the tide?? good game man. little ole tech dusted Miss State 22-14!!!! outstanding game.:beerbang:

FERG!!!! what about the tide?? good game man. little ole tech dusted Miss State 22-14!!!! outstanding game.:beerbang:

Yes, sir! Love the way they pounded the ball and held on to it all game. If they play like that all year, we should finish in the top 10.

Congrats on La Tech!:beerbang:

o yeah, thats how you win games. punch em in the mouth!!!! doesn't hurt to have public enemy #1 as head coach!!

Only two of my three favorite teams were in action Saturday and they both won.

Ohio State beat Youngstown State (43-0) as they should have and my other favorite team (besides Florida State) is 'whoever is playing Michigan this week'. This week it was Utah and they beat Michigan in Michigan Saturday. Florida State did not play, so JoePa tied Bobby Bowden for most all-time wins in division 1 football history when Penn State beat some high school team on Saturday. That sucked, but there is plenty of season left for BB to pass him again.

Everybody, wave at BP because his wolfies won today! Yeaaaaaaa! Mind you, it could be their last win, but who knows, maybe they can beat Duke!

Oh, Wake Forest won in a doozie with a last second FG.

OU took care of Cinci pretty easy. Top 25 teams mostly won but...BUT the wife's alma mater, EZU (East Carolina University) beat another top 25 team in #8 West Verginia. How long will Skip Holtz be the coach as EZU? Go Pirates!

Another great game for East Carolina!
My Hurricanes held their own against the Gators for as long as they could. Very promising for the next few years as they mature.
I do not like the excessive celebration in general and do not think it should be called at the end of game as it was yesterday in the BYU-Washington game :mad:

How about that Auburn game? What a score.

I know that most of the country was probably watching the OSU/USC game, but as a Sooner fan, I had to watch my team play Washington. I know that the Huskies aren't one of the top teams in the nation, but OU just looked terrific. Sam Bradford is a QB that even though he has been so accurate with his passing, the press alwasy seem to overlook him while at the same time praising him. But he will have his chance to prove once again how good he really is when OU plays their conference foes.

Gooooooo Sooners! :beerbang:

Even though my Buckeyes lost, my other two favorite teams won pretty big.

Florida State, who is my second favorite team looks really good so far this year. They have played two pretty weak teams, but they hammered both of them and looked great in the process. They have a quarterback who is a very good passer and makes good decisions. It would be nice to see Bobby Bowden be able to retire after a very good season. :beerbang:

My other favorite team is 'whoever is playing Michigan this week'. This week it was Notre Dame, and even though I don't care much for them either at least they beat Michigan handily. :owquitit:

AP top 25 week 3 2008

1. USC (61) 2-0 1,596
2. Oklahoma 3-0 1,485
3. Georgia (2) 3-0 1,437
4. Florida (1) 2-0 1,414
5. Missouri 3-0 1,389
6. LSU 2-0 1,274
7. Texas 2-0 1,140
8. Wisconsin 3-0 1,076
9. Alabama 3-0 982
10. Auburn 3-0 958
11. Texas Tech 3-0 904
12. South Florida 3-0 801
13. Ohio State 2-1 800
14. Brigham Young 3-0 788
15. East Carolina 3-0 781
16. Penn State 3-0 779
17. Oregon 3-0 679
18. Wake Forest 2-0 482
19. Kansas 2-1 445
20. Utah 3-0 428
21. West Virginia 1-1 179
22. Illinois 2-1 163
23. Clemson 2-1 160
24. Florida State 2-0 146
25. Fresno State 1-1 121
Others Receiving Votes
Vanderbilt 63, Oklahoma State 62, TCU 45, Boise State 38, Arizona State 36, North Carolina 31, Virginia Tech 28, Nebraska 21, Tennessee 15, Connecticut 13, Iowa 12, Kentucky 6, Tulsa 6, Northwestern 4, Notre Dame 4, Minnesota 4, Arizona 2, UCF 1, Ball State 1, South Carolina 1.
Dropped From Rankings
Arizona State 15, California 23.

Everybody, wave at BP because his wolfies won today! Yeaaaaaaa! Mind you, it could be their last win, but who knows, maybe they can beat Duke!

Oh, Wake Forest won in a doozie with a last second FG.

OU took care of Cinci pretty easy. Top 25 teams mostly won but...BUT the wife's alma mater, EZU (East Carolina University) beat another top 25 team in #8 West Verginia. How long will Skip Holtz be the coach as EZU? Go Pirates!

Well my wolfies did their part yesterday in keeping Skip in G-troit* a little longer. Even tho we have a decimated team, 9 starters hurt for the season and we lost #56 Nate Irving yesterday. He's been turning heads nationwide with his interceptions and TFL from his LB position.
But the Pie-rats come into our house, an 8 point favorite, and without Beck trhowing an interception that was run back and then him fumbling inside their 10 the game wouldn't have been close.
What does this tell us, that VT and WVU may not be as good as advertised. I mean VT struggled with the Holes yesterday. But for now my wolfies have made me proud.

*G-troit - for those who aren't familiar with ECTC they like to refer to their little cesspool that is Eastern NC as G-Vegas. But if you've ever been to Greenville NC its more like Detroit than Las Vegas. Thus G-troit.

The Buckeyes looked good. Terrelle Pryor threw 4 touchdowns in his first start. Not bad for a true freshman playing only his fourth college game.

Florida State shocked me with how horribly they played. Their defense played very well for most of the game. Christian Ponder, the starting quarterback, had a bad start and they pulled him. They still had a chance to win it in the fourth quarter until the backup QB threw two straight interceptions. Oh well, at least they still look a lot better than they have the past few years.

and makes "THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES" look real bad!!:beerbang:

USC=Over Rated!!!

and makes "THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES" look real bad!!:beerbang:

USC=Over Rated!!!

I knew somebody would make that leap. I don't care though, it was nice to see USC get punked. I started watching that game a few minutes in to the third quarter and watched it to the bitter end. It was a very exciting game.

And now Florida looses to Ole Miss in the swamp. Upset weekend!! :beerbang:

And now Florida looses to Ole Miss in the swamp. Upset weekend!! :beerbang:

dance52.gif

Back
Top Bottom