Compete and cover the event??

H

HardScrabble

Is this appropriate?? It may have done elsewhere before, but I'm not sure I agree with it.

It's quite possible Wally Dallenbach will drive a few BGN races for NBC later this year. They hoped to get him a Winston Cup ride for the Brickyard 400, "but that didn't work out," Dallenbach said. The network plans to make more use of Dallenbach in its second year of a six-year contract with NASCAR. He will have a spot on the pre-race show where he drives a car on the track, showing viewers what the drivers have ahead of them. In the booth, NBC will have a scale model of a race car that Dallenbach can spin 360 degrees and demonstrate problems as well as explain race terminology.

HS,
You thing he'll get extra coverage time? I don't really see a big problem unless they gear there coverage around their man on the track. Could even maybe add something to in car coverage in the future. Someday I'd like to see inter active coverage were you could control who you ride with and where you look. That'd be a gas.

Don't know Walrus, just struck the wrong chord with me.

If the coverage stays impartial and we don't have to hear unnecessarily where the NBC car is and hows it doing it would be probably be cool. We might get to see some more mid pack coverage though, since I believe that is where the car would be, and that might be good thing.

In car stuff might be good, and we might get some interesting insights on radio com between Wally and the crew, since NBC would likely cover even the "private" frequency.

The interactive coverage would be outstanding!! And the only TV type coverage I might go pay per view to see.

HS, I'm hoping that it's not a conflict. If the race coverage has too much of Wally and not enough of the racing, then there is a problem. If they use him sparingly and in the appropriate places, it could add to the coverage.

But, based on past experience ........... *sigh*

I don't think that it would be a very good idea. If Wally is more worried about the coverage than how the car is running then he could be a liability out there to the other drivers. Not only that he would be taking a spot away from somebody who might actually care about running the race and not covering it. I don't think it would work.

Exactly TRL,

If Wally is racing, who takes his spot in the booth?

I remember a happy hour broadcast last season when Wally was subbing for someone. It was a total wally-fest and hardly anyone else got any coverage. Very annoying!

"If Wally is racing, who takes his spot in the booth?"

More than likely Wally will be in the booth after a few laps. :rolleyes:

wonder where he got this idea? (caugh - Waltrip - caugh) what i want to know is, why is it Wally thats running races, when he's actually worth listening too., i wish they would get the Fox crew running races so i wouldn't have them calling the race..:)

I'm willing to try anything as a replacement to criss crossing pointy things (Fox Trax) forcing the camera to pan back at the expense of actually seeing a good shot of the cars.

Back
Top Bottom