Countdown to Daytona 500

Tennessee Racing

Formerly Stewart Fan
Ok according to my live countdown it's 86 days to the 2011 Daytona 500. Now I'm not sure that's exactly accurate but hey we can adjust for a day or two lol.

Beaver_Bahre86_Daytona.jpg

I tried to connect the dots, and I believe the unknown 85 may be Ronnie Daniel. I have no personal recollection of the name, but the car is an early 70s Chevy, and Racing Reference shows Ronnie Daniel in a #85 Chevy for 8 races from '71 to '73. The name seems to fit what we can't read on the car.

Did teams run the LS6 in those Chevelles? Or maybe a 427?

Either way, it'd been fun to blast by 'em in that hemi ;)

Talk about poor taste...

http://store.nascar.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10828014

I'm surprised they don't offer Red Stains for more $$$$ :sarcasm:

I know that Dale died in the 2001 Daytona 500....but how is this in poor taste again? I'd agree if it was a little diorama of the accident that killed him, or if it was one of the autopsy photo plastered onto a t-shirt.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not seeing how this is in poor taste.

Brain will do anything to make a buck.. Sick bastage.

Sell a piece of the track fine. Not a piece carved into 3.

Sheesh, I know plenty of old Ironhead fans that will purchase one of these. I guess you probably think very little of those people.

Yeah, I don't get the "bad taste" bit either. I could see if they labeled it "get a piece of the wall that killed a legend" or something like that, but it's just a piece of the track that helped make him a legend...

Nor do I see it as bad taste...although I certainly have no interest in ever owning one.

I can't think of anyone who did more for the whole Nascar souvenir machine than #3.

Again, how is this in poor taste?

You know, if they offered it in all the numbers that ever won at daytona it'd be different. Hell, the 43 should be carved out. He won it 7 times.
This is just a sad attempt at making a few more bucks off of a dead man.
Poor taste, maybe not, but certainly questionable....
MoMike

You know, if they offered it in all the numbers that ever won at daytona it'd be different. Hell, the 43 should be carved out. He won it 7 times.
This is just a sad attempt at making a few more bucks off of a dead man.
Poor taste, maybe not, but certainly questionable....
MoMike

Well I'm not claiming that it's not a money whore move on NASCAR part, it's just not in poor taste.

Kudos to the thread creator with the countdown by car number idea but at the current rate of advanced pictures posted, Daytona will be here before its time. I may have to pull out my Rick Mast or Steve Park before I know it.

Keep it up! Good stuff. :beerbang:

Kudos to the thread creator with the countdown by car number idea but at the current rate of advanced pictures posted, Daytona will be here before its time. I may have to pull out my Rick Mast or Steve Park before I know it.

Keep it up! Good stuff. :beerbang:

Thanks! It's just something to do on here during the off season. I try and find older photos if I can. It's not always easy.

Back
Top Bottom