Congratulations 18 Kyle Busch

Congrats to Toyota getting another victory on their way to another manufactures championship, and congrats to the 18 team for find their way back to VL

Been a tough season and I knew he'd win but that losing streak was getting big. Good to see the 18 back in victory lane and him being Toyots's 1st and 100th win. Look forward to more this season.

Congratulations to Kyle and to his hundreds of fans.
We have have seen two good struggling drivers, Kasey and Kyle break through and win during the last two weeks.
Who knows between the two, one of them might win another race this year.

I like Kyle, I think he's great for the sport.

What I don't like is how hard Nascar broadcast has been shoving how great he is ans winning down our throats since 2008 when there have been multiple more successful drivers during his time as a cup driver. That, I find annoying.

That said, people can't deny that he is absolutely one of the three faces of Nascar. Dale Jr, him, and Jimmie Johnson (since smoke hung it up)

Today's win was Kyle's 39th in the Cup Series, which means he now has sole possession of 2nd in wins among active drivers. Hopefully he'll pick up the big Four-O soon, which would tie him with Mark Martin on the all-time win list.

Loose lug nut (just one) from what I understand. I don't know if they'll bust out the cucumber for that one.

I am thinking Goodyear Tungsten'd the lug, in hopes. of planting a cucumber upon him.
Fortunately the lug didnt get secured due to the exstry weight, or it would have thrown the car off balance like the previous one did earlier in the race.

Still a brilliant strategy by Goodyear.

I am thinking Goodyear Tungsten'd the lug, in hopes. of planting a cucumber upon him.
Fortunately the lug didnt get secured due to the exstry weight, or it would have thrown the car off balance like the previous one did earlier in the race.

Still a brilliant strategy by Goodyear.
I'll refer your attempt at humour to Paul. :D
Paul-Menard.jpg

people can't deny that he is absolutely one of the three faces of Nascar. Dale Jr, him, and Jimmie Johnson (since smoke hung it up)

This is absolutely the case and NASCAR has always been a sport of personalities like WWE, and where as Dale Jr and Danica are a poor mans Superman and Wonder woman, their terrible track performance has left a huge void for marketing and ratings. You conversely have a villian/heel character like Kyle whose personality is so unlikable yet he has a lot of talent, and NASCAR plays this up equally as much because it brings ratings.

Even though the guy hasn't won a cup race in over a year he is is still featured extensively b/c they are waiting for the next blow up or trainwreck he or the team will bring. This comes at the expense of some of the up and coming talent that should get more airtime but I can understand NASCAR being on the decline they are much more focused on the bottom line.

Great Avatar
Thank you. I'm not even a big country music fan but I love the authenticity and attitude in that photo of Johnny. U2, Springsteen, Coldplay, The Killers and an obscure band (to Americans) named Ladypank are my favorite musical artists.
I LOVE that photo though.

This is absolutely the case and NASCAR has always been a sport of personalities like WWE, and where as Dale Jr and Danica are a poor mans Superman and Wonder woman, their terrible track performance has left a huge void for marketing and ratings. You conversely have a villian/heel character like Kyle whose personality is so unlikable yet he has a lot of talent, and NASCAR plays this up equally as much because it brings ratings.

Even though the guy hasn't won a cup race in over a year he is is still featured extensively b/c they are waiting for the next blow up or trainwreck he or the team will bring. This comes at the expense of some of the up and coming talent that should get more airtime but I can understand NASCAR being on the decline they are much more focused on the bottom line.

I'm surprised they never did anything with JJ and Chad's confidence and success, painting him as the villain. He was absolutely hated for a while, by myself included until I realized there isn't much to dislike about him. But it's there. Look at the words he had with Newman in 2014, you could hear it and he gave Newman a very arrogant verbal beatdown. With the right narrative, it could have been easy to turn his 5 strait championships into a hateable achievement.

Same with Edwards, but he didnt really seem comfortable with Nascar promoting him as a personality.

Matt could have been run with too, the dude is actually hilarious if you appreciate dry humor.

I'm surprised they never did anything with JJ and Chad's confidence and success, painting him as the villain. He was absolutely hated for a while, by myself included until I realized there isn't much to dislike about him. But it's there. Look at the words he had with Newman in 2014, you could hear it and he gave Newman a very arrogant verbal beatdown. With the right narrative, it could have been easy to turn his 5 strait championships into a hateable achievement.

Same with Edwards, but he didnt really seem comfortable with Nascar promoting him as a personality.

Matt could have been run with too, the dude is actually hilarious if you appreciate dry humor.
I love Matt's dry humor and I appreciate Jimmie's talent and success. I am currently employed by his primary sponsor and the first race I've attended as a new employee, he won. I've been to 8 NASCAR races...Jimmie has won 4 of them.

Well, after Tony retired.

"I wanted to kill AJ Allmendinger and Juan Pablo for being STUPID" hardest I've ever laughed watching nascar

Back
Top Bottom