Commercial Free

DIDIT

Old School Fan
Will someone please help me understand just what Fox meant when with about 40 laps to go they said we will be commercial free? After I fell off the sofa, spilled my beer, picked up all the popcorn on the floor and crawled back up on the sofa, I looked back at the TV and there was a commercial.

Just what the "H", "E" double hockey sticks were the pulling on us?

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just took the Fan Council survey, I wish I would of remembered to of made mention of that

But, on the plus side, they did ask about FOX and the amount of commercials, I did rate it poor.

I would think Toyota would be quite upset with this statement from FOX. The message was deceitful and I don't think that would be the image Toyota would want to represent to potential customers. But, maybe I am wrong about Toyota.

I forget....Were all the commercials side-by-side after that? That could be a defense.

I forget....Were all the commercials side-by-side after that? That could be a defense.

Nope. They had a couple full screen Toyota commercials at first, then shorty after, had others (McDonald's etc)

I think they had more ads in the last 40 laps than any other part of the race. Immediately after announcing they would be commercial free the rest of the way :rolleyes:

I had to watch the race on youtube since I missed it. Although I could skip forward through the ads, the amount of times having to skip was almost as annoying as the ads themselves.

I have said it before and I'll say it again, one big issue nascar isnt seeing with dropping ratings is the amount of commercials. In all honesty, nascar is a rolling billboard on TV - there shouldnt even be the need for many commercials at all.

I had to watch the race on youtube since I missed it. Although I could skip forward through the ads, the amount of times having to skip was almost as annoying as the ads themselves.

I have said it before and I'll say it again, one big issue nascar isnt seeing with dropping ratings is the amount of commercials. In all honesty, nascar is a rolling billboard on TV - there shouldnt even be the need for many commercials at all.

Commercial money goes to Fox. If they didn't have commercials then their big investment in NASCAR would be a huge loss. Fox shouldn't tell people they are commercial free for the last 46 laps if it wasn't though.

Remember this:

LOLWTF

17a36f9cde8656ced84eb40abad331b8.jpg

I couldn't find last years numbers. If you see them somewhere post the link. That's the info I wanted to see as sometimes perception isn't reality.

2017:
Total minutes of complete race broadcast: 257
Minutes of race broadcast: 198
Minutes of traditional commercials (not split-screen): 45
Minutes of ‘Side-by-Side’ commercials (split-screen): 15

http://www.cawsnjaws.com/article/829/commercial-breakdown-and-links-related-to-the-2017-daytona-500

2016:
Total minutes of complete race broadcast: 213
Minutes of race broadcast: 155
Minutes of traditional commercials (not split-screen): 58
Minutes of ‘Side-by-Side’ commercials (split-screen): 6

http://www.cawsnjaws.com/article/750/commercial-breakdown-and-links-related-to-the-2016-daytona-500

How about that they showed the AARP commercial about "seniors being hungry". Then after the first time it was shown do a big promo of Jeff Gordon's involvement. Think they missed the boat on that timing.

Back
Top Bottom