Cowin Seriously Injured

H

Highboy90

16608.jpg

Posted Thursday, March 27, 2003

Champion Australian drag racer Andrew Cowin is in a serious condition in a Tennessee hospital following a non-racing related accident. Cowin, 23, suffered severe head and internal injuries when he fell five metres from the ladder of a crane while taking photographs in Johnson City,Tennessee. While initially listed by the Johnson City Medical Center as critical, Cowin's condition has improved slightly and he has been upgraded to serious. He has also been taken off life-support systems.

Cowin's mother, Wendy, who leaves on the first available plane for the United States today to be with her son, says the upgrading of his condition is encouraging.

"Andrew has improved already, which is extremely encouraging, but his condition is serious and we won't know more until doctors do further scans," Wendy said from the family's home in Chiswick, Sydney.

Doctors at the hospital are remaining cautious and have warned that his early improvements could be the "calm before the storm".

"Our family is shocked by the accident, but I am assured by those with Andrew that he is in the best of hands," Wendy said. "The support we have already received from both here at home and in America has been tremendous and we are all just praying that Andrew will be fine."

CONTACT INFORMATION
Well-wishers are encouraged to send silk (not live) flowers, ballons, and cards to Cowin but all parties involved ask that phone calls be limited to family members only. Cowin can be reached at:

Andrew Cowin
c/o Johnson City Medical Center
400 N. State of Franklin Road
Johnson City, TN 37604

Source.

I hope he comes around. Life is just so delicate. The simplest decisions and mistakes can have such long reaching consequences.

At last report, looks like Cowin will be getting released soon. Agreed with Bebi on your post windsor.

Thank Bebi, Nate. I'm glad to hear Cowin is to be released soon. Any word on his state of being?

Back
Top Bottom