COTA Tire Test

I think COTA will end up being better than expected for nascar. Some fast sweeping technical portions, elevation changes, then all the way down gear off the long straight into turn 1. (sort of a mix of Sonoma/Glen). Hoping it shows well on camera.

BK rolling out earlier this morning

Depending on whether or not the keep the tentative race length this could be a real test of endurance. It's set at 68 laps right now and it sounds like they were running ~2:13-2:14 laps yesterday. Daytona was mostly in the 1:58-2:00 range and only two laps longer at 70 laps.

It's a good thing there's a ton of runoff at COTA, 185 down to 30 MPH is a huuuuge braking event, bigger than anything at Daytona.

Depending on whether or not the keep the tentative race length this could be a real test of endurance. It's set at 68 laps right now and it sounds like they were running ~2:13-2:14 laps yesterday. Daytona was mostly in the 1:58-2:00 range and only two laps longer at 70 laps.

It's a good thing there's a ton of runoff at COTA, 185 down to 30 MPH is a huuuuge braking event, bigger than anything at Daytona.
Probably a lot of concern from Goodyear...probably going to get sets of the hard ones and that will not help matters any also.

It will be interesting to see how many brake-related issues there are.
Hope so. This is one area where I don't like development. Make them manage what they have. #HelloDenny

They do, every time they fire it up. ;)

Yeah, I was meaning back in the days at M'Ville where you had to wonder if the driver had enough brakes left, or if the rear ends were gonna give out on certain tracks, engines etc. Sometimes the stuff is TOO reliable.

I was unaware that current NASCAR pilots no longer manage tires and equipment.

It’s hard to keep up.

Yeah, I was meaning back in the days at M'Ville where you had to wonder if the driver had enough brakes left, or if the rear ends were gonna give out on certain tracks, engines etc. Sometimes the stuff is TOO reliable.
3 or 4 motors would blow up almost every race. Some were spectacular. Now is a rarity if one of the top teams blow one up.

Not if you're drivin it

Miss a shift and get back with me. Dump the clutch on a pit stop and snap an axle. Yes, yes you do have to manage
In the past you could be the most perfect driver in the world technically, and your engine could just blow. How many times does that happen now?

In the past you could be the most perfect driver in the world technically, and your engine could just blow. How many times does that happen now?
Reliability doesnt mean you can just abuse the hell out of it. You still have to mange your equipment in the race. Their are reasons you dont run over 6 inch turtles, it will tear your $hit up. Fuel Mileage, tire wear, shiftng points, braking zones are race and equipment management. Sorry it just is.

Reliability doesnt mean you can just abuse the hell out of it. You still have to mange your equipment in the race. Their are reasons you dont run over 6 inch turtles, it will tear your $hit up. Fuel Mileage, tire wear, shiftng points, braking zones are race and equipment management. Sorry it just is.
nope, we are are talking IT JUST BROKE - equipment failure

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom