Craven winning again?

No question avaiable to import.

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If he drives as hard as he did at Darlington, he sure will.

I would prefer he didn't. But he has the chance if he continues to drive like he did last week.

I think Craven will win another race this year at New Hampshire or Martinsville. He seems to do well at both of these tracks.

He has not been running bad at all this year so i think it is a good bet that he will win again!! I hope another certain Pontaic wins before Craven wins again, but i would be happy to see any Pontaic in victory lane well maybe not "One Whack Jack" :D

he's got as good a chance as michael winning again this year...

Originally posted by DirtyMo1381529@Mar 18 2003, 09:01 PM
Not really. We still have 3 plate "races" to go this year.

Originally posted by stridsberry@Mar 18 2003, 12:58 PM
You know I'm going to say yes.  :D  :D
I didn't have time when I was earlier to expand on what I think, so I will now. On Sunday, Ricky showed the grit and desire that it takes to win races. And that win was truly a team effort. For most of the race, he only had a 10th-12th place car. Then, it was his pit crew that almost single handidly got him in position to win, moving him up from 9th to 4th on the pit stops with 100 laps to go. On the last green flag run, he was smart. The 3 drivers in front of him got to racing hard and burnt up the tires, while he laid back, running just hard enough to keep those three in range, and saving the tires for the last 20 lap sprint. Then when it was time to go, he went. Most drivers on the circuit would have given up and settled for 2nd at that point, but Ricky didn't. And those last few laps were pure guts. Any driver will tell you that it takes nerve to sail into the first corner of Darlington side by side. Nothing in that race was given to him; he and the entire team earned it.

It's that kind of smarts, pit crew work, and nerve that can take a decent day like he was having and turn it into a win. And it's also what you need to win multiple races in a season. Ricky proved Sunday that he won't back down from a shot at a win, and that's why I think he will win again before the season is over.

Originally posted by DeeDee@Mar 18 2003, 01:40 PM
I would prefer he didn't. But he has the chance if he continues to drive like he did last week.
And why is it, DeeDee, that you would prefer that he not win again?

I like Craven and have ever since he drove the old #58 Ford a few years back.He certainly has the guts to put the tide-ride up front.And the crew.He very possibly could win again this year. :)

I would definetely like to see Craven win again, but I just don't think Its this year. However I think he will get a pole still this year.

Originally posted by DirtyMo1381529@Mar 18 2003, 03:01 PM
I think Mikey will win 3 or 4 races this year. I think he will take a Dega race California and possibly another race at a track 1.5 miles or bigger

Originally posted by 4xchampncountin+Mar 18 2003, 06:07 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4xchampncountin @ Mar 18 2003, 06:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--DirtyMo1381529@Mar 18 2003, 09:01 PM
Not really. We still have 3 plate "races" to go this year.[/b][/quote]
well, there is another race at darlington, another race at rockingham and both races at martinsville and new hampshire, thats 6 races where we know ricky craven runs well.

mikey has the 3 plate races and i think he will have a good run in michigan and the coke 600 this year so thats about 5 or 6 each

Ricky started running good in the second half of last year. There is no reason to believe he will not continue to run good.

The way he ran on sunday shows hes got a good car. i bet he'll win at least one more race.. i wouldn't be surprised if he won 2 or 3 this season... i think its good for him to have good season so far, and i hope he keeps it up!

Back
Top Bottom